• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wife's pissed...

Eric O

Double Eagle Member
cause I spend more time discin than I do at work. It has been my mo since before we got married. Disc>work. I own my home free and clear with no debt and we get the bills paid every month, so I got nothin for her right now but a smile and a kiss. Made for a frustrating morning of bitching today though so I just thought I'd get it out there. I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talkin about.

Maybe I should go buy her some flowers after I wrap up 27 holes at Milo today. :wink:

Sounds like my wife. The only grip she has is that I want to play golf all the time, specially this time of year. I gave up drinking and partying like a madman for her and the family now she is going after the golf. I guess its always something.

oh man.... I kick myself all the time for not getting into dg more when I was a single dude. Tourneys and dg travel would be a hell of a lot easier without the family balancing act.

That said, the wife's pretty great and understanding so I can't complain too much.

The house and bills are paid for and she still bitches? I'm just going to assume she is a sexual beast master with no boundaries and that's why you're still with her.

My wife will only complain if I think about disc golf more than sex. :D

Eric O said:
cause I spend more time discin than I do at work. It has been my mo since before we got married. Disc>work. I own my home free and clear with no debt and we get the bills paid every month, so I got nothin for her right now but a smile and a kiss. Made for a frustrating morning of bitching today though so I just thought I'd get it out there. I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talkin about.

Maybe I should go buy her some flowers after I wrap up 27 holes at Milo today. :wink:

Think of it this way, if she had nothing to bitch about, you'd be the perfect man (in her opinion) and then you'd be "fixed" and would need no more work. Thus, no need for her. Thus, she can move on feeling satisfied that there is one perfect man in the world and she made him.

They will always have something to bitch about. Just women. Just people. I usually go with "if disc golf is the worst thing I'm doing, I guess I'm not too bad." Just refer her to her girlfriends. They always have much worse stories.

The muzzle is a great idea, unless it has to come off. Then it's a really, really bad idea if you plan on hanging around.

Dude, just hook her up with her own addicting past time...blogging maybe? If not, you can always introduce her to:

http://www.matthewmcconaughey.com/

That will take care of the bitching and you'll probably get more late night action/afternoon delight to boot :shock:

...but on a more serious note, if you take care of that woman from top to bottom, A-Z, forget the flowers and buy her a copy of, "Gratitude is an Attitude".

mzuleger said:
<insert complaint about the dgr atmosphere not being inviting for women here>

Nobody's talking about women. Girlfriends appear to be more than accepting of disc golf. It's wives. Wives are a different species (this is not necessarily bad, just different - with different needs & priorities).

Latest posts