• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

winters Coming whats coming out of your bag ?

beatz1

Birdie Member
Everyone talks about whats in the bag but now whats coming out of them and replacing them ?

ce eagle x- replacement 11x eagle x but not beat like the ce

ce valk - champ valk replacing it (brand new)

ce leopard - beat to piss star leopard

white kc pro whippet- not replacing as i doubt i will be throwing thumbers this winter

1st run bosses - champ boss

and i will also most likely be taking out my ss magic as my main putter to switch to a medium magic or switch over to my black magics.

The necessity for two full bottles of ice-filled water for any round lasting two hours or more is out.

Probably. 1st Run glow Comets and Photon Magnets. I don't want either of these cracking. They will be replaced with TP Comets and D Magnets (if the magnet stayes in the bag)

masterbeato said:
anything that will break in sub zero temps like dx plastic.

Yup. I'll take out my super beat rocs and wizards on days below freezing but continue to throw new ones as I don't care if they break.

I took out my DX rocs and Z and TP comets and replaced them with a Star roc and two ESP comets. The black putting wizards came out and two glow wizards are going in. All my driving putter duties are now covered by an ESP focus and a soft magnet. My nice CE and 10x eagles have been replaced with 11x and 12x eagles and I took my dark red, hard to find SOLFs out of the bag and have a bright yellow monarch and SOLF.

Also all my discs except for the glow wizards are unnatural bright colors.

My birdie bag...but not quite yet. It may still get in the upper 80s. In another month there will be no worries of sweaty hands.

My white dx fullcolor aviar (main putter) and white KC Aviar. Replace putter with another pink aviar and BLUE ION.

Two very important discs of mine are white so I probably won't throw them. One is a FLX Challenger that I use for approaches, but I have a blue soft challenger to replace this. The other is an ESP Force that is my maximum distance driver. I'll probably throw my Z Flash more to somewhat replace this, unless it's windy, then I'll throw my Star Destroyer or Z Force.

I'll also probably take out all of my doubles and rarely thrown discs in order to carry a smaller bag, or fit a bottle of Ice Hole peppermint schnapps to keep me warm.

We've already had our first snow here so I took out my white disc. The only one I was carrying was my dead straight KC Roc so that's out. You guys have me worried about my blue (BEAT) DX Roc though. I sure wouldn't want to break or crack it, but I need a straight Roc in my bag and all I have are the white KC and the blue DX. I didn't have any problems with DX discs cracking or breaking last winter but I've seen the remnants of others' discs who haven't been so lucky. Should I pull it? I have a yellow one that's getting closer to straight but it's not quite there yet. I have some Buzzzes that I used to have in the bag that I could use as well, but I'd rather keep throwing Rocs. :D I've also got an orange SSS Wizard on the way (never used softer than Soft) to try out for the really cold days. Aside from that, I don't throw any rare or irreplaceable plastic so everything else can stay in the bag as I have backups. I'll probably set my Wraiths aside on most winter days as well as I just can't get the traction to really get on them. I was thinking about picking up a Valk or two to replace them for the winter.

I typically carry 3 Orcs, but I lost my "stable" (newest) one a few weeks ago and replaced it with a white Pro Firebird - that disc will be coming out of my bag starting tomorrow.

I have recently been debating the benefits of having both a Drone and a Pig in my bag - the Pig is white, so I think that I will take that out of the bag as well and see how it goes. Previously I had assumed that the Drone would be the one to go.

I also carry two Voodoos, one is a medium dinner plate - I love the disc, but am not so sure what it will be like in the cold. Not sure what I would replace it with though? Probably either a soft Warlock, or a Champ Aviar.

Taking out the Firebird and the Pig would get me down to 10 discs - which should leave enough room in my bag for all the extra crap i wind up carrying in the winter.

Oh, and I'd also like to take this opportunity to welcome a flask of my good buddy Elijah Craig back into my bag. You have been missed friend.

ETA: I have a very beat DX Roc that I love to death. I had no intention of removing it, but this thread has me all scared now. Maybe I'll give the zWasp or zBuzzz another shot.

I hate white discs so I have none in my bag to take out. I'm probably going to take out my dx rocs. I can't wait to see how bright my dayglow green starfire is in the snow.