• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wiscansin bound!

Are the new holes at Token Creek as open as they seemed when I played there about a week ago? We saw some of the new fairways and they looked like they could use a few trees. Are there going to be pictures?

I just uploaded 54 pictures of the new nine. Six pics per hole (pro tee sign, pro tee, am tee sign, am tee, approach, basket to tee). Yes, it may be overkill, but it also should be a nice walkthrough of the course.

The new 9 is definitely pretty open. They planted some small trees, but I think they did a good job of using the trees that were out there. I think this 9 is a little longer on average. #22 is kind of a unique hole. It has an "island" green with an outer ring of boulders and an inner ring of logs ... if you miss the green, you get a penalty stroke and then shoot from the small tee (drop zone) in front of the Am tee. In competition, you have to keep shooting from there until you make it on the green.
4156b274.jpg

0dfbee57.jpg

Green Lake is way out of my way, though. :\

Too bad, 'cuz this one is the best in this discussion. Also, Bird's Ruins is playing 100% better than last year. Wider mowed fairways and a controlled burn has the open holes (only 6 of them), playing well with no problem of lost discs. The worst holes right now are 1 and 4 for losing discs. Agree with the crowdedness at Heistand and Elver. Haven't played the new 9 at Token yet, but I've heard nothing but good.

Any Madison area players want to fill me in on what day there are leagues and what courses, pleaseandthankyou? Hoping I can make it to
one. I feel so spoiled up here in the twin cities with multiple leagues within 30 minutes of me every day of the week!

The Madison Area Disc Club doesn't run any leagues ourselves, but we try to post local leagues that members or others run on our website, plus people can post them on our forum's leagues subforum.
http://www.madcitydisc.org/events.html
http://forum.madcitydisc.org/forum/index.php?board=69.0

This year, there are currently only two regular leagues. Saturday morning (10 AM) random draw doubles at Vallarta - Ast, and a singles handicapped (using Disc Golf United) Tuesday league at Hiestand. For the Tuesday league, you register at Glide during the day (before 6:30 PM), and must play with at least one other league player, but there is no set start time. In previous years, there have been more leagues, and some of our members are now looking at starting a PDGA league and a Sunday morning league, but for now, it's just two.

As mentioned, the Bird Ruins course is in much better shape from when it was put in last fall.
I definitely had fun playing through it very recently.

About 5 miles away from that course, in Waterloo, is a 9 hole course, Firemen's Park. I liked that one quite a bit too.

The Rock River course in Watertown was interesting. The first nine is decent, the unfinished 9 in the woods was long and a lot of fun but hard to make your way around when I played a couple of months ago. I think they are two separate courses called the beauty and the beast.

Looks like I'll be hitting up Pettibone in La Crosse sunday afternoon/evening when I get there, heading to Vallarta sometime the next morning, then either heading straight south towards Janesville or heading towards Delafield. Which do you guys recommend?