• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Working on form

Not bad for the most part, just need get off your rear side and onto your front side more. A rear view vid would probably show better how your balance/posture/center is folded behind your heels. Your transition timing looks a little off as you reachback a little early and stride is off. You want to finish more upright on the plant leg.

Watch how Will's rear foot keeps going forward and right(squeeze), after leaving the ground, and how his front foot strides forward more sideways and reaches back later:

s3VAcXq.png

You're opening with your head, which is making your shoulders higher on the front side.

I could tell my followthrou looked a bit wierd. Thats probably why!!! Now I just have to get out and throw a bit more :) Ty

You are turning your head and body around before your weight shifts and collapsing your posture over. Need to shift weight from behind you/brace upright and watch your hand during the swing instead of turning ahead of the swing to look at the target.

Somewhat better. Still not really shifting your weight correctly. A video from behind the tee will probably show your hips sliding to the left. Your rear foot spins around instead of moving forward.

I think I got something from those videos. Too bad it is snowing again so I can't try it out.

Somewhat better. Still not really shifting your weight correctly. A video from behind the tee will probably show your hips sliding to the left. Your rear foot spins around instead of moving forward.

SW, I've seen you reference the "swaying/sliding" of the hips to the left in other form reviews. Do you have a reference video or anything that shows what exactly this is or looks like? I'm curious if this is another one my own issues.

SW, I've seen you reference the "swaying/sliding" of the hips to the left in other form reviews. Do you have a reference video or anything that shows what exactly this is or looks like? I'm curious if this is another one my own issues.

Perfect, thank you. And this stems from spinning on back foot/not pushing off back foot mostly? If so, then I'm probably definitely doing that.
It's a spin out of the hips. Spinning out the rear foot and not properly bracing/clearing the front hip back a la the butt wipe drill.

Some recent footage: https://youtu.be/VQNGZVx2O4w

Feels a bit better now then when this was filmed >1 week ago. Shot a personal best 47 at the course in the film (par 56) this sunday at our first competetive round of this season.

Got some footage from behind and from the side, also a couple of forehands in the mix (managed to add a few shots twice but I won't bother to do upload it again)

You still need to turn into your rear leg/hip further and stride more leading with the hip/butt rather than your foot(hershyzer). Turn your head further back and look at your disc! Your eyes are never on the disc, how do you know what it's doing? Your eyes are always looking too far ahead of everything and causing you to spin out. Watch the disc throughout the entire backswing and forward swing.

Yep I can see that. Got to do some more actual fieldwork instead of casual rounds since its hard not to focus on the target. Ty for your input.

Footwork doesn't look very natural or rhythmic. I do an actual x-step/hop(side shuffle) behind the front leg. Probably hard to brace to the front leg in snow/ice, but the front knee should brace behind the ankle. Need to keep your body rotation more centered between/inside your feet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJiuwOEmtDw#t=3m46s

3do8trL.png

You also pronate your arm in the backswing so the disc turns 90 degrees vertical, need to supinate the arm in the backswing so the disc loads back on horizontal plane to swing.

Last edited: