• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst person to be stuck playing a round with:

Worst Person to be stuck playing a round with:

• Mr Disc Golf

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • Mr Pre-Putt

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Mr Weed

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Mr Meltdown

Votes: 45 27.3%
  • Mr Chatterbox

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Mr Rude

Votes: 50 30.3%

• Total voters
I hate playing with people that are great players and make sure that you know it.

I also hate playing with weed smokers. I see no need for it. If you want to smoke, stay home.

..and mr. "I can't play without beer" player. They add alot (of garbage) to the sport.

I hate playing with people that are great players and make sure that you know it.

I also hate playing with weed smokers. I see no need for it. If you want to smoke, stay home.
God forbid a disc golfer smoking weed....sounds like you need to try it because it is probably the best way to play

I would if I wouldnt go to jail for having it. And yes I used to smoke when I was younger

God forbid a disc golfer smoking weed....sounds like you need to try it because it is probably the best way to play

I have a great time on my own. I don't need to alter my brain to have fun. Never had a need for it. I guess you life is not exciting enough on its own, and you have to alter it.

Let me also say this. The reason I am against weed, is because the way I get treated by other players when I don't join them for a smoke. Several times and in two tournaments, I have been asked if I want to smoke, and when I have said, "No thank you", I was treated like the odd man out, and was really treated like a narc or something.

If you want to engage in an illegal activity, fine, be my guest. But don't treat me like crap just because I choose not too. I don't play disc golf to drink beer or get high. I do it for the love of the game. Disc Golf is my drug. I could care less what anyone else does, but don't treat me bad if I choose not to.

I have had this happen several times, and I am damn sick of it!

Wow, I have refused tons of times and never gotten that feeling.

Let me also say this. The reason I am against weed, is because the way I get treated by other players when I don't join them for a smoke. Several times and in two tournaments, I have been asked if I want to smoke, and when I have said, "No thank you", I was treated like the odd man out, and was really treated like a narc or something.

If you want to engage in an illegal activity, fine, be my guest. But don't treat me like crap just because I choose not too. I don't play disc golf to drink beer or get high. I do it for the love of the game. Disc Golf is my drug. I could care less what anyone else does, but don't treat me bad if I choose not to.

even though i have been an avid toker for 25 years, i am with you biker...people need not judge you for that bull****..those are the people you don't want to golf with...diverse folks, i can play with anyone...i focus on what i am doing not what joe schmoe is doing..

Definately mr weed. You put the people around you at risk, you put the park at risk and you damage the image of the game. Parks have been pulled out of the ground because some people couldn't get high on their own time. Police have made their presence known on courses because of burnouts. But whatever, brah, it's all good!!

even though i have been an avid toker for 25 years, i am with you biker...people need not judge you for that bull****..those are the people you don't want to golf with...diverse folks, i can play with anyone...i focus on what i am doing not what joe schmoe is doing..

I thank you for saying that. It usually seems to be the young guys I have a problem with.

I have started telling people that I can't because my job does random drug testing, which is 100% true, and that seems to work sometimes.

Oh, I think my answer would be the folks that litter. I never run into them though.

I just tell them no. F them, if they dont like it oh well. Its more for them anyways.

hey man just be honest and tell 'em you choose not to..but they can if they like...if that doesn't work...tell 'em to **** off!! it is usually the younger crowd who think they are cool for smoking and shun others that do not..they might grow out of their stupidity one day..

Pot smokers are the most selfish bunch of people out there.

Pot smokers are the most selfish bunch of people out there.

ok, this toolbag is back...this has to be one of the dumbest statements i have ever heard on here or anywhere..tim (or anyone that knows how to ignore members) could you pm me so i can ignore this douchebag...i believe he is here for the sole purpose of pissing people off

It's not dumb. As I stated before, you put people at risk when you do that stuff, because most courses are in PUBLIC parks. Parks have been yanked out of the ground because of pot smokers, that is a fact. But hey, it's a stupid statement, brah, because it like never hurt anybody!! Just relax, man...

Have you looked in the mirror? I understand your frustration, but people do profile when you look like a hippie, drive a truck for a living, and play disc golf. Its like the perfect storm of stereotype for you.

Theres a Japanese saying, "The nail that sticks out is the one that gets hammered."

I voted Mr Disc Golf. I played with a guy that wouldn't shut up about how my putting form was bad. As he's hurling a freaking groove from 20' out and can't hit metal.

My other peeve isn't listed, Mr. Improve-Bad-Lie. We have one guy that plays with us sometimes that never throws from anywhere near where his disc lands. I never call someone on where they throw from as long as you are in the general area, I never watch most of my friends cause they throw from where they lay. But taking 3 side steps into the fairway so that tree isn't in your way anymore is a little much.

Last edited:
In my experience Mr. Disc Golf is the worst, I can't stand the know-it-alls out there who feel the need to act like they know everything about everything on the course. A lot of times Mr. Disc Golf only holds that title in his mind anyway, lots of these guys out there who are average at best. Granted I've only come across a couple in 6+ years. I once played with a guy who thought he should critique my drive even though I outdrove him by 75 ft and was more accurate.

Have you looked in the mirror? I understand your frustration, but people do profile when you look like a hippie, drive a truck for a living, and play disc golf. Its like the perfect storm of stereotype for you.

There's a Japanese saying, "The nail that sticks out is the one that gets hammered."

I have long hair because I like it. I also don't know of any truckers that smoke because most companies do random drug testing. Also I had never heard that disc golf and drugs went hand in hand. That's like saying "You fish, that means you must be a beer drinker".

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Ya but people do bro. Just dont pay them no mind....their potheads. And unless you quit you will come across them