• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

You could say with a taller plh you have more OS. I've thrown many a 150g Blizzard Wraith with tall plh that would turn over with the slightest anhyzer. Weight matters. The heavier the disc, typically the more it will fight the wind.

Last edited:
You could say with a taller plh you have more OS. I've thrown many a 150g Blizzard Wraith will tall plh that would turn over with the slightest anhyzer. Weight matters.

my buddy throws a 134g katana into headwinds. and he throws about 350ft. the plh is insane on it. you should see the looks he gets at tourneys when he uses it.

there was even discussion about the 150g firebirds being beef cakes

All Firebirds have beef to them. I enjoy 175g Champion Firebirds because they are the beefiest and they stay most beefiest! With Wraiths, I chose flatter and weights between 167g - 175g. I carry 3 in the bag. As dependable as the sun rising.

Last edited:
You could say with a taller plh you have more OS. I've thrown many a 150g Blizzard Wraith with tall plh that would turn over with the slightest anhyzer. Weight matters.

You could have been throwing it faster or different, maybe the oat Monster got you.

Really though I agree buying blind a max weight Champ. But I'd rule PLH over a few grams all day.

You could have been throwing it faster or different, maybe the oat Monster got you.

Really though I agree buying blind a max weight Champ. But I'd rule PLH over a few grams all day.

I was feeling them up at GGGT today, but decided not to pull the trigger and ask the question in case there was some unique consensus on something. But more or less, you guys are confirming what I was thinking and I'll probably grab a champ for the durability. Won't be throwing them in the snow anyway.
Fwiw, my really overstable star is a 170, so yeah, a few grams isn't the be all end all.

I generally get the same distance out of my non-freak wraiths as I do with all the speed 12 and up drivers I've thrown alongside them, but with seemingly more control, fewer slips, and way more comfort in the hand. So I'm going to roll with them. I like them paired with the PD also because I can get a little better distance and the lines are definitely different. Pretty excited to get that spot settled and get out and play....in four months. :(

4 months?!?

Forget that. I'll never move back up north. I played today in shorts.

4 months?!?

Forget that. I'll never move back up north. I played today in shorts.

Ha. Yeah, winter came early this year. I'll play a few times throughout the winter, but that's with a small bag of DX. I don't much care for trudging through knee high snow for hours on end like we had to last year. Plus it's dark now by 5:00 and funny, that's when my workday ends during the week.

my buddy throws a 134g katana into headwinds. and he throws about 350ft. the plh is insane on it. you should see the looks he gets at tourneys when he uses it.

there was even discussion about the 150g firebirds being beef cakes

I have one of those freaks! Its a pale pink/orange 137g that I have yet to turnover! I actually use the 157g for the understable slot

I have one of those freaks! Its a pale pink/orange 137g that I have yet to turnover! I actually use the 157g for the understable slot

haha there so funny to watch. whenever he pulls it out when everyone has fb's or preds in their hands, everyone looks at him like hes iq is under 70. then he rips it and it doesnt even think about turning over. there has been multiple times he was the only one to stay in the fairway in a huge headwind. his is blue. and idk about bubbles in flightplate or rim. but its a funny disc to watch being thrown.

i also had a blizz krait once that was more OS than my fb. it started fading right out of the hand. similar to a h1. that thing was like 140g.

I like to call my Wraith The Adventure. It will either fly true and straight for agood 350-400ft. with a slight turn and good fade or it will turn over hard and not do what it usually does. I have even aced with it for my second ace overall, it was a tunnel shot too. It is this nice light redish pink marble disc at 175 and I have had it since 2009 and it is still in my bag, for the simple fact that it could either be awesome or not. That's the adventure. But seriously its a love hate cuss at the trees relationship between me and my wraith.

How are the gstar wraiths holding up? I've noticed a little extra glide in my gstar teebird and leopard. Are the gstar wraiths stability wise right around star? I've heard some people say to stay away from gstar when it comes to higher speed drivers because it gets floppy quick. I'm loving gstar in all my other molds so I'm curious about the wraith. Thanks!

I only bring my gstar Wraith out on the more open courses but it's holding up fine... maybe 500 throws with it so far.

I noticed that it seems to have more forward fade than regular star or champ and that's only getting better with time. Comes in handy on some lines but not so much when you need a hard(er) dump.

Pairs well with the OOP, TRX (Wraith-X).

You could say with a taller plh you have more OS. I've thrown many a 150g Blizzard Wraith with tall plh that would turn over with the slightest anhyzer. Weight matters. The heavier the disc, typically the more it will fight the wind.

When comparing plh,ive always compared them in the same plastic since each plastic may have the tendency to mold up differently.

Star with star
Champ with champ
Blizz with blizz

Etc.

Weight does help but lole others have said,there are freak discs that are light and can come out very beefy

Anyone been throwing gstar wraiths? Ive been considering one to replace a beat 165 star that i use for big tailwinds and some bh rollers,though i wish it had more dome. I know gstar beats on faster so thats a good thing for me.i havnt really looked at them or thrown them though to see how consistent the dome is or how they fly

booter i have great success with old beat pro wraiths for turnovers and tailwinds

I have a good story. I threw a wraith 500 feet on video, posted it on these forums and got some serious hate. It's a good disc though, 168 gram pro, medium to low dome. Flies really far.

Anyone been throwing gstar wraiths? Ive been considering one to replace a beat 165 star that i use for big tailwinds and some bh rollers,though i wish it had more dome. I know gstar beats on faster so thats a good thing for me.i havnt really looked at them or thrown them though to see how consistent the dome is or how they fly

I have a 167g that, when new thrown flat, flew flat for the 1st 125' then faded gradually from there out to about 325' (extremely gradual fade for a Wraith). After 500 or so throws, it has extended the start of it's fade about 10-15' and fades forward a bit more for a total of about 350'. I can get another 20' out of it with a good flex shot but I get a little more distance out of my 163g champs.

Maybe because I've been throwing the latter a couple of years longer than the gstar?

If you can throw it that far, I hate you already.

LOL
Not to derail the thread, but if you havn't been playing long, it really helps to build your throw up from a standstill, I threw only standstills for over 2 months and got it down to throwing putters almost 300' from the standstill before I added an x step. Check out my form critique thread to see how much this helps.

Latest posts