• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Any truth to the statement that Bottom Stamped Wraiths are more OS. What is the most OS Wraith?

So I got a couple Pro Wraiths that seem to not S as much as Stars and go further, maybe it's my noodle arm? Anyways PM me if you got some bright colored Pro Wraiths for trade. I need more.

So I got a couple Pro Wraiths that seem to not S as much as Stars and go further, maybe it's my noodle arm? Anyways PM me if you got some bright colored Pro Wraiths for trade. I need more.

They will beat in to dependable turnover discs. I cycle Pro Wraiths on a regular basis. :thmbup:

They will beat in to dependable turnover discs. I cycle Pro Wraiths on a regular basis. :thmbup:

It's the strangest thing how the Pro Wraith just stays in the air and glides out more then others and I've thrown a lot of discs. It might not be the longest disc out there but it's straighter and consistently long for me. The other weird thing is in crosswinds, it just holds the line. I don't know if it's the grippier plastic or what giving more spin thus stabilizing it. Probably just a better disc for my power really too.

I'm happy to see 360 once in a while now flat ground, I got 8 Wraiths but only two Pro's so yeah I'm looking for more if anyone has any for trade.

Any truth to the statement that Bottom Stamped Wraiths are more OS. What is the most OS Wraith?

I've got a 175g G* Wraith in my bag and it is the most OS one I've ever owned. I'm being completely serious. I've thrown a ton of them and that one is the most OS. I can put plenty of anhyzer on it FH or BH and it always fights out of it. More OS than a lot of Destroyers I've thrown. Just won't turn over and mocks the wind.

Wraiths are great. All plastics have some useful characteristics. First disc that started going further for me was a Champ Katana (I hated the squirrelly Pro Katana). After that I kept stable champ wraiths for shots that did not need as much D or if there was a bit of wind.

Domey champ wraiths 170ish are usually pretty beefy.

Last edited:
The newest addition to my Wraith stash, a beautiful old stock 175g with just the slightest trace of dome. It color shifts from blue to teal in light, pictures do not really do it justice.

Attachments

• IMG_20150418_192718.jpg
    IMG_20150418_192718.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 61
I throw Destroyers for max distance and FH. I also carry an old PFN pop top Star Wraith as a control driver of sorts. Nice and stable, very predictable disc.

Before I threw Destroyers I bagged a couple FAF 12 speed Star Wraiths. Those things are great. Just hard to find. If I could get my hands on a couple more, they would probably go back in the bag.

Before I threw Destroyers I bagged a couple FAF 12 speed Star Wraiths. Those things are great. Just hard to find. If I could get my hands on a couple more, they would probably go back in the bag.

I have a white one with wiped stamp looks rough throws great I'd trade.

All things the same, the less turn and fade, the greater the distance. Light weight star (164-165) will fly pretty straight as well and compare well to max weight Pro.

I haven't thrown GStar either, hows the GStar fly?

Mine flew middle of the road stability-wise as compared to the average star of the same weight (167) but I haven't beat it in yet. I'm guessing it will transition at least twice as fast as regular star if it's like my other OS/solid stable gstar molds that I have beat in. I do love how well gstar sticks when you want an approach with a landing angle and speed that would otherwise skip yet, I don't want a skip but other than that, it seems costly for the serviceable life you get. At least the initial stability loss as I haven't continued throwing gstar OS/solid stable much past a -1 turn and/or less than +1.5 on the Innova scale.

Comparitively, I wonder if it holds any better after that initial, and early IMO, hit?

I just wanted to say I'm getting some of the biggest drives I've ever had with my 160g Blizzard Wraith. Really ideal weight I think for big drives. Can't find a single bubble in the rim or plate. I never really clicked with the Tern even though I think it is a very cool mold. Just always felt awkward in the hand. Wraith Love.

Last edited:
I just bought a 168g pro Wraith and a 175g echo star Wraith to see how they battle out with my Destroyers. I can't wait to throw them once my ankle heals. :/

I'm also interested in how the JLs fly - I've heard the JL Destroyers are slightly less stable making them perfect to fill in a slightly beat disc.

Bought a yellow Star Wraith and it was quite flat. Found an exact same copy on the course last month. Just as flat so they are OS for me. I carry a Star along with a DX for max d.

Bought a yellow Star Wraith and it was quite flat. Found an exact same copy on the course last month. Just as flat so they are OS for me. I carry a Star along with a DX for max d.

I can get DX ones here locally, but for some reason, never have. What do they compare to stability wise?

Latest posts