• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

X-Outs: is the low cost worth it?

Is the low cost of X-outs worth the imperfections?

• Yes

Votes: 103 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 8.8%

• Total voters

evansr10

Par Member
I just bought a couple x-out discs to try out and I'm wondering how many of you use x-outs and if they sacrifice quality for cheapness.

I have run across other threads on here on this topic, just do a search. But I believe most, if not all, x-outs are cosmetic (mis-stamp, mixed color) flaws only, not deformities in the disc. I have a couple and they as good as any.

I know champ plastic sometimes gets tiny air bubbles in the rim. these become x-outs, but I can't tell a difference.

x outs rarely affect flight, only aesthetics, so I say yeah they are worth it (poster above is correct, I think I have said this before)

I've had x outs that flew great, and I traded them anyhow. :doh:

xouts are wonderful. especially the "special" disc x outs...CHEAP!!!!! ive never had one fly bad. their especially nice if your trying out new discs. no reason to pay full price for a disc you dont know if you like. i will firmly stand by them.

ex outs don't matter. ever wonder why they usually make ex outs in champ? you can't tell in star plastic.

I buy x outs 1/2 or more of the time. My best drivers and my best mid are x outs. I also dye them with whatever suits the mood.

I should mention that I live near a disc retailer/wholesale distributor where I can sort through x outs by hand. I would not buy them through the mail tho...cuz some have ridiculously huge warps in the flight plates.

Pretty much all it is, is a typo from the manufacturer, right?

Totally worth it.

Plus you get to make up a new name for you're disc...

example:

XCaliber stamped with Destroyer (I've seen it) = Destraliber!!!

..and who the hell in their right mind wouldn't want a disc called the...

DESTRALIBER!!!!!

I dont think theres really a diffrence. If the disc was so messed up it dident fly right, they would just trash it.

Pretty much all it is, is a typo from the manufacturer, right?

Totally worth it.

Plus you get to make up a new name for you're disc...

example:

XCaliber stamped with Destroyer (I've seen it) = Destraliber!!!

..and who the hell in their right mind wouldn't want a disc called the...

DESTRALIBER!!!!!

I got a destroyer that was stamped as a roadrunner..

Roaddestroyer?
Derunner?

...Not as cool as Destraliber :\

yea they are worth the money you save

I've seen a number of brand new "USDA" choice discs that had more flaws than some of the X-outs. I guess the the grading depends on who was doing QC that run. Besides, every disc becomes an Xout after a few tree collisions anyhow.

It depends on the price difference. At discgolfcenter the savings is $2. If I was ordering online and not being able to see the disc, I would pay the extra $2 and get what I want. At a local store, I might buy X-out since I can see what I am getting.