• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

X-Outs: is the low cost worth it?

Is the low cost of X-outs worth the imperfections?

• Yes

Votes: 103 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 8.8%

• Total voters
Where I go they charge $8 for champ x-outs and $9 for star x-outs. So you're saving about 5 bucks a disc. If it was only $2 off, I wouldn't bother with x-outs.

I have also bagged some Lat 64 opto x-outs for $7 which have been a great discovery - never woulda tried them otherwise.

Where I go they charge $8 for champ x-outs and $9 for star x-outs. So you're saving about 5 bucks a disc. If it was only $2 off, I wouldn't bother with x-outs.

I have also bagged some Lat 64 opto x-outs for $7 which have been a great discovery - never woulda tried them otherwise.

So where do you go? I always go to Marshall St. for mine, they are a buck or two more but still worth it.

Where do you get Lat 64 X-outs?

it's crazy how different people doing the quality checks really make a difference. I've seen X-outs at PIAS that have less air bubbles in the rim (and the air bubbles are the only problem) than some of the champion discs the store I work at gets in stock...I've had a boss and some grooves come in that had some serious air bubbles going on.

So where do you go? I always go to Marshall St. for mine, they are a buck or two more but still worth it.

dtworld - but I don't think they offer them through their website/mail. they are on the counter right when you walk in.

I noticed discgolfvalues has them and they are mail-order only.

I have never bought an X out disc and haven't seen many at all on the courses. I might be one of those who might be psychologically tricked by it and would blame the disc if I couldn't throw it right.

I was lucky enough to get 3 x-out star katanas and love them. It is very har to tell somtimes if it is x-out due to production or miss print stamp. Either way I have been happy with all my x-outs and save some money to boot. Just got tired of buying every new fund raiser disc coming down the pike for $25 or more and finding out I don't like it. I got my x-out star katanas for $12.95.

If I understand correctly,
Discraft will not sell a deformed disc. All of their misprints are exactly that, only stamp misprints. They don't sell X-outs, but do sell misprints.

Innova will sell discs with slight deformities. Usually this is a small imperfection or a bubble in the plastic.

In general I have no problem throwing x-outs or misprints (maybe we should watch what we say or disc companies will read this thread and jack up prices!).

I have had a couple wizard x-outs that had very warped flight plates... not a fan of those.

It might be hit or miss (I have had clovered wizards too) but I like them to try out new discs. When Marshall Street had the free $5 disc I got mad Quest AT X-outs...why the hell not!!??

There isn't much room for higher prices.

the only way x-outs can be higher priced is if regular disc prices increase. And if that happens in this economy it wouldn't be too smart. Eespecially when there's gotta be at least 200-300% markups at the retailer compared to cost to mfg. them.

Anyone out there know what it costs for Innova or Discraft to make a disc?

BTW

picked up a backup lat 64 core x-out @ dtw 2day. Along with a r-pro dart and a dyed champ roadrunner (not x-outs)