• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

X-Outs: is the low cost worth it?

Is the low cost of X-outs worth the imperfections?

• Yes

Votes: 103 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 8.8%

• Total voters
Please explain.......................:)

our moderator is Three Putt and then you came in as twoputt (one better than three putt)

your name gave me the thought that you were another member who was claiming to be better than three putt.
I am not saying you are intentionally calling out three putt, but with the way things have been going lately, it was my guess that you were.

I hope that clears things up, Welcome to DGCR

i dont mind misprints, not a fan... just dont mind
but i dont like x outs at all, and yet i'm compelled to try some for my favorite molds, hoping to obtain a freakish understable or overstable version

but from the x outs i have seen, i'm' not a fan at all, ,unless maybe its star and you cant see the errors,

Wife got a DX Stingray X-out that is almost flat topped. It is a perfect low power flick disc and she loves it.

The only issue I see is if there are too big/too many bubbles in the rim. This throws off the flightl plate to wing weight ratio. If the ratio shifts too much you will notice a decrease in stablility.

Otherwise, I'd say go for it... especially if you like to dye your discs.

It really depends on the disc, I would not buy one without looking at it. Sometimes the problem is nothing, but I have seen some that the flight plate of the disc is dipping into the disc, that disc will not fly correctly.

I have almost all X-Out discs and only 2 have had discoloration in the plastic and none have had imperfections in the plastic. The rest were misprints or extras from some tournament.

The problem is waiting for the right disc, weight, and plastic that you want.

The Discraft discs look the same from stamping, with usually a misprint error that looks like a scratch from normal use.
The Innova discs usually say X-Out on the top, but occasionally have two distinctly different stamps (eg. Aviar & Leopard).
The Gateway X-Outs look exactly the same as regular discs and usually you can get the exact disc, weight, and plastic you want directly from the factory online store.

It is the best way to support a disc addiction.