• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

XXX

Spinach D said:
discspeed said:
Spinach D said:
my XXX is shorter than my champ FB.

What's going on here? Is your FB a 12x? Proline? Broken in? In any of those cases I could see a new XXX being more overstable, faster, and therefore potentially shorter on the same throw. Break it in a little and it will stretch out. It still won't be significantly longer...Its a better version of the same thing.

Must just be a freakish XXX. I've had. many FBs and my current one is typical and fairly new.

By typical and new, do you mean a domey 12x? I could see those being less stable than the XXX. However, for the purpose of the disc, the XXX would be much better for overhands/rollers and into the wind. Nobody should get the impression that the XXX is a long disc at all. It is a utility driver. Mine saves me strokes all the time for upshots, thumbers, or really windy drives. I have to throw it with 400' of power to get 300'+ though.

This XXX is like a bag of rocks. I doubt I can throw it 300 ft on level ground. Maybe down a ski hill into a headwind to keep it aloft.

But yes tons of utility shots: certain thumbers, fh rollers, short bh and fh shots.

I can't say I've faced big winds with it yet. I'm certain I will be pleased when I do though.

Picked up a XXX the other day and it is easily the most stable disc I have ever thrown. I've been using a dx whippet in this spot for a while and right now I'm finding the xxx less workable. I'm using it for all my whippet shots to see how it works out. It is looking like it may not stay in the bag for too long.....

rooneytunes said:
Picked up a XXX the other day and it is easily the most stable disc I have ever thrown. I've been using a dx whippet in this spot for a while and right now I'm finding the xxx less workable. I'm using it for all my whippet shots to see how it works out. It is looking like it may not stay in the bag for too long.....

True overstability is not very workable unless you really exaggerate your anhyzer on the release. This is a good skill to have. When I first got my XXX, I would try to rip it hard to get it to work. I gave up on that quickly as the disc made me feel like a little girl power-wise. Then I started just throwing it smooth with mad anny and it works awesome like this.

I received my 170 XXX three days ago and took it out today...it is in between a Pred and an Xtreme, but it leans toward the Xtreme side of things......It saved me a stroke via sidearm but beyond that, it got no use on the course.

Tossin' in Memphis said:
I received my 170 XXX three days ago and took it out today...it is in between a Pred and an Xtreme, but it leans toward the Xtreme side of things......It saved me a stroke via sidearm but beyond that, it got no use on the course.

Sooo...you wanna trade it? :D

Do you want to have some fun and mix things up? Play a whole round with only your putter and a XXX. I've done a couple of those in the past week with the Ion/XXX and its totally fun. These are 2 discs with zero overlap.

discspeed said:
Do you want to have some fun and mix things up? Play a whole round with only your putter and a XXX. I've done a couple of those in the past week with the Ion/XXX and its totally fun. These are 2 discs with zero overlap.
I played a whole round a while ago with an Xtreme and a wizard. That round was awesome. I don't think I've thrown so many pancakes and rollers in my life.

Roc Lover said:
anyone not liking their xxx's, i am willing to trade or buy as long as you didnt thrash them

I'll take thrashed XXX's! I can't wait to break mine in to the stability of say, a brand new champ EX.

discspeed said:

I took a novice work buddy out and he was having such trouble with nose up hyzers I gave him the XXX and a Magnet and showed him how to throw a thumber. He started paring most holes. He was truly crushing the XXX overhand. I think u will try this to get fully competant with the disc.

I threw a money forehand roller with this at Rosedale, #11 in the shortest placement (about 230'). It's a RHFH skip shot really; the anhyzer is very difficult because you can't get it that high. I threw a LHFH roller that went straight for 250' then turned all the way around to the right to park the pin.

I think the roller action this disc has seen has broken it in a bit. I finally broke 300' downhill throwing it on a nice anhyzer. It's starting to straighten out, something I really like.

I have had mine in my bag for a week or 2 now and man this thing is crazy overstable. It tries to land completely vertical every time which has led to me getting some weird bounces and skips. I am slowly starting to figure it out and like it more and more as I continue to throw it. It is for sure the most overstable disc I have thrown.

I lost the XXX that had been in my bag for months, and now I'm realizing that it was broken in significantly as the new one is sickly piggish.

discspeed said:
I lost the XXX that had been in my bag for months, and now I'm realizing that it was broken in significantly as the new one is sickly piggish.

Sorry to hear that.

I have threw mine a few days ago and I like it a lot. I threw it forehand with a bit of anhyzer and it quickly flipped flat and came back hyzer. Overhand, it flew farther than I expected it to. I can't wait to beat it in a bit. Great disc.

rusch_bag said:
I have had mine in my bag for a week or 2 now and man this thing is crazy overstable. It tries to land completely vertical every time which has led to me getting some weird bounces and skips. I am slowly starting to figure it out and like it more and more as I continue to throw it. It is for sure the most overstable disc I have thrown.

Throw some forehand rollers with it. I've found the quickest way to break discs in is to throw rollers. Since you're probably not going to get it to backahand roll, the forehand is a good option.

colombo117 said:
discspeed said:
I have threw mine a few days ago and I like it a lot. I threw it forehand with a bit of anhyzer and it quickly flipped flat and came back hyzer. Overhand, it flew farther than I expected it to. I can't wait to beat it in a bit. Great disc.

I've thrown some forehands with it the way you describe, and it's worked out nicely.

I was throwing the XXX into a pretty good headwind that would typically play with my Firebird and Pred. But the XXX did not bounce around at all, it flew like there was no wind at all.
This thing is turning into a fun disc to throw. And it feels great in my hand.

Like whats been said before, its not a long-distance disc, but it shines as a great utility disc.

As I start using it more, I am trying to find a reason to use it on every shot. :lol:

I got an xXx in a trade recently and finally got a chance to get out in some wind and try it our yesterday. It was blowing 25mph and gusting to 50 and the xXx was solid for me. Got about the same kind of distance as my Firebird but the bird got tossed around more than the xxx. I'll definitely be playing around with it some more, I'd like to try some thumbers with it and see how they go.

I really want to pick up another XXX but I don't want a dome. Are the flat tops still out there?

Latest posts