• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

When can't remember a player's name on your card that was on it a year ago, but you can remember what companies he predominantly throws.

When you walk into a building or store, you stand there and pretend that your stretching, when in fact you're working on your throws. Kinda like air guitar but really hasn't caught on just yet.

When you get your Master's Degree and teaching credential just to potentially institute and teach a disc golf class at the local community college.

When rewatching The Avengers, you marvel at the hyzer line that Captain America often throws his shield on to take out some bad guys.

You start taking alternate route to work to avoid a train crossing. Then find out you pass a disc golf course by driving this way. Now you drive to work this way every day because even though you can't play disc golf you still get a warm fuzzy feeling when you drive by the disc golf course. It is always great when you can start the day with happy disc golf thoughts that make you smile.:thmbup:

You're walking down an aisle in a store and feel the need to whip out your very overstable driver/mid and forehand it at the column 2-3 aisles down, thinking it's a tone target. The same can be said about the parking lot outside and the small trees or lighting fixtures.

You show up in the rain for a cashless pre-reg tourney, and stay for the 2nd round.

^ so true. Who the hell ever says "ball golf?"
Disc golfers.

Last edited:
Yeah, when I first started playing around 2007/08, was talking to a buddy of mine. I was talking about disc and then said ball golf. He asked me...."what the F is ball golf????????"

Yeah, when I first started playing around 2007/08, was talking to a buddy of mine. I was talking about disc and then said ball golf. He asked me...."what the F is ball golf????????"

I had never heard the phrase "Ball Golf" until I did on this site. It surely must have been a disc golfer that came up with it. It might have originated from this site.?

Normally my friends will ask me to play:

Golf- Want to go golfing, wanna swing the sticks or let's go hit the range.

Disc-Let's go throw, wanna disc, wanna bang some chains.

Footy-Never been asked but believe the jargon would make it differentiable from the other two aforementioned golf activities.

You know you're addicted to DG when.....

You get "Plantar Fasciitis" and can no longer WALK the DG courses, without severe pain, so you buy an Airwheel S5 (the much less expensive equivalent of a Segway), so you can continue to play the game, without as much pain.

I can still THROW without much pain, but all the walking is really taking a toll on my right foot. So, if you see me out riding my "Airwheel" around Hiller Park, or other courses along the Gulf Coast, it is not because I am lazy, it is for medicinal purposes.......

Airwheel_20150617114632864.png

Damn, Binky, how many "for medicinal purposes" does it take? :D :p My bartender just :rolleyes: when I say it.

Last edited:
You know you're addicted to DG when.....

You get "Plantar Fasciitis" and can no longer WALK the DG courses, without severe pain, so you buy an Airwheel S5 (the much less expensive equivalent of a Segway), so you can continue to play the game, without as much pain.

I can still THROW without much pain, but all the walking is really taking a toll on my right foot. So, if you see me out riding my "Airwheel" around Hiller Park, or other courses along the Gulf Coast, it is not because I am lazy, it is for medicinal purposes.......

Airwheel_20150617114632864.png

Dang Blinky! That's a pretty good idea. You really are addicted!!

Now you just need something to pick your discs up off the fairway and you never have to get off that thing! :thmbup:

Latest posts