• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Get Out of Jail Free disc

175 glow champ Max. Bush blocking the spike hyzer release? No problem, I can raise my arm almost all the way to a tomahawk and that thing will still fight back and come down steep and fast, blasting through small branches like they weren't even there and digging in right by the basket.

Glow champ max? That thing must be goofy Z Nuke OS-level overstable...

My Resistor has gotten me out of some crazy stuff on White Cedar.

If I want to go the other way, the Impulse kills on anny lines and quick turnovers if I rip on it

I don't necessarily have a go to when it comes to sketchy escape shots. If I am literally just trying to throw as hard as possible and hope for something good through some trees I will probably throw my PD2 FH. If its a touch shot going for a little tiny gap in the stuff I throw PD, P2, or roc.

I used to pull out my Banshee but I lost it, I have recently replaced it with a Firebird but I haven't used it much yet, I guess that is a good thing though.

Firechicken for thumbers, rollers and Meteor and Sonic for short shots.

I've been messing around with a z nuke os for this slot. I can release it like a tomahawk and it will fight back. The pure for a backhand anny.

I get some weird looks when I say, "what's gonna work better, a pure or a nuke os?" It doesn't seem logical.

dx stingray

worn-in dx stingray - for short-ish back hand shots out of trouble, need full right turn, and/or movement is restricted. I only reach for this disc about once per round, but it fills a need not covered by my other discs and executes a shot I rarely see thrown by other players.

Oh ESP Limited Edition Venom how I miss thee... This thread brings up something traumatic for me, the loss of a dear friend that chose to fly into the woods and leave me.... Eh oh well been replaced with a Star XCaliber, still waiting to find another venom somewhere though.

Glow champ max? That thing must be goofy Z Nuke OS-level overstable...

Yeah, the difference in stability between it and my next most OS disc (beefy champ destroyer) is like the difference between the destro and a roadrunner. I go two or three rounds without throwing it, but when those shots come up theres nothing else that can hit those ridiculous lines.

like Mashnut said above, when the spot is a mystery but definitely in the thick I'll leave the bag and bring a gold XXX and a beat Nova in with me. one of these [almost] always provides what I need.

Trident or Buzzz depending on how I need to shape the shot. The trident is for overhand mostly, but I'll use it for shots that need to go multiple directions in a short space (IE tight flex shots around multiple trees) as well. The Buzzz is usually for forehand shots out of the rough that I want to flatten out and fly for at least some distance.

Firebird or Zone .. depending on distance but both are so unique, versatile and most importantly for those get out of trouble shots both are DEPENDABLE!! but if its one of those hmm what do i throw type shots its when in doubt go Patriot!

Like most here its my xxx or my most beat/lightweight putter depending on the trouble or objective.

XXX: FH rollers, thumbers, FH flex shots, spikes of all kinds, skips, thumber skips, grenades, skipping scoobys ect.

Thrashed putter: FH Rollers, Thumb rollers, hyzerflip flicks, air bounces, fh anhyzers, floaty runs, pancakes, tomo-putts...

and then the Z comet for straight as an arrow scoobies. Nothing slides upside down better than a domey Z comet.

Firebird or Gator when I want to get around stuff (sidearm or backhand). A lot of my escape sidearms (that I want to really gamble and make a bid to save par) are done with a C-PD where I flick hard and pray (and sometimes the DG Gods are gracious).

runningDoc, I too have a Gator, actually 2, Star and a Champ Metal Flake, but it just seems that every jam, I go for the Lime Star Firebird. I have used the Gators to roll when I'm stuck in a thicket of trees, trying to get back on the fairway.

Latest posts