• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your most embarrasing disc golf moment ever?

I guess mine would've been more embarrassing if it hadn't been a solo round...

I was playing a really decent round and about to putt for my 3rd consecutive deuce on #11. There I was, putter in hand, about 20' away so really focused on nabbing this bird...lined it up, got ready, and...all of a sudden I had to take the biggest s**t in my life! No warning, wasn't holding anything in beforehand until after the round...just BOOM! My body telling me, "You gotta crap NOW, buddy!"

Disheartened, I quickly stuffed my putter in my bag, waddled up a steep hill to the parking lot, and sped home for a different kind of deuce.

The most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me was a little different. I was TDing a B tier and we had an OK payout, not great but not terrible. It was all and all pretty average. We had some added cash, so the payout was over 100%. The guy who won Advanced got over $200.00 worth of merch, and when he walked up to accept he screamed at me that the payout was pathetic and I was ripping everybody off and asked me how much I was pocketing for the weekend. I actually had donated 25 discs to the event and had about a hundred dollars in expenses that I didn't charge to the event, so I was out close to $400.00 for the event. But hey, I was just the TD that had donated my time and money to make things happen. Why not call me a thief in front of 100 people?

BTW, that was almost 10 years ago. It was the last PDGA event I ever ran.

The most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me was a little different. I was TDing a B tier and we had an OK payout, not great but not terrible. It was all and all pretty average. We had some added cash, so the payout was over 100%. The guy who won Advanced got over $200.00 worth of merch, and when he walked up to accept he screamed at me that the payout was pathetic and I was ripping everybody off and asked me how much I was pocketing for the weekend. I actually had donated 25 discs to the event and had about a hundred dollars in expenses that I didn't charge to the event, so I was out close to $400.00 for the event. But hey, I was just the TD that had donated my time and money to make things happen. Why not call me a thief in front of 100 people?

BTW, that was almost 10 years ago. It was the last PDGA event I ever ran.

Thanks for deterring me from ever running an event other than an Ace Race! :)

Not really embarrassed about it, but I was just messing around, let out a yell, hit a tree and ended up behind the tee pad. It was kinda funny actually.

Thanks for deterring me from ever running an event other than an Ace Race! :)
Nah, I ran leagues and something like 50 local tournaments. We used to have a good time. Locally I had a good reputation, people respected what I did and didn't give me a ton of grief. I've run local stuff since then and it's all good.

It was just the PDGA events I hated running. It seemed like no matter how much of a prize purse you had, it wasn't enough. Something about the words "PDGA Sanctioned" seemed to bring out the greedy bastard in all the players at the events I ran. It was no fun, so I don't do it anymore.

Not really embarrassed about it, but I was just messing around, let out a yell, hit a tree and ended up behind the tee pad. It was kinda funny actually.
I messed up a shot with an Aviar once. It was a long time ago, I was really new. I was on a slope with my throwing shoulder lower than my off shoulder, and I didn't adjust my arm angle. I also slipped when I threw. It was the biggest anny bomb you ever did see. It kept turning...and turning... and turning...there was a ton of trees there, it never touched a one of them. The ground was sloped away from the throw, so it keeps turning and there is no ground there for it to land on. It finally touched down about 50' to the right of me...and 100' behind me! It had been in the air forever. I remember thinking that if it had been airborne that long in a straight line it would have easily been the longest throw of my life.

There was no wind, no excuse. Just a really, really bad throw. That had to have happened 16 years ago. You know it was really bad when you remember it 16 years later.

I am brand new to the sport. I play every day now, so there has been some improvement since the embarrassment from a month or so ago. My friend Kate and I were just shooting around at non-occupied holes, not really sticking to the course, but just practicing. We started to shoot a pretty easy 180 foot hole that has a cluster of trees between the box and the basket. As we put our bags down, a group of experienced players sits down on the bench directly behind the tee box. I decided to try to drive under the trees instead of around them. I threw a couple feet too high, and the disk got stuck in the tree 30 yards from the tee box and about 20 feet up. So, with everyone watching, I had to get a big limb that was laying on the ground and throw it spear style at the disc until it finally came down.

I am brand new to the sport. I play every day now, so there has been some improvement since the embarrassment from a month or so ago. My friend Kate and I were just shooting around at non-occupied holes, not really sticking to the course, but just practicing. We started to shoot a pretty easy 180 foot hole that has a cluster of trees between the box and the basket. As we put our bags down, a group of experienced players sits down on the bench directly behind the tee box. I decided to try to drive under the trees instead of around them. I threw a couple feet too high, and the disk got stuck in the tree 30 yards from the tee box and about 20 feet up. So, with everyone watching, I had to get a big limb that was laying on the ground and throw it spear style at the disc until it finally came down.

lol everyone has been there done that...hell thats why I carry a tape measure around with me now so I can try and poke it with that!...I don't get discs stuck in trees to much anymore though...try to stick to the fairways :D

Mine was when a group of three drunken middle aged men came up behind me laughing and said, hey dude i'll give you fifty bucks if you ace this hole

I got excited because i had hit the basket on this hole like three or four times before but never gotten an ace

I reached into my bag and grabbed the first disc my fingers touched, which just so happened to be a 165 DX sidewinder, and i threw it into a 20 mph headwind, to make a long story short it ended up turning over and went out of sight over some tree's, i walked back to my truck embaressed and mad about loosing a disc, on my way home i got a call from someone

Caller: Hey we found your disc
Me: Great where was it?
Caller: Well i don't know how it got here but across the street from the course in our apartment buildings parking lot...

Not me but my buddy, on the I think 8th hole at Oakwood in MN, he was walking across the little bridge, hadn't rained in a few days, the ground was dry, and he slipped somehow and landed directly on his ass. Was funny to me, and even funnier to the group of guys who just told us to play through.

Best part, he got up and shook it off, both of us ended up deucing the hole that day I think.

2nd one, up at Giants ridge, same buddy, throwing a drive on I forget which hole (was a couple years ago) gentle downhill, not real long, but after the basket there is a huge drop-off. he tossed a Champ Orc pretty soft, was looking really good, skimmed just over the top of the basket, and just kept going. must have gone about 1000' into the waist high unmowed grass at the bottom of the hill, he never found that disc.