• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zee Swedish

HyzerUniBomber

* Ace Member *

Aka the Feldy. Aka the Feldbeard.

Pretty sweet to get some good results out of my first day of messing with it. Feels like the kind of throw that you better have a hit worked out before you try to mess with, because the timing is a bit... I don't want to say weird, but different.

Minimal elbow bend kind of screwed up my balance a bit, but it was really easy to throw a putter 300' right outta the gate, and it was windy left to right.

Seems to lend itself to hyzers easier.

I'm sorry HUB, but I'm just not seeing the Feldberg in your throws in that video. They really just look like hyzers to me. Looks to me like you're still just about at the right pec position, maybe a smidge lower. "The Feldberg" is around waist level, quite a bit lower then yours.

Not staying closed enough through weight shift from behind you. Your shoulder pops up/open as you stand up when you should be compressing still with forward tilt.

I went with trying to keep the arm straighter, which it was straighter than my typical, but no where near Feldberg level. Also tried his arm pump.

It's certainly no where close to a real "Swedish" but I may dabble in trying to see what it's all about.

Immediate results where good, but like I said, threw my balance outta whack.

Its winter... What else I got to do?!

A little bit on minimal form, using the hit and some more Swedish. Sideview this time.

It's hard to keep that arm straighter!

Quite a few putters to 300 with it, just fun to mess with.

I swear to you guys, they come out onto those patios and watch sometimes. Had one old dude come down to chat about, he was retired so he didn't have a full social calendar.

2 days ago a couple teenagers were video taping me while barely controlling their laughter.

Yesterday 2 kids (about 7 years old) ran out of nowhere to "catch" a high hyzer that was crashing down. Kid ran exactly at the disc as it came down and I was thinking, "so this is how it ends, I go to jail for hitting a kid with a mid-range"... luckily she had bad depth perception and missed it by 5 feet. And it was like she appeared out of one of those ground floor apartments and just bolted for it.

I don't get it. What is the "Swedish style"?

Otherwise known as "lever-arm", it's a throwing technique utilizing a lot of back (and latissimus dorsi) motion, with a fairly rigid elbow. My favorite thrower of this style is Linus Astrom:

Skip to ~1:40 for his first throw.

I don't get it. What is the "Swedish style"?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2666856&postcount=6

dave.gif

We've been calling the Ekstrom / Feldberg throw the swedish style.

Cool, HUB! Yeah, it is so hard to find an ideal place to throw - either too many people, not enough land, water, too muddy, windows, grass not trimmed enough, etc. Baseball or soccer/football fields are the best but can be tough to get to yourself or to access.
Anyway, I enjoy your videos. Thanks for sharing them w our community!

That parking lot looks like a good place to break in new plastic ;)

That parking lot looks like a good place to break in new plastic ;)

The price for easy to find discs is they cycle quickly!

So a little more messing around, and I would warn anybody who is prone to neck problems (like me) to take it easy. Bringing the arm through straighter seems to require some tightness in the arm muscle, which transfers into my neck. Pulling through with tight muscles is bad news.