• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flatpad teepads

There was a Pro Tour tournament a few weeks ago that had something like these, but I'm pretty sure they weren't these. I believe the company was one of the sponsors for the tournament as the announcers mentioned the company. The pads were some type of astroturf. (I should have paid closer attention)

Our latest model has been developed based on user feedback, with the goal of achieving a lower price point. The new model essentially shares the same base construction as the previous Flat lineup but incorporates upgraded module structures. We have introduced composite steel modules, which provide increased stiffness, along with improved materials and production methods, enabling us to reduce the overall cost. Additionally, the installation process has been further streamlined, ensuring an even smoother experience.

We have recently expanded our offerings to include branded teepads in collaboration with our course building partner. The teepad featured in the picture is the Ace Flatpad, specifically created for our partner, with customized turf colors to meet their preferences. Here, you can also notice the advertisement affixed to the side of the teepad. These advertisements are magnetically attached, allowing for quick and easy installation, specifically designed for short-term use.

Attachments

• AceFlatpad_1500pix.jpg
    AceFlatpad_1500pix.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 57
We have introduced composite steel modules, which provide increased stiffness, along with improved materials and production methods, enabling us to reduce the overall cost.

What is the current cost?

The final pricing for each new model variation is yet to be determined. We are currently collaborating with our partner, who plays a significant role in marketing their own branded teepads. Rest assured, our pricing will be competitive and lower than the Flat lineup. We will be introducing our version with an upgraded module structure later this summer, and the pricing will be aligned to match our partner's perspective. Thank you for your understanding.

Rest assured, our pricing will be competitive . . .

This statement does make me curious. What/who will your pricing be competitive with? Are there other, modular and portable tee pads out there? Are you planning on becomeing more competitive with concrete or turf?

Our pricing is highly competitive when considering the overall costs of building a teepad. We prioritize ease of installation, making it quick and efficient. What sets us apart is that Flatpad is the only factory manufactured teepad available in the market. This means you can trust in the quality and consistency of our product.

Our pricing is highly competitive when considering the overall costs of building a teepad. We prioritize ease of installation, making it quick and efficient. What sets us apart is that Flatpad is the only factory manufactured teepad available in the market. This means you can trust in the quality and consistency of our product.

I know I shouldn't pile on, but I can't resist. That last sentence absolutely does not follow from the one preceding it. Competition would incentivize you to maintain high quality so as not to give your competitors an edge. When you're the only game in town, you don't have that pressure.

"when considering the overall costs of building a teepad" - are you also figuring labor costs? I'd wager +90% of them are built by volunteers or maintenance people that are paid the same no matter what they are doing.

I know I shouldn't pile on, but I can't resist. That last sentence absolutely does not follow from the one preceding it. Competition would incentivize you to maintain high quality so as not to give your competitors an edge. When you're the only game in town, you don't have that pressure.

Thank you for your comment. We want to assure you that at Flatpad, we are committed to adhering to all applicable standards and regulations set forth by the law. We take compliance seriously and prioritize the safety and satisfaction of our customers.

As the only factory manufactured teepad available in the market, we understand the responsibility that comes with providing a product that meets industry standards. Our teepads are designed and manufactured with meticulous attention to detail, ensuring that they meet or exceed the required specifications.

"when considering the overall costs of building a teepad" - are you also figuring labor costs? I'd wager +90% of them are built by volunteers or maintenance people that are paid the same no matter what they are doing.

Thank you for your comment and raising an important point. When we mention the overall costs of building a teepad, we do take into account various factors, including labor costs. While it is true that many teepads are built by volunteers or maintenance personnel, it's essential to consider the value of their time and expertise.

Volunteers and maintenance personnel may be engaged in various tasks within a disc golf course or facility, and their time and effort are valuable resources. By providing a factory manufactured teepad like Flatpad, we aim to streamline the installation process, reducing the labor required and making it more efficient.

Furthermore, the durability and longevity of our teepads help minimize ongoing maintenance costs. With a reliable and professionally constructed teepad, the need for frequent repairs or replacements is significantly reduced, saving both time and money in the long run.

While it's true that labor costs may vary depending on the circumstances, we believe that considering the overall costs includes evaluating the value of time, effort, and expertise involved in teepad construction. Our goal at Flatpad is to provide a high-quality, cost-effective solution that simplifies the installation process and delivers long-term value to disc golf courses and players.

yeah, kinda weird how it seems marketed at players ("elevate your game ... take your skills to the new heights"). what players are buying teepads?
*raises hand* I'm doing a tee to throw into my nets.

But I'm not gonna do turf... I'd rather put in something concrete and design it to be something a future homeowner could look at as a patio space.

*raises hand* I'm doing a tee to throw into my nets.

But I'm not gonna do turf... I'd rather put in something concrete and design it to be something a future homeowner could look at as a patio space.

I actually want to put in at least 2 pads in my backyard, but there are at least 20 things higher on the home repair/improvement list. Odds are any major improvements to the backyard course will still be near the bottom of the list when we sell the place.

I actually want to put in at least 2 pads in my backyard, but there are at least 20 things higher on the home repair/improvement list. Odds are any major improvements to the backyard course will still be near the bottom of the list when we sell the place.
Thats how I feel about the expansion/lot purchase that would give me about 250' from corner to corner... If I get that bought one day I'll be putting in a pair running back and forth on the longest diagonal. But even if I we stay here a few decades it may not get done enough for that to happen. For now just the tee into the nets.

Our smallest product, the Ace Fun teepad, is something you might want to consider for home use. Here's why:

Perfect for Home Installations: With dimensions of 2m x 1m (6.5ft x 3.3ft), the Ace Fun teepad is compact and ideal for setting up in your backyard or garden.

Adjustable and Versatile: The teepad's adjustable legs ensure a stable and level surface, even on tilted terrain. It can be easily set up on various surfaces, providing flexibility in course layouts and drop zone areas.

Lightweight and Portable: Designed to be easily moved, the Ace Fun teepad can be positioned wherever you need it. Plus, it can be stored upright to save space when not in use.

Quick and Easy Setup: The Ace Fun teepad comes pre-built and ready for immediate installation, so you can start enjoying your disc golf sessions in no time.

Durable and Weather-Resistant: Built with high-quality materials, the Ace Fun teepad is designed to withstand the elements and provide long-lasting performance. It's built to handle repeated use and ensure a reliable playing surface.

Attachments

• Ace_Fun.jpg
    Ace_Fun.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 26
Ace Fun teepad installed on the fairway.

Attachments

• Ace_Fun2.jpg
    Ace_Fun2.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Ace_Fun3.jpg
    Ace_Fun3.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 28
Out of curiosity, how do they play in the rain?

We built a wood deck, and topped it with turf for a tee. Because the deck was level, there was no drainage off the tee or through the bottom, and the turf held water like an elevated everglades. It tended to be very slick until drying out.

Our solution was to get some really deep-pile turf. It solved the slickness, but we'll see how it wears.

I'd think turf on a metal base would be, if anything, more susceptible to this.

That's a great point! To further enhance the performance of the turf on the Flatpad teepads, we recommend adding approximately 20 mm (0.8 inches) of sand on top of the turf. This sand layer significantly improves traction and grip, especially when the teepad is wet. It creates a textured surface that helps prevent the turf from becoming slippery, even during rainy conditions.

The elevated design of the Flatpad teepads also contributes to their quick drying capabilities. With proper drainage and airflow underneath the teepads, water dissipates rapidly, allowing the turf to dry out efficiently. Additionally, if you anticipate heavy rain in your area, the teepads can be installed slightly tilted, facilitating faster water runoff and ensuring optimal playing conditions.

By incorporating these measures, such as sanding the turf and adjusting the teepads' angle if necessary, you can maximize the performance and safety of the Flatpad teepads, even in challenging weather conditions.