• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flatpad teepads

You don't know disc golf very well, do you? :p

Heck....FlatPad doesn't know thieves very well. Baskets stolen from disc golf courses, catalytic converters stolen from cars/trucks, anything that might have value at a scrapyard. Wouldn't really take much to steal one of those Flatpad tee pads. One battery powered Sawzall is all it takes.

And don't even need to steal the whole thing....just cut up enough to carry away and the tee pad is now worthless.

Yeah, $21k is way too high of a priced point for 18 uninstalled tee pads.

I think David made the point really well already, but this is a niche product within an already niche market. I'm sure there's somebody out there who would look at the Flatpads and say this was exactly what they've been looking for and be fine with the price. I don't expect there are enough of those folks out there to make it a viable product, but who knows. It's a big world.

It's a large and varied world. I suppose there could be a few people somewhere, who find something like this worthwhile. Not public parks or shoestring private courses, but someone with plenty of cash, for whom portability and minimal labor needs are worth the price.

I don't know any of these people, but they must exist somewhere.

You're sort of describing me. I've got a course at my house, but for aesthetic reasons I'm not all that interested in tearing up the grass to either make or pour teepads. I've got a UTV and a tractor, and I've got a trailer. Most rounds are just me and whoever is playing with me (sometimes big groups, but we just play mob golf if so), not multiple groups. I've toyed with the idea of building/buying a teepad that I can just put on the trailer and then drive to each location to tee off as we go (we've almost always got someone who is there to watch who drives the UTV anyways).

But then we get to cost, and I could just build this myself for a fraction of the cost. I wouldn't want to build a dozen of them...but once you're looking at buying a dozen, then the actual $ difference is so vast it's not worthwhile either.

The only customer model I can think of is someone who NEEDS the portability. So someone just traveling around with a semi full of pads and baskets making temporary courses each week at random locations. I'm not aware of anyone in that customer profile though.

I'd probably buy the big version for a few hundred bucks to have one...I don't see how any are selling at the current price point though.

I think David made the point really well already, but this is a niche product within an already niche market. I'm sure there's somebody out there who would look at the Flatpads and say this was exactly what they've been looking for and be fine with the price. I don't expect there are enough of those folks out there to make it a viable product, but who knows. It's a big world.

The real problem would seem to be they also need that person to be completely uninformed about alternative options as well though.

You need the billionaire who is so out of touch with reality that when you offer him a convenience store bottle of water for $100, he pays it...because he doesn't realize that 4 feet away there's bottled water on sale for $2.

I could see this as a product if this were for golf. You don't tear up your yard hitting balls, you can't really hit golf balls off concrete, the substrate matters, etc.

So you need someone who wants to spend a lot of money on disc golf, who is completely detached from any knowledge of disc golf and disc golf products.

You're sort of describing me. I've got a course at my house, but for aesthetic reasons I'm not all that interested in tearing up the grass to either make or pour teepads. I've got a UTV and a tractor, and I've got a trailer. Most rounds are just me and whoever is playing with me (sometimes big groups, but we just play mob golf if so), not multiple groups. I've toyed with the idea of building/buying a teepad that I can just put on the trailer and then drive to each location to tee off as we go (we've almost always got someone who is there to watch who drives the UTV anyways).

But then we get to cost, and I could just build this myself for a fraction of the cost. I wouldn't want to build a dozen of them...but once you're looking at buying a dozen, then the actual $ difference is so vast it's not worthwhile either.

The only customer model I can think of is someone who NEEDS the portability. So someone just traveling around with a semi full of pads and baskets making temporary courses each week at random locations. I'm not aware of anyone in that customer profile though.

I'd probably buy the big version for a few hundred bucks to have one...I don't see how any are selling at the current price point though.

But for a teepad you can carry with you from hole to hole....a large piece of astroturf would be most cost effective.

but they're 'moveable'! so worth the extra $1500.

Oops. I just worked with a park owner who poured 39, 5x12 ft. concrete tee pads in one place and then moved them to the final locations with forks attached to the front-end loader on a backhoe. The only tee site prep was leveling but most tee sites were already level so they just set them down on top of the grass. One was put down in the wrong location. They picked it back up and moved it to the correct location - no disassembly was required or accidentally encountered. They filled around the edges with dirt to eliminate the drop-off.

1190 x 18 = 21,420

????

A group of us (5) at my church recently purchased pizza ovens from Italy. Shipping for one oven wouild have been $324, but shipping for combine order, which was sihpped on a pallet, was $612.

Given that it's 300 € shipping for 18 Flatpads, it's possible that shipping cost is either per pallet rather than per item.

A group of us (5) at my church recently purchased pizza ovens from Italy. Shipping for one oven wouild have been $324, but shipping for combine order, which was sihpped on a pallet, was $612.

Given that it's 300 € shipping for 18 Flatpads, it's possible that shipping cost is either per pallet rather than per item.

Ok but the math still doesn't add up because Flatpads web site lists the 4.2 as roughly $1000 - not $866.

I didn't even look closely at the shipping, but $325 for 18 of these from Europe seems too good to be true. We'd be talking multiple skids for sure.

That would have to be the ocean rate, but still seems really low. The company I work for was paying north of $350 per skid shipping full containers from north america to Italy before freight rates went crazy in 2021. Just for the ocean portion and the cost goes up a lot if you're not shipping a full container. I know we're talking about traveling in the other direction, but still.

North American customers do not pay tax to Finland, so the price is lower for them. That's why we have a notice on the site where we say that by adding the products to the shopping cart and updating the address, you will see the correct prices. This is based on the delivery address provided.

The delivery cost also changes according to the given delivery address. Now it is a fixed price depending on the delivery zone. Pricing will be constantly reviewed, but the principle is that by ordering more, the shipping cost per delivered unit is cheaper.

Ok I'll revise my previous statement then. $15k for 18 uninstalled/unassembled tee pads is way too high for my local course. Good luck.

The 2nd link worked for me earlier, isn't now :confused:

Either way, it was just some marketing pap about the product making people better at disc golf, or something

yeah, kinda weird how it seems marketed at players ("elevate your game ... take your skills to the new heights"). what players are buying teepads?