• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fluke's bag

attachment.php

I haven't ever seen Indian Pipe that was pink.

I haven't either but the google says they can sometimes even be deep red. I have always called it Ghost Pipe. (and for Brian- it is a plant not a shroom)

(and for Brian- it is a plant not a shroom)

Interesting, I'm no herbologist but I saw quite a few of these on the trail last year and always assumed they were a fungi of some kind. Looks like it has unknown toxicity, but maybe some anti-anxiety effects and tastes like asparagus when cooked.

Interesting, I'm no herbologist but I saw quite a few of these on the trail last year and always assumed they were a fungi of some kind. Looks like it has unknown toxicity, but maybe some anti-anxiety effects and tastes like asparagus when cooked.

They're one of the rare non-photosynthetic plants around here. I, like Biscoe, googled and saw that it does appear in pink and also almost reddish hues. I had only seen it nearly pure white before yesterday. I'm sure more will be popping up soon. I have heard of it's use in tinctures but I don't know for what treatments.

Rockland reds with the boy again.

3,3,3,3,3,2,3,2,3,2,2,3,2,3,5,3,3,3=51

175 Sirius Omega
150 Sirius Omega
170 Sirius Omega
170 Gstar Wraith
180 Star Mako3
167 Star Barsby Roadrunner
168 Gstar Thunderbird
168 Champ Thunderbird
175 Champ TL3
168 Qmega
175 Recon Mortar
168 Star Mako3

Man, I was feeling great about this round. I was on pace to put up a round in the 40's but I took a 5 on hole 15. What a letdown that was. The Gstar Thunderbird is pretty much identical in stability to my seasoned Champ. I should be able to work it into a more understable counterpart to the Champ with a little more play.

Highlights:

Three on hole 7. Champ Thunderbird forehand, Champ TL3 forehand buzzing the tower. 25 foot comeback putt with Red.

Absolutely parked hole 11 with a Gstar Thunderbird forehand.

Fluke and Bean play Rockland… Again…

Bean and I played Rockland reds today. We finished before the thunderstorms that are supposed to show up. We did get a shower starting as I putted out on 17. It was a good round.

3,3,3,3,2,2,4,1,2,2,3,3,3,3,3,3,2,3=48

I threw:
175g Sirius Omega
150g Sirius Omega
170g Sirius Omega
163g Star Wraith
180g Star Mako3
167g Barsby Star Roadrunner
168g Gstar Thunderbird
168g Champ Thunderbird
175g Champ TL3
168g Qmega
170g Gstar Wraith
175g Recon Mortar
175g Gstar TL3

Highlights:
I finally shot a round in the 40's again!

Deuce on hole 5 with the Gstar Thunderbird and a nice putt.

The ace on hole 8! Little Magic perfectly pure. I got on my tippy toes hoping to see it as I asked Bean, "is this the one boy?" I couldn't see it but it was the one. My first on hole 8 after 8 years and hundreds of rounds.

The chain out from 120' or so on hole 12 with Little Magic. Settled for a drop in 3.

The scramble from kind of short right on hole 15. Backhand flex with the Gstar Thunderbird splitting the guardian trees to 2' from the pin.

The takeaway:
The Barsby Roadrunner is working fine. The other roadrunner is back in the reserves replaced with the Gstar Thunderbird. I'm really liking this Thunderbird. I can manipulate it pretty much however I want. I'm probably dropping the Teebird and replacing it with a really seasoned Gstar TL3. I should post a full bag update again. I might be playing the Monster tomorrow.

8 is a fun get, blind aces are always fun. I think, I've never gotten one myself haha. Dipping to 48 at Rockland is en fuego!

It's kind of strange. 48 is 2 off my personal best and course record but while shooting it I didn't feel anything special. I was executing like I wanted. I was playing how I expect to all the time. Which is good.

Bean and I played the Monster B pins today. I did not get an ace but I did get a 2. I forgot to stick the Gstar Thunderbird back in the bag so I didn't have the pleasure of throwing it today. The beat Gstar TL3 went in and the Teebird came out. The TL3 got rolled a few times today. I throw a lot of rollers out there.

4,4,4,4,4,4,3,2,4,5,4,6,3,4,3,3,3,4=68

I started off flat. Six 4's in a row is not great. A 6 on hole 12 is pretty bad. It should be an easy 4 if you keep the disc in bounds. I did not. I almost got the 3 on hole 18. I missed the putt off the lip of the basket from 35'. Lame.

Highlight:
Deuced hole 8 with my flippy Star Mako3 and a good putt with Red. Since hole 17 changed it seems like hole 8 is my good chance for a 2 on the course. I have only taken 2's on hole 7 (once), hole 8 and old hole 17.

I played an after work round with Bean. Rockland reds, surprise, surprise.

2,3,3,4,2,3,3,3,3,2,3,3,3,3,4,4,3,3=54

175g Sirius Omega
170g Sirius Omega
163g Star Wraith
150g Sirius Omega
180g Star Mako3
167g Barsby Roadrunner
175g Gstar TL3
168g Champ Thunderbird
168g Qmega
168g Gstar Thunderbird
175g Champ TL3
170g Gstar Wraith
175g Recon Mortar

Highlights:
Hole 1. Blue Omega anhyzer to 60'. Red with the jumper.

Hole 7. Forehand Champ Thunderbird to just left of the landing zone. Forehand Champ Thunderbird to 30' short. Red cashes in.

Bean and I played the Monster Mash layout on Tuesday. That was A pins on one and six. I've said it before, this course is tough. If you don't execute off the tee you are going to have to work for your pars and bogeys. The course is punishing but fantastic.

4,3,4,4,4,3,4,3,4,5,4,4,3,5,4,3,2,3=66
33 on the front, 33 on the back.

170 Gstar Wraith
175 Gstar TL3 (the stable one)
150 Sirius Omega (Little Magic number 3)
170 Sirius Omega (Red)
175 Gstar TL3 (the flippy one)
168 Champ Thunderbird
175 Champ TL3
175 Champ Roc3
175 Sirius Omega (ol' blue)
168 Gstar Thunderbird
168 Star Mako3
163 Star Wraith
167 Star Roadrunner
175 Recon Mortar

I need to get 3's on holes 4 and 15. They are the easiest par fours on the course. I need to get the 3 on hole 5. It's the dumbest par 3 on the course. The Gstar Wraith gets a lot of airtime and rolling time on this course. I'm getting a little pop back with the Wraiths. I've still got 400' when I get it right. The Gstar Thunderbird is actually more overstable than the Champ. It's a little domey for my taste but it flies nice.

Highlights:
I got my first 2 on hole 17. 342' uphill. I smashed the 163 wraith to 9' from the pin. It felt good.

I got my first 3 on hole 18. Gstar wraith to barely out the gap and right>Gstar wraith 40' right of the pin>Red cashed the putt. I raised my hands in celebration. Bean was indifferent.

Nice stuff man.

I like the Thunderbird too. I use mine mainly in the woods for shots that go left. For me they hold the line like my Teebird does,but goes just a little farther. If I hit a tree with my Thunderbird or Teebird it's usually my fault. Lol

Bean and I played the Monster Mash layout at Limestone Ledges on Sunday and again today. I ran out of DEET so I didn't play what I lovingly refer to as Rockland Park Disc Golf Course and Tick Preserve.

Both rounds I played pretty well. I definitely had a few hiccups but at 9000 or so feet and par 65 it's hard not to make mistakes. The recon mortar played a bigger role than it usually does. I'm getting some good distance with my 163g Star Wraith. The 170g Gstar Wraith is also flying and rolling well.

The scores:

Sunday:
4,3,3,4,3,3,3,3,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,3,4=65
I took a four on hole 10 (1040' slightly uphill par 5). It's about damn time!

Monday:
3,3,3,3,3,3,4,3,4,5,4,4,3,5,3,3,3,4=63
I was one off my best on the front nine. I ran too hard for the deuce on hole 7 and biffed the comeback to take a 4. Missed putts off the band on: hole 10 from circles edge and settled for par, hole 14 from the woods beyond the basket and bogeyed, and hole 18 from pin high 45' right and took a par.

The full bag setup:

Omegas:
150g Sirius Omega 1.1 aka Little Magic v3
170g Sirius Omega 1.1 aka Red
175g Sirius Omega 1.2 aka ol' blue
168g Qmega

Midrange:
175g Recon Mortar
175g Champ Roc3
168g Star Mako3
180g Star Mako3

Fairways:
175g Gstar TL3 (pretty beat)
175g Gstar TL3 (not as beat)
175g Champ TL3
167g Star Roadrunner
168g Gstar Thunderbird
168g Champ Thunderbird
175g Luster Draco

Distance:
170g Gstar Wraith
163g Star Wraith
175g Halo Wraith

If anyone wonders how I use any of these or why, feel free to ask.

I bought some DEET this evening so I'll probably be playing Rockland tomorrow. Bean will be happy about that.

I can find 15% picaridin and 40% DEET around here. I've used both. Neither are 100% effective.

So Bean and I hit Rockland reds today. My old girl is THICCC! I feel pretty spoiled having Rockland and Limestone Ledges as my two home courses. The diversity of challenges presented by them is pretty remarkable.

The score:
3,3,2,3,3,2,5,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,2,3=53

Thrown discs:
Ol' Blue
Little Magic V3
Red
163 Star Wraith
180 Star Mako3 (thanks Brian)
167 Star Roadrunner
168 Gstar Thunderbird
168 Champ Thunderbird
175 Champ TL3
168 Qmega
170 Gstar Wraith
175 Recon Mortar
175 Quantum Draco

Little Magic number 3 needs some love to develop its Magic potential. I forget how stable these babies are when they're new. They'll flex out of slight anhyzers or hold a really nice hyzer line too. They really shine when I rip 'em hard. They fly straaaaaaight as can be! Little Magic V2 and V1 each lasted about 2 years in the bag. Now those 2 are hyzer-flip and late turn heroes. They fly straight and hyzer as well but require some finesse. I may pull ol' blue out and stick Little Magic 1 or 2 back in the bag. Little Magic 3 would take Blue's slot. I need some of that finesse late turn action. Solely since I'm raving about it, all of today's highlights will feature Little Magic 3…

The highlights:
Hit the cage from 100' on hole 1.
Skipped off the top of the basket from 100' on hole 2 twice on the same throw and then didn't roll away.
50' straddle putt from the briars right on hole 3.
Pinned the upshots on 4 and 5.
Parked hole 6.
Piped the final approach on 7 after hacking my way to get there.
Hit the cage from 80' on 11.
Buzzed the tower on 12 from 120'
Ran it 20' past hole 15 for the eagle from 175'. Settled for the bird.
Right side chain-out from 70' on 18.

Man I love that disc. I have quite a few backups which is nice. I bought all that I could over the last several years.

Anyone make it over from the "this place used to be fun" thread? I tried advertising to bring in some more Superfans.

I played Rockland reds after work with Bean. It's been said before, the rough is ROUGH! The fairways are narrow. You won't avoid the briars. You will bleed. Anyway, I had a fun round! I didn't add a disc to my found disc bag but there is always another chance.

The score:
3,3,2,4,4,3,5,2,2,2,3,3,2,3,3,3,3,3=52

The discs:
Ol' Blue
Little Magic
163 Star Wraith
180 Star Mako3
167 Star Roadrunner
175 Gstar TL3
Red
168 Gstar Thunderbird
175 Recon Mortar
168 Champ Thunderbird
168 Qmega
175 Champ TL3
170 Gstar Wraith

Putting with the Phi during my found disc round threw off my putt today and my last round. I dialed the Phi for my found disc round but it took a bit more hyzer release. If Superwookie is still looking for a high glide putter he should try the Phi. I missed at least 3 putts chaining out right side today because I was putting Red like the Phi. I gotta give the Omega more pop and less hyzer. I still made some good putts: hole 3 from the briars 30' right and deep, hole 8 from the briars left and deep and hole 10 from the briars right, deep and uphill. Notice a theme?

I may hit Limestone Ledges tomorrow. It's supposed to be a lot cooler and I need a different sort of punishment.

Bean and I made it out to Limestone today. I opted against my usual masochism for once. I didn't play the Monster. I decided I wanted to get more reps with my putter so I played the Lower Forest white tees to B pins and then the Upper Meadows blue tees to B pins. It was my first time playing both courses with all the tees in. Neither course matches the Monster in difficulty or strategy. They are both par 54 so all the holes are par 3's.

Lower Forest:
3,3,3,2,2,2,2,3,2,2,3,2,2,2,3,3,3,3=45

Upper Meadows:
2,4,3,3,4,3,3,3,3,2,3,3,3,2,2,3,2,2=50

The only discs I didn't throw were my Draco and my flippy Gstar TL3.

Bro is this just your personal disc golf blog?

I love it.

Last day off, last round until Sunday at least. Bean and I went to Rockland and played the reds. I saw a baby fox near the basket of hole 18 when we pulled in. I'll post the pic tomorrow. The spotted lantern flies are showing up more. I squished as many as I could.

I played pretty well. My putting with the Omega is getting back to normal after my rounds yesterday. Limestone has discatchers, Rockland has Mach III's. Discatchers are much more forgiving.

The score:
2,3,3,3,3,2,5,2,2,2,3,4,2,2,3,4,2,3=50

Thrown discs:
Ol' Blue
Little Magic
163 Star Wraith
Red
180 Star Mako3
167 Star Roadrunner
168 Gstar Thunderbird
168 Champ Thunderbird
175 Gstar TL3 (the flippy one)
168 Qmega
175 Champ TL3
170 Gstar Wraith
175 Recon Mortar
175 Draco

The highlights:
The deuce on hole one. I love getting the 2 here. It doesn't happen very often. It will definitely get you a stroke on the field, maybe even 2 strokes. I played a conservative anhyzer with Ol' Blue to get to the bottom of the hill in the open. The rough is rough. Even the fairways are rough, lol! It seems Little Magic version 3 has picked up the magic it needed. I threw it in from 120' dead straight, dead center for the 2.

Deuced hole 14. It's another good get. I piped the Gstar Wraith hyzer flip forehand to 6'.

Latest posts