• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fluke's bag

Physical decline with age sucks.

Today's lesson:
Listen to your body because your mind is a freaking idiot!

Definitely get more difficult. If I always listen to my body I wouldn't play much.

Nice see you and thanks for returning my disc. (y)

I had one stroke lead for 3rd place over Mike Miller going into the last whole Lower #18. He shanked his drive, had a decent upshot and can a 75+ foot throw in for par. I had a good drive and upshot for a 15 foot putt. Fluffed my putt and afterwards we both looked at each other, hmmm that probably meant something, we didn't know the scores going into the last whole.

Not to worry Superfans, my back is healed. Now I'm dealing with tennis elbow. Did you know that playing guitar is a cause of tennis elbow especially in the fretting arm? I did not but now I do. Yes I'm a weirdo. I'm a lefty but play guitar right handed.

I played the hangover classic at Sherando on New Year's Day. My elbow was hurting pretty good. I did manage to shoot a 57 for 20 holes and ended 2023 tag season with the #15. I had to hang up the discs for about a month after that.

About a week and a half ago I decided enough was enough and Bean and I played Rockland reds. The time off seems to have helped. It's not as much fun not playing but you gotta do what you gotta do.

The scores:
2,3,3,3,3,3,3,2,2,2,3,3,3,2,3,3,3,3=48

The highlights:
Deuces on hole 1 and 14 and a 3 on 7.

Bean and I got out to Sherando today for 20 holes. We got to play with Sam which was cool. I played pretty well and my elbow is holding up. I did miss a couple putts but can't really complain.

The score:
3,2,2,3,2,2,2,2,3,3,2,3,2,3,2,2,2,3,3,3=49

Highlights:
Deuces on 7 and 8. Hole 8 was a throw in from about 100' with Little Magic. I also parked hole 16 with a TL3.

The bag:
IMG_0138.jpeg
From left to right:
Omega AP run 1.15 - 175g
Sirius Omega 1.1 - 150g (Little Magic)
Sirius Omega 1.2 - 175g
Quantum Omega - 168g
Star Mako3 - 171g
Star Mako3 - 174g
Swirly Star Roc3 - 180g
FrontlineX Mortar - 175g
Gstar TL3 - 175g
Star TL3 - 175g
Champ glow Teebird - 175g (Cal mold)
Star Roadrunner - 167g
Champ Thunderbird - 175g?
Star Thunderbird - 168g
Luster Draco 1.1 - 175g
Halo Mystere - 168g
Star Wraith - 163g
Halo Wraith - 175g

Bean and I played Rockland blues today. I'm trying to take it easy on my elbow but it's tough convincing myself not to play when the weather is nice. I had a pretty nice round going until I blew it on hole 18. Lame.

The scores:
3,3,3,4,4,3,4,2,2,3,3,4,2,4,4,3,3,6=60

The discs:
171 Star mako3
180 Star roc3
175 Omega AP
175 Star TL3
Little Magic
174 Star Mako3
175 Gstar TL3
175 Sirius Omega
175 FrontlineX Mortar
167 Star Roadrunner
??? Champ thunderbird
175 Champ glow Teebird
168 Halo Mystere

I could make a bag out of the discs you throw, just at lighter weights for drivers.

Does FH, BH, or both aggravate your elbow?

I could make a bag out of the discs you throw, just at lighter weights for drivers.

Does FH, BH, or both aggravate your elbow?
I don't think it's throwing that aggravates my elbow. It's just that when it's aggravated throwing hurts forehand or backhand. Hell, 12 ounce PBR curls are painful then too.

I'm pretty sure it is playing guitar that is causing the tennis elbow but I'm not going to quit. Same with disc golf.

Well it was mid 50's, sunny and rather breezy today. Bean and I played 20 hole at Sherando. We had no special guest appearances.

The scores:
2,3,2,2,2,2,3,3,2,3,3,2,2,3,2,3,2,3,3,3=50

The discs:
Champ thunderbird
175 Omega AP
175 Star TL3
Little Magic
168 Qmega
175 Sirius Omega
175 FrontlineX Mortar
163 Star Wraith
168 Halo Mystere
167 Star Roadrunner
175 Champ glow Teebird
174 Star Mako3

I don't think it's throwing that aggravates my elbow. It's just that when it's aggravated throwing hurts forehand or backhand. Hell, 12 ounce PBR curls are painful then too.

I'm pretty sure it is playing guitar that is causing the tennis elbow but I'm not going to quit. Same with disc golf.

Have you consider trying an elbow brace? When mine has acted up I've worn one in the past. It doesn't help a lot but help make sure one doesn't over extend their elbow.

Nothing special just the ones off the shelve at local sports store or pharmacy.

If You like a Morter, try a Gator in Metal Flake, disc will fly no more then 230--240 for a max power player/pro due to lack of glide. My brother can only get his 210--220 feet.

Have you consider trying an elbow brace? When mine has acted up I've worn one in the past. It doesn't help a lot but help make sure one doesn't over extend their elbow.

Nothing special just the ones off the shelve at local sports store or pharmacy.
I have one but I'm not a fan. It limits my range of motion too much. I can't throw well with it on and it ruins my putting stroke. It also puts too much pressure on my ulnar nerve. I did pick up a compression sleeve which I wore for a round today. It will probably be my new accessory.

Bean and I played a round of Rockland blues today. I shot one off my personal best. I couldn't quite get the birds on a couple par 4's.

The scores:
3,3,3,4,3,2,5,2,3,2,3,3,2,4,4,3,3,3=55

The discs:
171 Star Mako3
175 Sirius Omega
175 Omega AP
168 Star Thunderbird
Little Magic
174 Star Mako3
175 Gstar TL3
Champ Thunderbird
163 Star Wraith
175 FrontlineX Mortar
175 Star TL3
167 Star Roadrunner
180 Swirly Star Roc3
168 Halo Mystere

I have one but I'm not a fan. It limits my range of motion too much. I can't throw well with it on and it ruins my putting stroke. It also puts too much pressure on my ulnar nerve. I did pick up a compression sleeve which I wore for a round today. It will probably be my new accessory.
I would try a more like Ace Compression sleeve wrap where it is a thicker material but not a brace.

Not to worry Superfans, my back is healed. Now I'm dealing with tennis elbow. Did you know that playing guitar is a cause of tennis elbow especially in the fretting arm? I did not but now I do. Yes I'm a weirdo. I'm a lefty but play guitar right handed.

I played the hangover classic at Sherando on New Year's Day. My elbow was hurting pretty good. I did manage to shoot a 57 for 20 holes and ended 2023 tag season with the #15. I had to hang up the discs for about a month after that.

About a week and a half ago I decided enough was enough and Bean and I played Rockland reds. The time off seems to have helped. It's not as much fun not playing but you gotta do what you gotta do.

The scores:
2,3,3,3,3,3,3,2,2,2,3,3,3,2,3,3,3,3=48

The highlights:
Deuces on hole 1 and 14 and a 3 on 7.

Bean and I got out to Sherando today for 20 holes. We got to play with Sam which was cool. I played pretty well and my elbow is holding up. I did miss a couple putts but can't really complain.

The score:
3,2,2,3,2,2,2,2,3,3,2,3,2,3,2,2,2,3,3,3=49

Highlights:
Deuces on 7 and 8. Hole 8 was a throw in from about 100' with Little Magic. I also parked hole 16 with a TL3.

The bag:
View attachment 332400
From left to right:
Omega AP run 1.15 - 175g
Sirius Omega 1.1 - 150g (Little Magic)
Sirius Omega 1.2 - 175g
Quantum Omega - 168g
Star Mako3 - 171g
Star Mako3 - 174g
Swirly Star Roc3 - 180g
FrontlineX Mortar - 175g
Gstar TL3 - 175g
Star TL3 - 175g
Champ glow Teebird - 175g (Cal mold)
Star Roadrunner - 167g
Champ Thunderbird - 175g?
Star Thunderbird - 168g
Luster Draco 1.1 - 175g
Halo Mystere - 168g
Star Wraith - 163g
Halo Wraith - 175g
Remember a Camian is similar to a an oop Mortar if you ever need more of said disc. Plastic of Champion for more beef and a Star for a hair less.

Bean and I played the Rockland blues again today.

The scores:
3,2,3,3,4,3,4,3,3,4,3,3,2,3,3,4,3,4=57

The discs:
171 Star Mako3
175 Sirius Omega
175 Omega AP
168 Star Thunderbird
Little Magic
175 Star Mako3
175 Gstar TL3
175 FrontlineX Mortar
167 Star Roadrunner
175 Star TL3
180 Swirly Star Roc3
168 Halo Mystere

The highlight:
Deucing hole 2 - 168 Star Thunderbird backhand flex to the bottom of the hill a little left. From there it was a laser beam with Little Magic from about 100' out up the 30 degree slope. Smashed dead center and then spun around the bottom of the basket twice.

The weather was beautiful today so Bean and I had to get out and play. I decided to put my elbow to the test and play two rounds. We played Rockland blues than the reds.

First things first: the compression arm sleeve doesn't affect my play so I'm going to keep using it. I had to get the L/XL size. That was a nice boost to my ego. It makes me feel a bit like LeBron. When I play good I can be all, "I'm the GOAT!" If I play bad I can be, "it's ok, I'm old and clearly injured." It's a nice built in excuse. The elbow held up today. We'll see how it feels tomorrow.

The scores:

Blues: 3,4,4,4,3,3,4,2,2,2,3,3,4,3,3,3,4,4=58
It felt way uglier than a 58. Too many 4's early and the two 4's to finish were disappointing.

Reds:
3,3,3,3,2,2,4,2,3,2,3,3,3,3,3,2,3,3=50

Discs I didn't throw(for brevity's sake):
Draco
Halo Wraith

Highlights:
The turkey on holes 8, 9 and 10 from the blues.

I parked hole 5 fifteen feet deep from the short pad. Flexed the 168 Star Thunderbird perfectly.

I deuced hole 16 from the short pad. 167 Star Roadrunner roller to 100'. Little Magic made the spinny hyzer dead center.

Executing on 8-9-10 when you know you should every time still feels so good haha

What line did you take to park 5? I guess it's easier with the right side pretty cleared out?

16's always a good get, still got the juice in that elbow when you need it!

…What line did you take to park 5? I guess it's easier with the right side pretty cleared out?…
I flexed a backhand down the "real" fairway. I have gotten a couple undeserved birdies because of the cleared out right side.

If anyone cares my elbow felt fine yesterday. I should be playing a round on Saturday with Austin. I used to get at least a round a week in with him. It's been too long.

Glad the elbow sleeve is working for you.

How does G* TL3 compare to Star? Do you use the G* as your understable fairway? If so, how long does it take to break in?

Thanks!

Glad the elbow sleeve is working for you.

How does G* TL3 compare to Star? Do you use the G* as your understable fairway? If so, how long does it take to break in?

Thanks!
The Gstar is more understable than Star for sure and yes, I use it as my understable fairway driver. It started out as a hyzer-flip to dead straight flyer. They are quite controllable and can hold hyzer or anhyzer nicely. I also really like them for flip up forehands. They will break in faster than Star but I haven't had one break in to uncontrollably flippy. I also really like it for backhand rollers. My roadrunner typically curls up about 350' max. The TL3 maxes out a bit over 400'. Did I miss anything?

***Breaking News!***

The six original Apple Villians ride again at this year's WVTI!

The Shiley Boiz, Naterade, Lost & illy, Matt Passtheglock and Coolhand team up once more!

I was so excited to hear this that Bean and I went out to play in the rain today. "Why play in the rain?" you might ask: well if history is any guide, we will get rained on in PawPaw so I might as well learn to love it. Just so you know I'm not completely crazy we only played the reds at Rockland.

The scores:
3,3,2,3,3,2,4,3,2,3,2,3,3,3,3,3,2,3=50

The discs:
175 Sirius Omega
Little Magic
175 Omega AP
175 Star TL3
174 Star Mako3
167 Star Roadrunner
175 FrontlineX Mortar
168 Star Thunderbird
168 Qmega