• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs Pharaoh

SD86

Banned
New driver by Infinite/Innova. Infinite lists it at 13,5,-1,2.

Anyone tried it? What's it like?

^Ahh, so Infinite decided to ruin their business too? At least they didn't name it the earwig or something like that.

Those are the Dominator numbers, hope it's not that...

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw those flight numbers. If this thing flies better than the Dominator, it might be a good disc. If it's the Dominator.. :wall:

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw those flight numbers. If this thing flies better than the Dominator, it might be a good disc. If it's the Dominator.. :wall:

I'm pretty meh on the Dominator myself. For me it just flew slow and clunky. Pretty unresponsive disc.

Nothing but glowing reviews at Infinite so far. No mention of Dominator. Compared with Destroyer and Trespass mostly.

Nothing but glowing reviews at Infinite so far. No mention of Dominator. Compared with Destroyer and Trespass mostly.

To be fair, only Infinite Discs team members have thrown/reviewed them. I'll read into the reviews more when there isn't a bias. I am curious to see how these fly though!

It could be the Krait mold. Innova lists the Krait as an 11-speed but it has a 2.3 cm rim (PDGA specs). The Krait is a pretty under-rated mold I would say; never as popular as it deserved. I think part of that was marketing it in the "no man's land" of 11-speed drivers. It's too fast to be a control driver, but most people throwing 11 speeds for max D are happy with Wraiths (and "Krait" is a weird name). And Kraits were never released in Star plastic before.

Anyway, I'll be happy to see a rim profile pic whenever someone has one to take pictures.

It could be the Krait mold. Innova lists the Krait as an 11-speed but it has a 2.3 cm rim (PDGA specs). The Krait is a pretty under-rated mold I would say; never as popular as it deserved. I think part of that was marketing it in the "no man's land" of 11-speed drivers. It's too fast to be a control driver, but most people throwing 11 speeds for max D are happy with Wraiths (and "Krait" is a weird name). And Kraits were never released in Star plastic before.

Anyway, I'll be happy to see a rim profile pic whenever someone has one to take pictures.

The Krait was a Paul McBeth sig disc, and still may be. I dunno if Innova would give up the Krait mold if that is still the case.

I have a couple of Champion Kraits, and I've always liked the mold. But it's nowhere near a true speed 13 disc, so I'm suspecting the new Pharaoh is a faster disc than the Krait. We'll see soon, I guess...

It might not be the Krait mold too; it was just conjecture on my part. It could easily be a mix-n-match between some existing Innova top and bottom mold pieces as well. Good point about it being a McBeth sig disc, although I'm not sure if it still is; I don't think it was in his last few itb videos nor do I remember seeing him throw it for a couple years. If you look for pics of Champ Kraits on the Internet, some of them have the sig and some don't, although I don't know if they're from before he adopted it. The pics of the Champ Krait on Innova's website do NOT have his sig, which seems telling to me.

Fwiw, I had an F2 Champ Krait which was a pretty good flyer, definitely not uber overstable like PMantle's.

Exodus, Pharoah, .... Moses? Is that the next disc from the boys in Utah?...Not knocking them, much better names than some of the oddball named discs we have seen over the years.

I only had one Krait. Champion, and was never so happy to lose a disc. My numbers on it would have been 11 4+1 4.

Maybe it was an aberration or a mislabeled disc. My noodle arm is throwing my Kraits pretty straight with dump fade.

It might not be the Krait mold too; it was just conjecture on my part. It could easily be a mix-n-match between some existing Innova top and bottom mold pieces as well. Good point about it being a McBeth sig disc, although I'm not sure if it still is; I don't think it was in his last few itb videos nor do I remember seeing him throw it for a couple years. If you look for pics of Champ Kraits on the Internet, some of them have the sig and some don't, although I don't know if they're from before he adopted it. The pics of the Champ Krait on Innova's website do NOT have his sig, which seems telling to me.

Fwiw, I had an F2 Champ Krait which was a pretty good flyer, definitely not uber overstable like PMantle's.

I just bought a McBeth sig Krait online, and it was the last sig Krait they had. As I said above, it's a very straight flying disc with a reliable dump fade for me, and I'm waiting for some windy weather to test it as my windy weather driver.

The Pharaoh is probably too much for my arm, but it'd be grade if a disc with those flight numbers worked well. I have an F2 Champ Dominator; fastest disc out of my hand I ever threw, but didn't fly so well after that...

Exodus, Pharoah, .... Moses? Is that the next disc from the boys in Utah?...Not knocking them, much better names than some of the oddball named discs we have seen over the years.

They have a midrange coming, described as a Mako with a bead. It's called the Chariot.

Everyone needs a disc in their bag that they rarely throw. I see so many guys in our group caught off guard by a headwind that they have no driver for. Fore right!

The question becomes, do you throw the (n+1)/5/-1/3 disc where n is the speed you're normally comfortable throwing in the calm, or do you throw the n/(x-1)/(y+1)/(z+1) disc, where x, y, and z are the glide, turn and fade you typically throw?

In other words, is it a good idea to truly "disc up" into a headwind, or just throw something with more stability but the same speed?

Everyone needs a disc in their bag that they rarely throw. I see so many guys in our group caught off guard by a headwind that they have no driver for. Fore right!

Very true. Right now my headwind driver is my C-line DDx. I haven't thrown it in several rounds, but it's there if the wind is beating my face. Other contenders are the Lucid Sheriff, Champion Krait, and Hannah Leatherman Tern. It's the last thing to "settle" to complete my bag.

The question becomes, do you throw the (n+1)/5/-1/3 disc where n is the speed you're normally comfortable throwing in the calm, or do you throw the n/(x-1)/(y+1)/(z+1) disc, where x, y, and z are the glide, turn and fade you typically throw?

In other words, is it a good idea to truly "disc up" into a headwind, or just throw something with more stability but the same speed?

Higher speed. Have your distance drivers line up in a NW to SE slant. Higher speed for into. Slower for down.