• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs Pharaoh

The question becomes, do you throw the (n+1)/5/-1/3 disc where n is the speed you're normally comfortable throwing in the calm, or do you throw the n/(x-1)/(y+1)/(z+1) disc, where x, y, and z are the glide, turn and fade you typically throw?

In other words, is it a good idea to truly "disc up" into a headwind, or just throw something with more stability but the same speed?

Higher speed. Have your distance drivers line up in a NW to SE slant. Higher speed for into. Slower for down.

True. You can disc up into a headwind because the airflow into the disc's flight makes the disc "think" it's going faster than it really is. Same reasons airplanes take off into the wind.

Having said that, you can also use a more overstable disc at the same speed rating, especially if the rim of the faster disc begins being uncomfortably wide. Whatever gets the job done when the wind is beating your face...

I only had one Krait. Champion, and was never so happy to lose a disc. My numbers on it would have been 11 4+1 4.

Interesting. I've thrown a few Kraits. Not a bad disc, but I've never felt a need to bag it. 11 isn't really a speed disc I throw much. I generally go from the Starfire (10) to Destroyer (12).

BTW, I doubt many people even know what Krait means (poisonous sea snake).:D

Kraits for me are pretty mellow. I may need to pull one out and give it another look. Been a while since I threw one.

As for headwinds, I generally will try to throw a fast, overstable disc if I need to beat a headwind. A speed 11 overstable disc won't do very well against most headwinds. My main wind disc is a champ XCal.

Oh, and the Krait's rim is flat, somewhat like a Sidewinder. It is a bit strange looking.

Last edited:
The question becomes, do you throw the (n+1)/5/-1/3 disc where n is the speed you're normally comfortable throwing in the calm, or do you throw the n/(x-1)/(y+1)/(z+1) disc, where x, y, and z are the glide, turn and fade you typically throw?

In other words, is it a good idea to truly "disc up" into a headwind, or just throw something with more stability but the same speed?

Stop making us do math :\;);)

Had a chance to throw a Pharoah yesterday and I'm definitely impressed. Im an intermediate player still working on form and technique, and i can get higher speed discs out to about 330-350 with some difficulty but this thing cruised out there really far with ease. Nothing like a Krait. The Pharaoh started to turn and i thought it was going to be one of those high speed flippy trilogy discs, but came back nicely and had a great straight flight.

So what are the components? Innova rarely ever lets companies use a new mold so this must be a mix of stuff. This might be silly but I wouldn't be suprised if it was a modified Katana.. The new Katanas are different from the old flatter top wing molds. The newer ones have a convex top wing that makes them way more beefy. I miss the old Katanas. Again this is a silly idea.. not sure GG would care for something that would be extra flippy for him. However, some of the older katanas were more stable than advertised. I have an amazing pop top thats pretty stable and is my furthest flying disc and is pretty reliable.

I sent an email to infinite asking what mold parts were used, that people on here were supposing parts of the katana or shryke...

Received an email reply from a Todd with Infinite - "It is closer to a Shryke. It flies a little bit more stable (at least on the first run)."

:|

Exodus, Pharoah, .... Moses? Is that the next disc from the boys in Utah?...Not knocking them, much better names than some of the oddball named discs we have seen over the years.

What is next Sphinx, Pramid, Jackal? And I just hope if they do make th Sphinx disc has a picture on it the disc does not have a Sphinx cat on it, has the actual Sphinx.

Is it possible that Infinite discs makes a whole lineup of discs that are like a Millennium set of discs and gets enveloped into the Innova fold? they make A few bag then maybe make a copy of the old Salient small backpack bag but improved with drink holders on the outside not in the storage pouches and at the price of the lower end backpack bags, the $50-$60 range?

So what are the components? Innova rarely ever lets companies use a new mold so this must be a mix of stuff. This might be silly but I wouldn't be suprised if it was a modified Katana.. The new Katanas are different from the old flatter top wing molds. The newer ones have a convex top wing that makes them way more beefy. I miss the old Katanas. Again this is a silly idea.. not sure GG would care for something that would be extra flippy for him. However, some of the older katanas were more stable than advertised. I have an amazing pop top thats pretty stable and is my furthest flying disc and is pretty reliable.

For those that are wondering, the Pharaoh is based off the Shryke mold. It's run in a swirly star/s-line plastic with a different cooling process that lends more stability than a Shryke.

Anyone notice that ALL the reviews for the new Infinite discs are glowing, and that there are lots of them?

It's because the prototypes go out to team members and there is encouragement to leave a review after testing out. I don't think folks are trying to be biased, but there is definitely a wave of enthusiasm that has accompanied each release :)

I really want to try some of infinite's stuff but I've got too many discs all ready. Just need to trade some

For those that are wondering, the Pharaoh is based off the Shryke mold. It's run in a swirly star/s-line plastic with a different cooling process that lends more stability than a Shryke.

Man, Shryke throwers or those looking to build a distance lineup with Shrykes would probably be excited to hear that in theory, they have a more-stable Shryke in the same mold.

Man, Shryke throwers or those looking to build a distance lineup with Shrykes would probably be excited to hear that in theory, they have a more-stable Shryke in the same mold.

There are stable Shrykes out there. It's looking like they are hard to find though. I can turn your basic Star Shryke, but one of our posters has a light green 175 that even he does not turn, and he probably has 50' more power than I have.

It would be nice to have a more stable Shryke in Star plastic. The (2) Champ Shrykes I've owned were both significantly more stable than the Stars I've got (with most of my GStars somewhere in between). But I don't really love champ plastic drivers; I'd much rather have Star. To build a cycle around it, I'd want some Stars that were a tick more stable than even the Champ Shrykes; otherwise, I'd have to compliment it with something like a Destroyer.

I mostly do field work with Shrykes though and keep them around in case I lose a couple beat in Destroyers and need a quick replacement. It's easier to build a cycle around Destroyers since they start out more stable, and for my arm they fly pretty similar distances. I do like Shrykes though; maybe I'll pick up a Pharaoh to mess around with.

Latest posts