• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

“Fun” round games

Bamm

Double Eagle Member
So when you and your friends just want a fun round, what's the disc golf game you play?
Me and the guys play "Mullet" rounds. After hole one is finished, whoever had the most strokes on the hole has to wear a mullet wig until the next hole that someone throws worse than him on. It's funny at the beginning but trust me, no one wants to wear the mullet after 15 holes in the summer heat. Fun times!
What do you all do for fun rounds?

Attachments

• 283ADD76-4213-434B-B0AF-2F5395DFED43.jpg
    283ADD76-4213-434B-B0AF-2F5395DFED43.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 41
So when you and your friends just want a fun round, what's the disc golf game you play?
Me and the guys play "Mullet" rounds. After hole one is finished, whoever had the most strokes on the hole has to wear a mullet wig until the next hole that someone throws worse than him on. It's funny at the beginning but trust me, no one wants to wear the mullet after 15 holes in the summer heat. Fun times!
What do you all do for fun rounds?
:D:D

I have a league I frequent that plays some sort of game each week. Dice, Ript, bag swaps, one disc, card picks disc, putter rounds, forehand/roller rounds.....It is a blast. I find I long for a simple singles round after a while though.

I don't get to play enough to do fun rounds. Straight up disc golf is my "fun round".

I have a league I frequent that plays some sort of game each week. Dice, Ript, bag swaps, one disc, card picks disc, putter rounds, forehand/roller rounds.....It is a blast. I find I long for a simple singles round after a while though.

One of our local groups did a bag swap on a course with 8 water holes. Almost disbanded the local community.:p Nothing quite like handing over your bag of flippy stuff to a torque monkey to play a 600 foot hole where anything more than 5 feet right of center is in the drink. In a constant headwind.

That mullet wig game is hilarious, but I don't think any of my friends would want to be the official Mullet Wig Keeper between rounds.

One of my regular playing partners and I both bought these XXL Cowboys zip-up jackets that have inside pockets big enough for two discs in each side. When it's muddy/drizzle/cold and we can't not go out we'll call for a 4-disc Cowboys jacket round. You have to keep the other three in the pocket when you throw and hang your towel on your belt loop like a noob.
Ridiculous but a lot of fun if you don't catch a cold.

Around here we have been know to play jungle golf doubles in the "off season" when the course is empty. We pull out 1-9 cards out of the Ript deck. Stand on hole 1, pull a card and then play to that hole. Repeat.

We did it this one time and I don't think it could have been longer if we'd tried... took 2.5hrs and ended up in a 3 way tie.

When I played more regularly, I liked "You call the mando". Either we'd take turns or the winner (sometimes looser) of the previous hole has the choice of the mando.

When I played more regularly, I liked "You call the mando". Either we'd take turns or the winner (sometimes looser) of the previous hole has the choice of the mando.
I played that once. When it was my turn to call the mando, I missed the mando. :\ Never again, man...never again.

A few years ago, a bunch of us played on the same card at league, and we started keeping track of who hit the most tees each round.

Not random dangling twigs or leaves up high, but solid trunk shots that made a good "thwack," as if they were trying to fell a tree, and called it the Lumberjack Award. Someone brought in a plaid flannel shirt as the trophy.

Whomever hit the most trees that round, had to wear the flannel shirt next round. At the end of each round, we tallied up tree hits to see if the trophy changed hands, or if the current wearer kept it for the next week.

At the end of the year, player who wore the trophy the most times won a disc:
Sparkle VIP Westside Hatchet.
...seemed like the obvious choice.

We had a lot of fun with that. :)

FWIW - the guy who won the disc had was the best player on the card, and easily shot the lowest average for the year. ;)

Last edited:
If you have 3 sets of tees, hole one, everyone throws from middle tee (white). If you birdie the hole, hole two you throw from the blues. If you par the hole, stay on the white tees, if you boogey the hole, next hole throw from the red tees. Keeping score, it tallies out pretty even especially if you have different abilities playing!

Mulligan Stew

I love a good game to spice things up! Here's one that I invented and played with my son...

Mulligan Stew

Summary: Each player takes 1 mulligan on any shot on every hole
Variation: The winner of the hole calls throw type for the next drive.

Object of the game: the winner is the player with the lowest score.

Note- for the game to work best players should be of similar skill levels.

Number of players: Designed for 2 players but it can be played with any number.

How to Play:
Every player may take 1 mulligan per hole (like Cali in best shot doubles). This can be any shot—drive, approach, or putt.

-Bonus mulligan- the person with the lowest score after hole 6 and hole 12 add one extra mulligan to be used one time only on any throw on any remaining hole.

Throw type Variation-
The winner of the hole decides the throw type for all players on the next hole (backhand, forehand, thumber, roller, etc). This throw type must be used for ALL shots until a player's disc is within circle 1 (10 m/ 33 ft/ 11 paces).
o If there is a tie for lowest score then in a 2 player game each person decides the throw type for the other player. (With 3 or more players you can figure out some kind of alphabetical order or just drop this when there is a tie.)
o Any mulligan used has to be of the same throw type called for the hole, except for putts