• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 1 disc you do, 1 you don't

Click: PD2, or Clutch. I bookend my Destroyers with a CPD2.
Don't click: Boss and Tern. I throw Destroyers and have buddies who throw Bosses. I just never could make them work. Weird. The Tern never worked for me. It just feels too shallow for my liking, idk.

click : Viper
didnt click : Teebird

When I first started I absolutely hated my Hornet. I couldnt do anything with it (lack of control/horrible form) and it later became my favorite discraft mid. the wasp is great too. I can sympathize with the 'didnt click with the Buzzz' crowd. I wanted to like the Buzzz. The Truth reliably does for me what I always thought the Buzzz should do.

Click: Mamba. I can torque it and turn it over and it'll glide and pan flat to finish. Love it for any open hole where I need a right hand finish.
Don't: aviars and rocs. I still try a champ roc3 every time I just can't seem to find that easiness I get with my ti buzzz. I tried the rancho roc3 and champ roc3 so far.

Click: Surge and Wildcat
Didn't Click: Aviar and Roc

I hate the bead on a Roc and Aviars have never felt good in my hand or leaving it. The Surge was my first disc and I always carry one, but don't see many other people carrying one. The Wildcat is another one I always carry and don't see others with. I've come close to getting an ace with that disc more times than I can remember.

Odd click: Mamba. I'm far better at rolling with a Mamba than any other conventional roller disc (Lep, Roadrunnder, or D4) that I've tried. It's not in my signature, but it probably should be.

Non-click: Innova mids in general. I really want to like the Roc family & Gator, I've bought a bunch of them ( sometimes multiples), but they just don't fly or feel the way I like.

I click with the Innova Star SL. So unpopular it's been discontinued 2x... Never clicked with a Buzz but that's a common one. It seems most people are either Roc throwers or Buzz throwers <or at least those style of mids>

Click: FD2 (Love it for forehand shots.)
Don't Click: Rhyno. (I bagged it for awhile as a wind putter and Overstable approach, but never really gelled.)

Click: Aerobie Epic - Throw this like a tomahawk using my index finger it flips over and glides straight as an arrow 400+ feet easy. Love this thing on long holes.

No Click: Same as a lot of responses, the Roc. I always grab my Warship or Buzz before I ever think about using the Roc. The only time I'll use it is on a a shot where there is a good possibility of ending up in water, which sometimes I secretly wish it would find itself in.

Clicked: Cyclone - my second disc... lost 3 of them over the years and went without for more than a decade. Got back into acquiring plastic and now bag all 4 versions (ESP, Z, X, Pro-D). I'd kill for X-Clones in Z/FLX.

Didn't Click: Stalker. As a DC guy I really wanted to like the Stalker but it simply wasn't a fit for my throwing styles. Probably gave up on it too fast but I had better discs ready to throw.

I have a Love/Hate relationship with the Wahoo. I have left 2 in a SMALL lake and never found them. When they are relatively fresh and still (as much as a Wahoo can be) beefy they play perfectly to the demands of the local lake course, but as they season they begin to turn back into my LHBH. For a period of time I can simply launch em. After a couple of months of that "sweet spot" they flip one time too many and float away...

Click: DX Kite and MVP Shock. Not many people seem to throw shocks, but they are a requirement in my drivers unless I'm only bringing 3 discs. Utterly predictable and extremely usable for an OS fairway. I've aced with two DX Kites, they're perfectly predictable understability for me at that speed level. The feel in my hand is very different than any other disc I throw, but somehow just fits right as well.

Didn't click: MVP Volt. I've owned and thrown 3 in varied stages of wear and even finding a beaten up sweet spot volt, I didn't like it as much as my shock, and it's flight once worn in was like a bulky feeling crave, so it'll probably never be bagged. Same with the Valkyrie. I've had great throws with them, I just don't like them.

click: Riot, Blitz
no-click: Wizard, Ion - Star plastic in general.

I have a Love/Hate relationship with the Wahoo. I have left 2 in a SMALL lake and never found them. When they are relatively fresh and still (as much as a Wahoo can be) beefy they play perfectly to the demands of the local lake course, but as they season they begin to turn back into my LHBH. For a period of time I can simply launch em. After a couple of months of that "sweet spot" they flip one time too many and float away...

I really liked fresh/fresh-ish Wahoos, but had the same issue of super fast beat in. I tried the Tern and has definitely replaced the Wahoo in my bag. I'm thinking that I might just carry a Wahoo with me when I know I'm going to playing a hole with a difficult water carry and I don't want to lose a Tern. .

Ok I'll play along. An "unpopular" disc I love is the Banger GT. Here in NC I just don't come across any players using them and I think they are amazing. A popular disc I've tried and didn't click with would be the Buzzz. I bagged many Buzzz's for a few years because it is an extremely popular disc but I really never got into a flow with it. It is annoyingly stable. Not OS enough to put anhyzer on it and have it come back. Not US enough to hyzer-flip. Just not for me.

Ok I'll play along. An "unpopular" disc I love is the Banger GT. Here in NC I just don't come across any players using them and I think they are amazing. A popular disc I've tried and didn't click with would be the Buzzz. I bagged many Buzzz's for a few years because it is an extremely popular disc but I really never got into a flow with it. It is annoyingly stable. Not OS enough to put anhyzer on it and have it come back. Not US enough to hyzer-flip. Just not for me.

Hahahaha dude they make the Buzzz OS and Buzzz SS to complement the Buzzz's neutral flight...

Lol, this thread just shows to go you that there is disc for every player & a player for every disc!

Hahahaha dude they make the Buzzz OS and Buzzz SS to complement the Buzzz's neutral flight...

I gave the BuzzzOS a lot of field testing. It just didn't fly right for me. I used to throw a Drone, Wasp and a Hornet and liked them all. The Resistor fills my OS mid/fairway slot just fine. I can't pinpoint what it is about the BuzzzOS that didn't feel right but I never gave much consideration to it. My search for something US ended when I discovered the Comet. No need to try a BuzzzSS. Just no reason. Comet is perfect.

Latest posts