• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 1 disc you do, 1 you don't

Hmm. I guess I would say the Lace for "click": I don't understand why it's not more popular with the golfer with intermediate distance. At about 375' D it is a very consistent disc relative to its speed and stability. It's very rare that it surprises me.

"Click" runner up is the Underworld: when I was maxing ~275'-300', it was the perfect turnover driver. I think it's a highly overlooked understable fairway for players with that kind of arm.

I have a hard time coming up with an obvious "didn't click." I threw a Roc a few times and it didn't part the heavens. More recently it's probably the Atom: it just seemed like a putter to me, basically. Nice plastic but there's a lot of nice plastic out there.

Click: Discraft Flash
Don't: Innova Boss

I switched to the PD this year out of curiosity more than anything. I could go back to Flashes in the control driver slot without skipping a beat.

Never felt comfortable with the Boss, or really any driver with a wider rim than a Destroyer. I can't really think of anything else, almost all "popular" discs are pretty good if you can fit them into your bag setup.

Click: X Crush. I never see ANYONE with a Crush, but I love the X ones.

Didn't click: Challenger. Fine for putting, no way can I drive it. Every single throw is OAT city.

I don't really have any obscure 'clicks.'

2 clacks:

Rocs. At all. Roc3 was OKish, but meh. Really dislike Ranchos etc. Just never worked for me.

As a gyrohead, I really can't dig on no Crave, which seems to be one of the more universally appreciated MVP/Axiom molds.

Click: Prodigy F5 - don't seem to hear much about this one, even from the Prodigy fanboys but it's a sweet control fairway!

Don't click: Katana. This one was hard because I generally think all discs are neat. But there you go, this disc makes no sense to me.

click - Groove. I must've scored one of the handful that molded up "right". If I hadn't lost it on a bad throw I'd have it bagged today. Bought an exact replacement, and, well, it was not very exact.
nope - Roc. Just always felt odd in my hand, no idea why. I could get a decent flight but there was just no chemistry.

Clicks; Apes I love them! No one else seems to. The Touch but mostly I think people haven't seen them yet, it's a great disc.

No Click; Destroyers, Bosses, Aviars, Drone would be the big ones.

Clicks - Prometheus, old mold beast, 86 softie, tank, atlas

Don't clicks - MVP plastic in general. Unless it has changed, both neutron and proton plastic felt very slick to me.

Click: Vein, Vaccine, Touch, Lockjaw...all from Salient. I won't go into details, but they are unpopular on these forums. In my area, no one has ever heard of the company, so there's no opinion one way or the other.

Didn't click: Firebird. Used them for years, hated them the entire time. I finally realized I didn't need Firebirds in my bag.

Clicked: 150g Pro R Pig, forehands with this disc have saved me more times than I can count..

Didn't: Toss up between the Roc and Buzzz, hate em both for some reason ha.

tl3 - doesn't seem too popular

roc - I can throw them but I don't like to

Click: No obvious ones but I'll say Comet because people either can or can't throw them.

No Click: Anything above Speed 11, I have smaller hands. Honorable mention to the Teebird, I just can't seem to throw it well for unknown reasons.

Click: Halo, Comet (Locally no one else throws em!!!)
Don't Click: Buzzz, Ion, Aviar

Halo's aren't baggd due to mold inconsistency. My only good one was a consistent bomber.
Comets are a staple in my bag... 171 X & 177 ZSP LE do things Seasoned Roc's dream of.
Buzzz's just feel weird in my hands, pivot point doesn't feel right and I get griplocks a lot.
Ion's have that rounded grip, Envy is square and feels better.
Aviars aren't named Wizards so I don't putt with them.

One disc I do - the River. Seems to be a poster child for inconsistency, touchiness, etc., but for me, it is gold.

One I don't - the Amp. i found it more stable than advertised, and very short on glide. I still have it, hoping it will season into what I had hoped it would be.

I really like my Condor for a long mid range or short driver shot. The thing is a beast and requires consideration for packing it in your bag.

Two discs I've tried and could not connect to is the Wizard and the Buzzz. The wizard bead seemed sharp and uncomfortable for finesse putts and the buzzz did not solve any problems my roc could not already handle and is uncomfortable to grip imho.

Latest posts