• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] 10 longest driver molds (for me)

A lot of the drivers on my list are flippier than I'd use on the course for day to day play. They're discs I can flex out for huge distance on big S curves. Accuracy isn't really taken into account.

I see where you're coming from. My Ballistas fly that hyzer flip turnover S curve and added glide make them my tops for tailwinds.

I see where you're coming from. My Ballistas fly that hyzer flip turnover S curve and added glide make them my tops for tailwinds.

Yeah, the only thing keeping me from tossing a Ballista in the bag is the fact that I have a G* Shryke occupying the fast, understable slot that simply crushes.

The Ballista is among the longest understable discs on the market. I've thrown about 8 of them and they all bomb. In my last field session I had 8 good distance drivers, and an Opto Ballista was outdoing everything else easily. It holds the high speed turn for a LOOOONNGGG time before fading.

Anyone throwing Discmania DD2 or MVP Wave?
I have both. Only one DD2, but multiple Waves. The DD2 could end up being my into the wind max distance driver, but I have many Waves. Only one of them has been good for my bag. A grey neutron. It's flight is like a cross between champ and star Tern. I bought more to try to build a fleet, but the others were all disappointing.

Anyone throwing Discmania DD2 or MVP Wave?

I have a couple DD2s and Waves. DD2 is very long, in fact its on my list at the beginning of this thread. Flippy, wild driver.

I'm not a huge fan of the Wave. For whatever reason I can't make this disc fly great. It seems clunky and likes to stall out. Much shorter than a Tern for me.

Have you thrown a Millennium Aries? If so, how that fair against the rest of the field?

Aries is very similar to the Mamba. It's a little more blunt, and when new is more stable in the S to Star. It's really not as long as the 12/13s, but it's long.

Longest disc for me might be the Roadrunner, but I have average distance at best. Although I don't throw it much, the Inertia from MVP got me some pretty nice distance.

GL Havoc bombs for me but can be very inconsistent, same with DD Sheriffs. The Discraft Heat has some sneaky distance.

Opto Havoc is a pure roller for me. Sherriff can go really far but is super sensitive.

I've been really playing with distance drivers and a new star shrike goes far but a flexible champ tern has been out distancing everything.

The Dragon is my longest disc mainly due to weight and its Stability, I have gotten about 300 feet with that disc a few times and one 400 feet angry when newer as old beat in ones get trashed due to they become a roller that is not good. Next is Valkyrie. After that a Z XL (ESP is not quite the long bomber due to the glide) though I do not have a Z XL anymore mine wore in too much for me and the Z XL takes a specific type of throw to get them to go far. Stalker might out do the Z XL however not my Valkyries but I got the Z Stalker later in 2018 so it was not tested much and I had to figure out how to throw the Stalker as it is more a straight flying disc then the XL.

The concept of this thread seems kinda weird to me. Every driver I have ever thrown has gone about the same distance. Some are a bit longer, but we're talking 10 ft at most of a difference. Honestly, my best throws with a Teebird are only 10-20 ft shorter than my best throws with max d drivers. I chose the D2 cause the plastic options, the feel in the hand, and the ability to cycle effectively is the best I have found for me. I still try all the new discs cause I find it fun to try new things but they all pretty much go the same distance. It's not that I haven't experimented cause I have. I've tried 38 different molds that are speed 12 or higher.

The concept of this thread seems kinda weird to me. Every driver I have ever thrown has gone about the same distance. Some are a bit longer, but we're talking 10 ft at most of a difference. Honestly, my best throws with a Teebird are only 10-20 ft shorter than my best throws with max d drivers. I chose the D2 cause the plastic options, the feel in the hand, and the ability to cycle effectively is the best I have found for me. I still try all the new discs cause I find it fun to try new things but they all pretty much go the same distance. It's not that I haven't experimented cause I have. I've tried 38 different molds that are speed 12 or higher.

How far do you throw? When you start getting over 400' is where you start noticing significant distance differences between drivers.

If you chuck a Teebird 400', you'll probably throw a Boss 450'. Now, if you throw the Teebird 300', you probably won't notice any huge gains with a faster driver.

Obviously my list was made purely off of personal preference, but I too have a lot of throws with various distance driver molds and feel like I have a pretty good idea what the longest ones are.

How far do you throw? When you start getting over 400' is where you start noticing significant distance differences between drivers.

If you chuck a Teebird 400', you'll probably throw a Boss 450'. Now, if you throw the Teebird 300', you probably won't notice any huge gains with a faster driver.

Obviously my list was made purely off of personal preference, but I too have a lot of throws with various distance driver molds and feel like I have a pretty good idea what the longest ones are.

I throw right at 400 on average in an open field. Comfortably 375 both BH and FH on golf lines, and can push 425 on max D.

The teebird gets out to about 90-95% of those numbers.

I'm sure if I could throw a Boss 450 or 500 then the destroyer or any other max D driver would also go the same distance so I'm not really sure what your point is. Remember, the Valkyrie was the distance record holder for a very long time and is only speed 9.

What would be the longest Axiom distance driver in their line-up? I'm looking for one that I can hyzer-flip for distance.

Every driver I have ever thrown has gone about the same distance. Some are a bit longer, but we're talking 10 ft at most of a difference.

Honestly I find about the same thing. I bag many high speed drivers, but there are like 3 I rely on for 75% of shots. The others are there for specific wind situations, so they fly MUCH shorter than the others in calm, or for turnover/powered down lines so they fly the same distance as my go-to's but are more finicky if I smash on them so there isn't as much point.

Basically anything neutral-ish and Wraith speed and up for me flies the same distance potential. There are certain discs I find will cruise/glide out easier for me than others, and other discs that I think will get that same distance but on a tighter and more wind resistant line. But if I hit them right they all end up about the same distance.

So I think some drivers are "better" than others because they can get that distance with a little more wind or torque resistance and without relying on a wide path, but I really haven't thrown any disc that is so much farther than others. Just like almost every neutral midrange and neutral putter flies the same distance for me, I find the same thing with speed 7ish fairways, then 9-10ish drivers, then the speed 11+ class. Just got to find the right combination of glide/stability that works for you the majority of the time.

However I don't doubt that at a higher power tier you can get some crazy distance lines that really flex out. I'm talking about hyzer flip golf lines though for myself and my experiences.

What would be the longest Axiom distance driver in their line-up? I'm looking for one that I can hyzer-flip for distance.

I don't have a ton of experience with Axiom, and haven't tried a lot of their drivers. The Mayhem will work for hyzerflip bombs though. So will the Vanish.

Neither one of them would crack my top 10 list, but they're still decently long.