• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 10 Year Anniversary Buzzz

I'm on the fence about throwing the ones I've got. On one hand, they look and feel nice and I'd love to chuck them. On the other hand, there are reports of them flying a little differently than the production Buzzz'es that I have in my bag currently. I'd rather not become dependent on a limited disc. Couple that with the fact that they'll be good trade bait and likely worth two production discs in trade before long and I'm leaning towards trading mine away.

I'm going to take one I like and throw it, the rest will be backups. Though Im not in a hurry to bag any of them because I just got a "regular" tiedyed z buzzz that I'm messing with right now.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the gimmick of the "Wasp" tooling on these? It's not even the original mold :/

Am I the only one who doesn't get the gimmick of the "Wasp" tooling on these? It's not even the original mold :/

I told everyone they were junk and ppl sent me death threats :(. Do you still have that ce omega? Wanna work something on the rocs?

Agreed. Total bait and switch. I do love the feel of the plastic though. :thmbup:

Uh, it is the original wasp tooled mold. The only thing that changed was the core piece of the mold. Top and wing are correct. See my comment regarding the backwards C imperfection earlier in this thread. They are legit.

Whomever said these 10yr. are exactly the same as current z mold buzzzes are on something. My blue ones look and feel great!

Uh, it is the original wasp tooled mold. The only thing that changed was the core piece of the mold. Top and wing are correct. See my comment regarding the backwards C imperfection earlier in this thread. They are legit.

Not saying I doubt you but the wasp tooling is lame.

The flight plate was 2.62 mm higher. .2 mm wider.

.2mm is nothing, .00787", like a piece of paper. Surely a 10 year old disc is going to shrink over time no?

Comparing it to one fresh of the line and only being .2mm difference is being pretty nit-picky about it. Heck you can .2mm variance if you buy any two of the same disc right now. :confused:

Both discs I measured where BRAND NEW. I measured 2 brand new "old school" or "real" buzzzs and ALL of the 5 10th annys I have. NO the .2mm diameter difference isn't that big but 2+mm on the flight plate IS. And I was just saying that ive measured and confirmed its ISNT the original mold with a tooling change its a complete change of the og mold.

the current production buzzes measure the same as wasp tooled buzzes and buzz tooled buzzzs from back in the day. There may be molded in a harder plastic but the mold on the current "buzz tooled" buzzzs are the same. IF you don't believe me feel free to measure its all there for someone to find out.

I am curious, why are you trying so hard to discredit the 10th anniversary buzzzes by claiming they do not use the existing mold? Because the WASP tooling is different and you feel wronged? What do you have to gain by going so far out of your way to call them "junk"?

And those differences you measured are fairly minuscule and could be attributed to a number of different things, including how this blend molded up and cooled.

Also, are you claiming that every old barstamp and current circle stamp buzzz that you measured had identical dimensions? I find that incredibly hard to believe with the quality control found in this industry...

I just don't see any reason discraft would have to change the top or wing of the mold for the 10th anniversary edition.

Latest posts