• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

100th Course Suggestions?

Brokensaint

Birdie Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So my buddy ScottJB and I are approaching 100 courses played. We're coming from St. Louis, MO. and we each thought it'd be cool to play something special for our 100th. So I'm looking for input.

Criteria: It has to be something that I can drive to and play 2+ rounds, then drive home. I think no more than 5 hrs drive time one way.
Also, we want to do it in early spring, maybe even late winter (Late March?)

My own thought was Holler in the Hills. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for. Something really 5 star and notable.

Of course I have searched the course listings, but I think I'd like to hear from live people.

Where should I go?

Looking at the courses you have already played Holler in the Hills or going towards the Quad city region would be your best bet. I can't speak for any of those courses because I've yet to play them (will be next year), but from what i've heard and read they are pretty awesome.

My suggestion, if you are willing to take the trip would be playing Flip City for your 100th course. I played it for my 100th course along with the Mason County courses and Leviathan. Epic. I had a great weekend of discn, hiking the dunes, throwin back some brews in beautiful Michigan.

What ever course you decide to play I'm sure you'll have a blast. I'm planning on crushing enough courses to play my 200th course next year. Now that is going to be tough to decide on.

BUDHILL

Hands down, drive to Memphis and play the two courses at the Hill and 6-7 miles away at Meeman Shelby state park down the road due north 2 more courses. All very fun and worth the drive.

It's an experience for sure.

Cinci area

Or if you haven't played the course in Burlington Kentucky called Idewild its worth driving from anywhere to play. Just south of Cincinnati, Oh. Very Badass lots of terrain to cover huge shot selection needed, very fun, and on you're way home can stop in Cinci to play Mt. Airy. It's just a good time all around.

drive the 8+ hours and spend the night at FLYBOY. call Kelly, reserve the B&B and have no regrets!!

Assuming you don't hit anything new before then, I suggest Mesker Park in Evansville, IN as 98. The Goat Path in Cub Run, KY as 99 and Holler in the Hills in Brownsville KY as 100. It would make for a really fun 2 or 3 day trip. You can camp out at The Goat Path.

My bad. You already have 98. I should look closer next time before I post.

Play the Goat Path! Play Holler In The Hills! Either way you win!

My vote is for a Quad Cities trip.
-Camden I
-Camden II
-West Lake Park
-Middle Park
In that order.. makes for a solid trip!
And I noticed you haven't played em';)

I would go to the quad cities if I were you......Not too far, Make Westlake your 100th course, play from the longs and leave your pride in the car (bring a lunch and extra plastic) because you WILL lose a disc!

^2ND this emotion. :cool:

This.

I have played:

Flip City
Holler in the Hills
Idlewild
Goatpath
Mt. Airy

Holler in the Hills is a close second to Flip City for me. That place is a blast. The Goatpath is top notch also. :clap:

Idlewild is a crazy tough course. If you are looking for a course to beat you to death, this is the one. If you are looking for amazing scenery, fun, and crazy shots that you will get nowhere else... choose Holler.

I say make the 100th the worst course you can find! It will certainly be memorable!

Latest posts