• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

11/13/13 Minneapolis (Plymouth), MN

I play this course more than any other.

I hate this hole because the tee pad is not level. It is inclined upwards and makes any kind of run-up difficult. It always messes with my footwork.

It is blind almost immediately as you cannot see over the hill. If you hit an early tree, maybe you can see the direction it kicks, and there are a lot of trees to hit. Secondly, the basket is deep and slightly to the right, and there is only one alley that you can get there with. It is kind of a back door because the secondary alley, the one that seems more direct, has a lot of small trees in the middle of way. Basically, there is no easy way to get there in one shot. I mean, it is possible and I have found it on several occassions with a Z Nebula, but it really becomes a crapshoot if you do not hit the perfect line (again, it is blind once you clear the top of this rise).

However, if you are playing for par, it is much easier. Straight ahead is relatively clear and provides that backdoor I previously alluded to. Keep it clean and straight and you will have an easy approach. If you do kick off a tree, this entire course has almost no underbrush. Despite millions of trees here, there are always hero gaps where you can try to get yourself back to where you belong.

Problem with this hole is the teepad is slanted uphill so it can be very difficult to maintain correct driving form.

one of my favorite courses. would love to see someone throw a putter and park it.

my noodle arm throws a nice sidewinder on a turn over. the basket is much farther right than it seems like.

I have seen it done. However, my buddy who did so can throw his drivers like 600' so .... I won't be doing it anytime soon!

I laugh at the guys saying putters, internet distance clearly. This hole probably plays about 325. The majority of guys that deuce it throw a sidearm, my brother annys the crap out a legacy rival so it pans back some. I actually throw a roller with either a 10x kc pro cheetah or recently deuced it with a roller with my legacy bandit. Very tough to backhand through the trees for a RHBH thrower. Another thing with this hole is, its well known for disc thieves. A group of teens chill behind the hole smoking up near where the dome is behind the woods and watch discs come in a swipe them. I am always happy with a 3 and not getting a disc ripped off, although I would say if you can throw a roller or a good sidearm your deuce chances go way up.

i really gotta get out there and play it already before it snows (more).

x-comet.

as i get better, i would probably throw a roller since i can't RHFH.

Last edited:
Not trying to brag it up here, but as a rhbh, I can routinely put myself in a position to birdie it. Putting is obviously another matter, but taking a stable mid like a Roc or Nebula, I aim for the short tee box with an anhyzer. If I can keep the anhyzer angle shallow enough where it will not burn over but still enough where it will not fade out, I can get it to find the backdoor gap on a regular basis. At this point there is maybe only one or two trees I have to contend with.

Of course this all comes from playing this course a million times and just knowing where all the best lines are for the discs that I carry. I definitely have the home course advantage here.

As for disc thieves, I can totally see them camping out on this hole, but I personally have never seen them there in the thousands of rounds I have played. I have seen them, however, hanging out on Holes 1 and 8 pretending they are searching for their discs and convenienty covering up yours while you are not looking and then snatching it when you are totally distracted.

I laugh at the guys saying putters, internet distance clearly. This hole probably plays about 325. The majority of guys that deuce it throw a sidearm, my brother annys the crap out a legacy rival so it pans back some. I actually throw a roller with either a 10x kc pro cheetah or recently deuced it with a roller with my legacy bandit. Very tough to backhand through the trees for a RHBH thrower. Another thing with this hole is, its well known for disc thieves. A group of teens chill behind the hole smoking up near where the dome is behind the woods and watch discs come in a swipe them. I am always happy with a 3 and not getting a disc ripped off, although I would say if you can throw a roller or a good sidearm your deuce chances go way up.

Beat ascent on a hyzer flip line.

Impossible, but the opening picture does not do it justice. The first 75 feet is a steep incline that finishes well above your head. Also, the canopy of trees once you clear the incline will prevent you from throwing with any height.

I've played this hole once. I threw a well used DX Tee-bird, then played it safe with one of my Rhynos on the approach before putting out for 3 on it. My tee shot actually landed in a nice spot where I had an open alley to try for 2 but it was a long 2. I did try for it with my Ryhno but ended up short. Really, considering where I landed and looking at the trees, I think that was how I would play this hole pretty often if I lived near by.

Latest posts