• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 12x KC Pro Aviar...Any good?

chris540

Par Member
Hey all,

Ive been playing DG for around 2 years and i started with a magnet that was given to me.

When it was stolen i replaced it with a SS Wizard that was my main putter until the last 2 or 3 months.

I got caught up in the hype and started using Ions.
I currently putt with a 2nd run Ion. I also have a newer proton Ion but i don't really like it for putting duties.

We have had some wet weather here and I'm realizing i don't really like the grip on the ions for putting. Still like the newer one for driving.

I starting thinking that i have never tried a KC pro Aviar.

Are the 12x ones any good compared to the older ones that everyone seems to like?

I'm looking to go back to a base plastic putter.

I have to order discs online here as i have no real local shops.

Any Suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Chris

More than any other disc, choosing the right putter is all about feel and personal preference. Whatever you feel most confident with is the best putter for you. It varies for every player. So it's good to feel around for what you feel is best.

Based on what you've been using, I think the 12x aviar will fit nicely with similar flight characteristics as the other putters you use. So I'd say sure, it's worth a shot.

Like many of the putter threads, my advice would be to try to feel the putters for yourself. I was using a DX Dart obtained at PIAS - my original putter - no complaints. I was slowly upgrading my discs, but was overlooking my putters. One of the guys I played regularly with was raving about his JK Aviar-X, I tried it, and really liked the "grippy" feel - so I now have 2 JKs, 1 soft magnet, 1 soft challenger-x. I have a 12x KC Aviar, but I use it for driving putter duties (and I love it). If you like the Ion, you may want to try a soft one for putting duties, or for wet/cold weather.

I love my big bead aviars. I have 9 bb aviars. I putt with a beat up 12x kc. Wind and good fade duties go to my 175 kc glo. Cold and rainy days I go with my jk aviars for added grip. I love them. The next tourney I'm playing will have dx big beads can't wait to a couple!

Are there different molds for 12X? Seems like I see people mention San Marino sometimes when they sell them and if my memory is right that is what mine is. To me, it putts just like my 11X.

I could be wrong, but what I think people mean by the different molds is the earlier run 12x's have the San Marino tooling on the back as opposed to the later run ones that have the www. tooling. I'm not an afficanado so I could be wrong.

As far as the actual molding of them there is no difference between the 11x and 12x it's all in the feel of the plastic. The 11x's have the preferred feeling.
Are there different molds for 12X? Seems like I see people mention San Marino sometimes when they sell them and if my memory is right that is what mine is. To me, it putts just like my 11X.

I could be wrong, but what I think people mean by the different molds is the earlier run 12x's have the San Marino tooling on the back as opposed to the later run ones that have the www. tooling. I'm not an afficanado so I could be wrong.

As far as the actual molding of them there is no difference between the 11x and 12x it's all in the feel of the plastic. The 11x's have the preferred feeling.

You are correct. I personally putt with a 12x. I have an 11x that I prefer but since they are hard to come by I simply gave into using my 12x. This is simply for consistency in my game, say if I mess up my 11x. I can go get another 12x and the feel be close. The molding is the same, but the only difference is the extra grip that the 11x offers. (besides the coding difference underneath) I have found a few 12x's that offer something close. I would recommend a 12x, but putters like everyone has said so far is how well they fit your hand and your form.

The best way to try a new putter mold is go somewhere where you can feel them up. Find one that feels nice and try it.

People hate on the www 12xs, but I like them. I have a couple san marinos laying around that get no love... although I putt with Yetis, which I highly recommend trying.

The best way to try a new putter mold is go somewhere where you can feel them up. Find one that feels nice and try it.

People hate on the www 12xs, but I like them. I have a couple san marinos laying around that get no love... although I putt with Yetis, which I highly recommend trying.

Those san marnios have a home with me

Are the 12x ones any good compared to the older ones that everyone seems to like?
yes, the 12x are good. they fly the same as any other bb aviar. theyre a great putter. no need to spend upwards of $40 for a used putter. every 12x ive ever had has been the same. there is no difference between san marino tooled or www tooled, dont believe what people say. you should be able to pick some used ones up on here for $10 or less shipped.

there is no difference between san marino tooled or www tooled, dont believe what people say. you should be able to pick some used ones up on here for $10 or less shipped.

This is wrong. All of the SM 12x's I have are more grippier where as the www. tooled ones are quite a bit slicker.

I don't have the disc in front of me to tell you what mold it is but my 12x is great. I've had it for about 6-8 months. I putted with only it for about 4 months.

Very stiff putter, has worn in a little bit but feels great in the hand.

Mine still flies overstable, nothing crazy. I would have no problem picking up 2-3 of these as backups. Great driving putter in my mind too.