• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 150 Class Putters

Brodysseus

* Ace Member *
What putter molds are available in 150 and where can you get them?

I know you can find baseline Aviars and Wizards, the Lat easy to throw putter (ruby?), and the Vibram putters in the 150 class range. But are there any premium plastic putters or putters from other manufacturers (DD, Legacy, Discraft, Discmania, etc.) available in low weights?

Gateway makes most, if not all, of their putters in light weights.

Prodigy has their 350 RX plastic, which is their lightweight blend. The PA4 is available in this plastic.

PA4 is flippy at max weight ugh, couldn't imagine that thing at 150g.

Unless you're playing in Japan, or are a small child, I don't see a reason to throw a lightweight putter.

I threw a 150 Aviar around with my nephew this summer, and I was surprised at how well it flew. I wasn't throwing it outside of jump putting range in calm winds, but it was quite fun to throw. It made me want to look for a 150 Wizard.

Unless you're playing in Japan, or are a small child, I don't see a reason to throw a lightweight putter.

Or a 28 yr old girl with rods and pins in back. My gf has that prob and can't twist or shift weight alot and enjoys the game so 150 avair has become her friend

my Dad LOVES throwing his sub 150 putters. He is a grown man that has no strength issues... he just loves what they do in the air.

Just my $0.02 worth, but... I like me some 150 class discs, but can't see using 150 putters, even for kids.

Or a 28 yr old girl with rods and pins in back. My gf has that prob and can't twist or shift weight alot and enjoys the game so 150 avair has become her friend
Fair 'nuff. I can see that. And to the guy whose dad throws 'em... if he likes what they do so be it, but I'd find it very tough to putt and approach in the wind with 150 putters. No doubt in my mind they'd cost me strokes during a windy round.

Last edited:
I've carried a 150 Polecat a lot. Also have a 150 Rhyno that holds up well in the wind and a complete set of Vibrams in that range. Good for long approaches in woods with little room to throw, or for playing 150 rounds with a buddy for beer.... Especially when the wind is whipping up.

do they still do the pro Pig ? iv'e got a new one in a bag of 150 stuff. 150's can be very useful at times.

I used to think this ^ but I know better now. I bet there are a few japanese old farts that would that whoop up on you with their children's discs. I know because it happened to me last Sunday at my monthly league event....and the tournament before that......and at nationals.

Lightweight putters are great for all the things people regularly use putters for except maybe actually putting. I can hit some lines with the lightweight putters that I probably couldn't with a heavier putter of the same mold. They're especially great for powered down straight shots & power cranked hyzer flip turnovers. I still hate putting with 150 open class putters, even after a full years worth of practice. Putting on a stiff set of chains is a nightmare.

Japan is a funny grey area of the 150 market. I've see some crazy discs that aren't normally available in the US below 159 or at all, but they usually aren't putters. Prodigy, Gateway, Vibram and Innova are the most common, but the premium plastic putters that I've seen are more likely the result of a special event tournament disc than something going into regular production. The only really durable ones are Aviars (star/gstar) and Vibrams full putter line up in X-link medium & firm.

i found a 150g dx aviar. floater. but couldnt imagine it in any wind.

my buddy throws a low 160 vibram sole and crushes it.

but putters are the one thing you shouldnt go lightweight on

do they still do the pro Pig ? iv'e got a new one in a bag of 150 stuff. 150's can be very useful at times.

Innova has starting making some again, they have a special stamp one through the factory store and some of the retailers have some stock stamp ones, forgot about that one being in the 150 range.

Latest posts