• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Saphire 150 class - too much LSS?

I know that Keller came in pretty hot, but... the DX Teebird is fantastic.

If you haven't messed with a DX Teebird, it will probably give you very similar distance with a straighter finish. I really like them around 166-167g's.

The Champ Teebird I have isn't anywhere close to a straight disc for me, it's quite overstable. How beat do I have to get a DX before it flies like you say? How long will it stay that way before it becomes more on the flippy side? How well will it stand up to being thrown full power into first available? Just trying to know what to expect. I've yet to truly beat in a disc, and definitely not a base plastic fairway driver.

I mentioned I don't really like the feel of base plastics for anything other than putters, for whatever reason. And I really haven't gotten along with any of the Innova plastics, except maybe G-Star. I lost a GStar Leopard that I rather liked earlier this year.

The Champ Teebird I have isn't anywhere close to a straight disc for me, it's quite overstable. How beat do I have to get a DX before it flies like you say? How long will it stay that way before it becomes more on the flippy side? How well will it stand up to being thrown full power into first available? Just trying to know what to expect. I've yet to truly beat in a disc, and definitely not a base plastic fairway driver.

I mentioned I don't really like the feel of base plastics for anything other than putters, for whatever reason. And I really haven't gotten along with any of the Innova plastics, except maybe G-Star. I lost a GStar Leopard that I rather liked earlier this year.

Dx Teebirds start out a lot straighter than Champion. DX are straight with forward fade. As they beat in, they lose the fade and eventually gain turn and become wonderful hyzer flip discs and the glide seems to increase a bit too. They can fly a long way when they are seasoned.

They do not beat in too fast, I have had the same one in the bag for three years. Yes, it's a bit ugly, but it flies wonderful, dead straight. Then I just add another one. Also, beat DX Teebirds are great rollers.

I usually cycle a pair of them. I try to keep a relatively fresh one for straight to fade shots and then a beat one that turns a bit and finishes pretty straight with a small skip at landing. The fresh ones stay pretty fresh for a long time because I don't throw them a lot. The beat one is usually my workhorse disc. The current beat one in my bag is currently 14 or 15 months old. I started getting a little more selective about wind and trouble to the right after about a year.

Latest posts