• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

18 hour trip ahoy! Needs me some DG pit-stops

Face

Bogey Member
Alrighty, heres the skinny. Me and 3 buddies of mine are going to drive from Brighton, Colorado to Centerville, Washington for a wedding going down for a buddy of ours (we couldnt afford plane tickets so we said ****ing ROAD TRIP!)

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Brighton&1s=CO&1z=80601&2c=Centerville&2s=WA

We're supposed to meet our friend at the ranch around mid-day Friday, we're thinking if we leave early thursday we can take our time, stop at some road side attractions, and maybe hit some courses.

So I ask you, my well travelled brethren, any must play DG courses on the way? Or hell, anything to break up the monotony?

I hate to tell you man, but it's pretty slim pickings on that trip. I'm originally from Cheyenne and my brother lives in Seattle, so I looked at those road trips and there was nothing spectacular. In fact the best courses are pretty much at your start and just past your finish. I would say your best bet is to skip anything in Wyoming and hit up the Salt Lake area. Good mid way stopping point with a few 4 disc courses that are by the mountains.

Good Luck!

DOH! oh well, I'll make due....or kill my friends trying.

Thanks for the info guys, and also I should really upgrade my account.....but I should REALLY get some spare money first >_>

Well... You're in luck. You'll be 2.5 hours away from one of the best DG courses in the country - Milo McIver in Estacada Oregon.

So, might I suggest hitting the wedding, then... driving on to Milo... then down through Oregon to Whistler's Bend... then down the I-5 to Sacramento for one of their many treasures... over the I-80 through Tahoe for some extreme mountain golf... and then back to Colorado.

OK... it's a little extreme... but worth it.
DSCJNKY

I'm tellin you man, I-70 west is the way to go for DG courses, at least in western Colorado. I see you've barely played anything west of Denver (Snowmass only if I'm right).

If you take I-70 you can hit up Frisco Peninsula, CMC Glenwood, Riverbend Park and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Just a suggestion. I'm sure it will increase the trip time but maybe you can take your way on the trip out and come back on I-70.

You won't regret it.

Edit: Just checked your Mapquest directions and switching to I-70 only adds 1 hour and 45 minutes...

Latest posts