• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Auction] 1988 SUPER PUPPY Etiquette Stamp Ends 3/9/13 11PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigg

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Ends 3/9/13 11PM EST

Current High Bid $36

Starting Bid $25
Minimum Bid Increment $1
Shipping included w/winning bid

Color: Black w/silver hotstamp
Condition: New/Unthrown - minor storage wear 9.5/10 no ink
Weight: Marked 173 1/2

Description: A truly classic hotstamp on a late '80's vintage Super Puppy from the original Dynamic Discs. The "etiquette stamp" as it was known has the basic rules of Disc Golf printed right on the disc. 8 pie shaped panels explain the basics of how to play. This disc does have some storage wear, I got it from a guy who had it in a stackable plastic storage box with 60 other discs, so it wasn't stored with a lot of care, and it has evidence of having been fingered by quite a few fingers - but it does not appear to have been thrown. Get yourself a piece of disc golf history!

RADLSupperPuppy173back_zpsc6de4929.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about lack of clarity, the only camera I have currently is my phone.

SuperPuppyEtiquettecloseup1_zps2fee5dea.jpg

SuperPuppyEtiquettecloseup2_zps8474607e.jpg

SuperPuppyEtiquettecloseup3_zpsd45eb93a.jpg

SuperPuppyEtiquetteback_zpsef250dc3.jpg

The panels read as follows:

created by Jan Sobel Destiny Discs woodland hills, ca Copyright 1983 artwork by Kathi Kositchek

Golf Whizbo Style Start: Play like Golf but use flying discs instead of ball and clubs

II Etiquette Play foursomes when possible. Don't distract other players with noises or movements

III Throwing Order Flip coins or discs to determine tee off order, After the tee off, the player farthest from the hole throws first. Lowest score on hole has "honors" on following tee.

IV Marking Shots Play with a minimum of 2 discs. Use one disc to mark each shot. One foot must be directly behind the marker disc when throwing. Run ups OK.

V Putting When a throw is less than 10 meters it's a putt. When putting, one foot must be behind the marker disc, the other foot may not be any closer to the designated target. No falling forward on putts.

VI Penalties One stroke penalti is assessed when disc lands completely in any out of bounds area. Disc landing higher than 2 meters in trees, bushes, etc are o.b. Throw from point where disc enetered o.b. area.

VII Make Your Own Course If there is no course make one! Use natural objects like trees or poles to "hole out" on. Average length should be 50 yards to 150 yards for par 3. Fairways should utilize obstacles.

Last edited:
My league partner 15 years ago threw one of these; it was yellow with a blue stamp. This reminds me of many, many missed putts.

Cool disc. I'm broke, but cool disc.

I have a sister to this stamp, on a yellow super pup. "How to play football" whizbo style. Wish this one was yellow!

Status
Not open for further replies.