• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1993 Worlds Pro Shot Video

Anyone care to explain horseshoe putting to me? hard to see how he is gripping the disc...

I wonder if I could still send a check or money order to the address at the end for a vhs coppy of this for myself?

Gotta respect the roller skills!

What is funny is that many of the bros on campus are now wearing these Larry Bird shorts again. :gross:

Thanks for posting this. For 93, this had some great production value.

Heh, that was awesome. And yeah, for as old as it is, that's some pretty damn good production done on it. Good watch.

I'm pretty sure we need to see some onesie leotards in worlds next year. I've laid out the challenge, let's see who is pro enough to accept it.

wow, it's amazing to see how far the pdga worlds coverage has come since '93.

It amazes me how stunned everyone is by an era that seems like it was practically yesterday to me.

See guys DiscGolf WAS big in the wait for it... 90's. Kenny looks Like Drago!! Also Eric Marx is the Frickin MAN!!

Thanks for posting this, Will.

Just to put some perspective on this video, when this event was played, the current #1 player in the world was one year old and the distance world record holder hadn't been born yet.

Thanks for posting this! I was wondering who filmed it, and then I saw: Executive Producer--Terry Roddy. I actually just played a round with him two days ago at Druid in Baltimore.

Thanks for posting this, Will.

Just to put some perspective on this video, when this event was played, the current #1 player in the world was one year old and the distance world record holder hadn't been born yet.

Ha, nice....i feel old now, thanks.

Is anyone else ordering Pizza Hut for lunch today? All those adds got to me!

One of the coolest things about the video was the ad for a tourney at the legendary Boylan Family Farms course. That's the first time I've ever seen a picture of it at all.

800' par 3? Wow!
hahaha no doubt. i have an old VHS tape of the 1996 or 97 worlds i can't remember Cam Todd won open and Jon Houck is an announcer on it. but there was a 250+ foot par 2. Also Houck calls turnover shots "Roll Curves" I love the old vids.