• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] 1st run Icon Gauge thoughts and reviews

It definitely falls between a QMS and Coyote. It can work a lot of lines

This fan boy found his CE QMS killer

Disc Nation will today. Our shipment came in to late to get it up yesterday. The winter storms wrecked havoc on UPS. We were supposed to have them on Monday for the launch date

Which colors did you throw zj? Blue sounded nice if they're a bit more stable, green sounds good too if they're gummy.

I have never thrown any Legacy plastic, what plastic would you guys recommend me to pick up a Guage in? Does Legacys plastic have different stabilities in the plastics like other manufactures do?

Looking between Pinnacle or Icon.

Last edited:
I have never thrown any Legacy plastic, what plastic would you guys recommend me to pick up a Guage in? Does Legacys plastic have different stabilities in the plastics like other manufactures do?

only available in icon plastic.... just a warning about the legacy plastic....... it's real nice and it might make your other discs jealous:D

Which colors did you throw zj? Blue sounded nice if they're a bit more stable, green sounds good too if they're gummy.

I threw White. I am partial to that color for mids(the color of my favorite X-out CE QMS). The parting lines looked about the same for all the Gauges. The orange had a noticeably higher dome and we didn't get any green. My 180g white does fly a bit more low speed stable than my 178g white. The 178g also got a lot of work out on the parking lot with most of the staff throwing it. That test session led to 3 other staffers grabbing a Gauge to buy. It also held up really nice on the pavement, no major damage.

Zj what did this run of Icon feel like? Is it super stiff champystar-ish? Or does it have some flex? I really like their uber stiff Icon but now that its colder outside the stiff stuff is slick and Im honestly worried about it shattering haha.

This run of Icon feels like a Star/ESP mix. Nice and grippy with a little flex. Like Lion mentioned, some colors have more flex than the others. White, orange and green seem a little more gummy while the red, blue and yellow are a little more stiff. I've thrown seven of the different colors and the more gummy the less stable.

This disc is not flippy at all. Nice amount of high speed turn with a small amount of forward fade. Lots of glide and I know its cliche, but it does like to hold the line its put on. As a moderately noodle arm player this thing is perfect. It does and goes where I want and with minimal effort.

Feels like a Coyote or QMS in the hand and has very similar flight. I used to throw Cores and this is what I,always wanted my Core to be. I rememvber hearing about the Gauge forever ago and was very excited and I was not dissappointed AT ALL. If you like stavle to understable discs, the Gauge is absolutely worth checking out. Ghost throwers, this is the perfect compliment.

Support Legacy, play with confidence!

Latest posts