• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2/20/2020 Wysocki Returns

strangest white knighting i ever did see, right here in this thread

I have no problem standing in front of an angry mob of internet trolls. This is DGCR, they can't even downvote. People are actually advocating yelling at someone, when we all know that they would never say anything to his face.

It's perfectly logical analogy, and is only being ridiculed because people in this thread have already made up their mind - they've chosen to go with the mob. Again, saying something is bad once is one thing, yelling at someone for 6 months is a whole other, and to put it lightly everybody is not using the word PLEASE.

They probably did for the first 2 months, and then seeing that Ricky did not seem to react. They went from stronger words.

In all honesty, I would be ready to bully Ricky, put his so-colled "doctor" in jail to get him back on a healthy path.

It may be egoistic, but I wouldn't give up on it until I feel like I've tried everything. Otherwise, I may regret it and feel like it's my own fault.

The day Ricky tells everyone to f*** off and let him live, then I'll stop. Until then, there's a chance to make him change his mind and save him.

All he needs is a massive slap in the face, and I don't want it to be the fact that he won't be able to ever walk again.

I have no problem standing in front of an angry mob of internet trolls

yes, we see how noble you are

People are actually advocating yelling at someone

i don't know (or care) what happened on social media but nobody did that here. we are just expressing our disapproval of a foolish course of action.

Last edited:
I dont know. If it was some 990 rated hack I probably would not care as much. But Ricky is easily top 3 when healthy, and top1 even sometimes. Throwing that into the crapper just annoys me. I am sure people at Innova arent happy either but what can they do.

I dont know. If it was some 990 rated hack I probably would not care as much. But Ricky is easily top 3 when healthy, and top1 even sometimes. Throwing that into the crapper just annoys me. I am sure people at Innova arent happy either but what can they do.

If it´s in his contract to see a doctor every year Innova should be able to force him to go.

In most sports when you sign a player that player goes throw meticulous physical examination by a ton of doctors.. . and then have regular checkups

I would think the players have a medical clause in their contracts?

I would think the players have a medical clause in their contracts?

I would be shocked if they do. My much lower level contract has nothing of the sort. While the big names have contracts which are much more individualized I would still be surprised to see any sort of medical clause.

I would be shocked if they do. My much lower level contract has nothing of the sort. While the big names have contracts which are much more individualized I would still be surprised to see any sort of medical clause.

Seems odd to me that a company can give a player a +$100 000 a year contract without any kind of medical clause

During the interview with Terry, Rick says he has faith in his nutritionist because "he has cured it himself and has tons of clients that he's cured".

Only a few moments later, the nutritionist implicitly states MULTIPLE times that he does NOT cure anybody or anything. Hearing this and hearing Rick bring up his mental awareness repeatedly, makes me have to consider that he may be dealing with [BOLD]some type of autism spectrum disorder[/BOLD]. Stating that this knee injury has nothing to do with Lyme disease shows me he is having difficulty comprehending.

Just so there's no confusion, there is only one autism disorder and that's why the word spectrum was added.

With that said, I was diagnosed as being on the spectrum in my 30s and based on what I've learned from my own behaviors and counselling, I have also suspected that Ricky was on the spectrum due to his demeanor during tournament footage, interviews, clinics etc. Perhaps his family had a poor interaction with doctors regarding a diagnosis and hence why they adopted this stance?

I have a strong distrust for pharmaceutical companies due to how they basically bribe doctors to push samples of their patented (re: expensive) drugs on patients, but there are many important diseases which can and must be treated quickly for quality of life. What's really sad is I saw someone mention that Ricky had already been on a dose of doxy for an infection, so clearly he and his family are not against antibiotics?? Not all antibiotics work for everyone and a different / stronger dose in the tetracycline family may have been needed.

Regardless of why he has chosen this route, it's sad to think that his career is likely going to be cut short because of a tick bite and it was painful watching him limping around at the memorial on the coverage I saw.

What's really sad is I saw someone mention that Ricky had already been on a dose of doxy for an infection, so clearly he and his family are not against antibiotics??

I was going to post the same thing.
He also admitted he didn't even see a doctor...around 37:30 in the video. WHAT!!????

As someone who recovered from Lyme some 18 years ago, this is heartbreaking to watch. I was back to dg, work, etc within five days and haven't had complications since.

It's perfectly logical analogy, and is only being ridiculed because people in this thread have already made up their mind - they've chosen to go with the mob. Again, saying something is bad once is one thing, yelling at someone for 6 months is a whole other, and to put it lightly everybody is not using the word PLEASE.

Do you also believe it is unacceptable to chastise anti-vaxxers? People like this fool are an embarrassment and a danger to others. Do you work in medicine at all? Have you seen what happens to people when they follow the advice of quacks like this and other people who have no "real" knowledge or clinical experience to make informed or educated decisions in regards to treating people. I will rant all day about quack jobs like this because they are a danger to others. I am a registered nurse at a level 1 trauma center and have seen things most of you cannot imagine because of silly advice like this guy.

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/70OEdmDcKdk?t=1813

Nutritionist talks of time he worked with a doctor in parallel. Doctors handled medical, he handled nutrition; didn't cross into the others field. The doctor promoted his nutritional plan (why wouldn't a doc say eat healthier and cut out sugars), but it was in adjunct with medical treatment, and the process was very successful.

He is then asked if he would welcome a medical opinion if Ricky wishes. He states he would repeat his tests again, and if cleared he wouldn't have a problem with antibiotics; wouldn't be jamming up a new set of problems. But that antibiotics are detrimental.

-
That just doesn't line up. If Ricky wished to welcome a medical opinion then just like the scenario he just divulged, shouldn't he step back and not interfere instead of handling it all himself.

https://youtu.be/70OEdmDcKdk?t=2258

States he hasn't gone to a doctor, sticks with one person and his opinions. Why not even get a second opinion?

This is all just hard to watch happen. It's hard to read Ricky's stuff when he says it's working and he's feeling so much better only to have set backs and need to defend his nutritionist and his actions. (I understand that he could have set backs even with medical, just that he's not even considering it)

Seems odd to me that a company can give a player a +$100 000 a year contract without any kind of medical clause

Would you want your employer telling you you have to take a certain medication or treatment? I feel for Innova here, and my stance on what Rick should do is pretty clear, but I don't support someone's employer or sponsor being able to compel an employee in that way.

Would you want your employer telling you you have to take a certain medication or treatment? I feel for Innova here, and my stance on what Rick should do is pretty clear, but I don't support someone's employer or sponsor being able to compel an employee in that way.

But, this happens all the time. The hospital system I work for tests for nicotine before hiring. They have till recently, dictated the cost of health insurance based on health parameters and dictation of wellness check ups.

Major sports do exactly what you don't want all the time.

He signed a contract, depending on the wording which I am not privy to, its very possible Innova could send him to a real doctor. Not any different than other sports with contracts, if the player isn't able to play they would want to do whatever they can to get him healed up and back to playing. Lots of players are sent to team doctors or doctors aligned with the team and the player has an option to get a second opinion. Innova isn't paying him to gimp around the course and do whatever he wants.

Probably not to this point but some contracts allow for outs, be it a non-sports related incident.

But, this happens all the time. The hospital system I work for tests for nicotine before hiring. They have till recently, dictated the cost of health insurance based on health parameters and dictation of wellness check ups.

Major sports do exactly what you don't want all the time.

This is a little different — an employer testing for substances and changing health insurance costs accordingly vs. one telling you you must take a certain treatment. I hear what you're saying, but that doesn't sound right morally/ethically, and I wonder if it might even be illegal.

Latest posts