• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 aces...back to back

zugthug1705

Par Member
So a guy at leagues last night hit the ace finally. But then he aced the very next hole and it brought up the topic: Exactly how rare is it? He tried to look it up and Rene Espinoza (PDGA# 7595) aced 2 consecutive holes at the 1997 Tri-Cities tournament in Eastern Washington.

I've done it once on back-to-back short holes before but never during a league night or tournament round. My buddy did the same a year later at the same course (Twin Creek DGC, Germantown, OH). How about you guys?

My wife and I hit back to back aces on the same hole but I've never seen someone hit 2 in a row. That's pretty awesome.

a few weeks ago we had a $440 ace pot, two guys hit aces next to each other at the same time on neighboring holes and they split the pot. The question came up, if either one of them hit a 2nd ace in the round, should it be split 66/33 instead of 50/50??? Valid arguement.

a few weeks ago we had a $440 ace pot, two guys hit aces next to each other at the same time on neighboring holes and they split the pot. The question came up, if either one of them hit a 2nd ace in the round, should it be split 66/33 instead of 50/50??? Valid arguement.

It should absolutely be split 66/33.

I know a fellow who aced the same hole two Saturdays in a row. And in answer to Jerry's question, I'd say 66/33.

My friend hit hole 7 at Madeline Bertrand in Niles, MI and I followed up with an ace on hole 8 the very next throw. Neither were very long, under 220', but it was badass nonetheless.

Now two aces in a row for the same guy... I think I'd pee myself.

I've seen, and even been part of, two people acing the same hole with consecutive throws.

One thing that reduces the odds of one person acing consecutive holes even futher, is the frequency of ace-able, or easily-ace-able, holes being back-to-back. While there are some short courses with lots of ace opportunities, a lot of courses will follow an ace-run hole with one that's too long, or otherwise laid out so that an ace is almost impossible.

I've seen, and even been part of, two people acing the same hole with consecutive throws.

One thing that reduces the odds of one person acing consecutive holes even futher, is the frequency of ace-able, or easily-ace-able, holes being back-to-back. While there are some short courses with lots of ace opportunities, a lot of courses will follow an ace-run hole with one that's too long, or otherwise laid out so that an ace is almost impossible.

I agree completely. I know some really good DGers who only have a handful of aces (or none, in some cases), then guys like me who have a bunch because of the course I play most often is a short one.

On that note, I bet the Ace Races have netted some 2-in-a-row, or even 3-in-a-row occurrences.

I have hit two in a 9 hole round before. They were one hole apart though and it wasn't a league round. Hole 6 and 8 at a short course in Stillwater MN

Earlier this year I hit my only ace of the season.

Step up to the next hole and damn near dunk another one.

This was casual play however. I don't think its a super rare feat when there is no pressure on.

But in tournament play... thats some cold-blooded ****. Would be quite a sight to see.

I've seen a friend ace the same hole in consecutive rounds and another ace twice in one round(with just one hole in-between), but never back to back. There's not a hole at Watson(home) that hasn't been aced at least once, so technically in theory....I should be able to ace every hole next round. So that's something to look forward to.

Back in the old days ( late 80s ), a friend and I were playing Winton Woods and he and I matched aces on # 8. He proceeded to ace # 9 and #11 and I aced # 14. The next round he hit aces on # 9 and #18 and I hit # 11. We were throwing Coupes and XDs back then. We still talk about that magical day whenever we see each other. We had 8 aces that day, it was surreal.

I know Mitch Souder fan of Team Vibram did it a few years ago in a PDGA tournament. Back to back aces with the very same disc none the less. I think there is a picture of the score card as well on his team member page on the Vibram Web site.

Not quite the same, but a buddy of mine was playing cali at leagues here a few years ago and skip aced a hole on his first drive. Since he was cali and had one more throw left he decided to take another drive for fun. Skip aced again...

Back in the old days ( late 80s ), a friend and I were playing Winton Woods and he and I matched aces on # 8. He proceeded to ace # 9 and #11 and I aced # 14. The next round he hit aces on # 9 and #18 and I hit # 11. We were throwing Coupes and XDs back then. We still talk about that magical day whenever we see each other. We had 8 aces that day, it was surreal.

I can't even imagine what that would be like. "Is this real life?"

I know Mitch Souder fan of Team Vibram did it a few years ago in a PDGA tournament. Back to back aces with the very same disc none the less. I think there is a picture of the score card as well on his team member page on the Vibram Web site.

You beat me to it Scott, but I found the picture of the scorecard (and I can spell his last name right!).

It was a tournament at Thunderhead in Steamboat (the old layout), holes 2 and 3.

jQ68Amc.jpg

We do random draw doubles league and someone hit back to back aces. The first one was a LHFH skip ace that didn't hit any chains and the other one was LHBH straight in. One of the craziest things I have ever seen.

A buddy of mine aced back to back holes at Tyler State Park. He aced hole 24 in the A position and then aced hole 25 in the B position. Hole 24 was his first ace ever.