• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 and a half months to get first ACE :(

very nice, I got my first one by sheer luck on a 225' hole about two months after I started Playing. 2+ years later, i still only have one ace. even though i've played that hole at least 50 times since

Good stuff! Lucky you. I have a couple tone pole aces, but still zero into chains.

I was *Just* telling a friend about this thread at the beginning of our round tonight and how I thought you were lucky hitting one that quickly, subsequently hit my first one.

haha good job! they for sure are luck.

my words went from .."stop stop stop stop" to "whooooooo!" as it was going towards the basket..if it would of went past it would of went another 30-40' the way it was moving.

it takes him 6 weeks to throw 550 ft. takes him 10 weeks to hit an ace. In 30 weeks he will be 1000 rated

Hey; that will be great. Just dont come tell us about it this time when this happens. :mad:

Of course Im just picking, in a jealous manner.

Hey; way to go mr "I throw 500' and got my first ace and have only played so little time". I think I need JRawk and Prerube to go watch you do it again or I dont beleive it.

NO PRESSURE!

muahahahaaa!

Knowing Kachtz, he probably would do it agian with us there. :|

it takes him 6 weeks to throw 550 ft. takes him 10 weeks to hit an ace. In 30 weeks he will be 1000 rated

at this rate 30 weeks will be enough time for him to win the USDGC. he just missed qualifying for Worlds.

well its taken me a while to get my first ACE but i got it today on 320' hole #2 at Naval Surface weapon station (dahlgren)

Star TL

I don't know why, but the name of that course just sounds really cool.

haha good job! they for sure are luck.

my words went from .."stop stop stop stop" to "whooooooo!" as it was going towards the basket..if it would of went past it would of went another 30-40' the way it was moving.

They do say that aces are bad shots gone good. A foot to the left or right and you probably would have ended up with a three.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3399

Designed by John Houck.
Need a base ID or know someone with one to get in (Kachtz).
The course is beautiful! but it's all open fields.
However Mr. Houck did a fantastic job at maximizing the available land and optimizing basket/tee placement.

Who ever can get you in, needs to sign up at the page as a Course Guide, so people can contact him from DGCR if they are in the area and want to play.

Nice I have been playing for over 2 years without one. While a buddy of mine that I turned onto the game got his on his 5th time playing. RAWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3399

Designed by John Houck.
Need a base ID or know someone with one to get in (Kachtz).
The course is beautiful! but it's all open fields.
However Mr. Houck did a fantastic job at maximizing the available land and optimizing basket/tee placement.

I appreciate the praise there, jrawk, but I assure you that I don't deserve it. Never heard of this course. Definitely didn't design it. I've asked the powers that be to correct the info.

But congrats to Kachtz on the ace.

Thanks,
John

i have been playing ball golf for 10 years and never had a hole in one!

You probably never will. I have two hole in ones in golf and 4 aces in disc golf. I am a 5-6 handicap in golf and have been playing since I was 16 (19 years) but in disc golf I am only a 908 rated player and have 4 aces in disc golf and have been playing for about 18 months . . . you figure out which is easier. Just for reference my two aces in golf defy all odds as far as odds makers go!

Last edited:
Nice i am still waiting for that moment to happen