• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2010 Travel Tags...Who's got one?

PLEASE NOTE: I am no longer involved with managing this map, so I'll have to kindly request that all future inquiries be directed to solomon.trenton. He is managing the map, and volklgirl is updating the spreadsheet. I'm sorry, but I will no longer be answering any PM requests related to the travel tags.

The google map with the Travel Tags is called DGCR Travel Tags. Make sure to save the URL that this hyperlinks to. This map will use the wiki approach, so everyone needs to add their own location.

Follow these steps to add your marker to the map:
1) Go to google maps at the URL linked above
2) PM solomon.trenton or volklgirl for the password.
3) Sign in using the name-- "DGCRTravelTags" and the password
4) Click on "DGCR Travel Tags" on the left side.
5) Add your placemark. I'd suggest that for privacy and safety that you don't list your home address, but put your mark at your home course instead.

FWIW, my opinion is that 2009 users should change their symbol to 2009-#, and the 2010 users should add the 2010 tags as 2010-#. IMO there shouldn't even be new tags each year. I'll still be happy to trade my 2009 tag any time with anyone who wants to trade it. In 2009 the majority of the tags were never even traded once, so I think the pool of tag holders needs to get much larger. I suggest doing away with the year designations altogether, but for now at least that's how it's set up.

I didnt know about them but I also joined and began the game january 1st so I had no idea just how hooked I would remain the entire year. Plus every year I spend at least 3 weeks travelling mostly by car so I have more chances to cross paths with other people than many other people who play the sport. I signed up for the tags and totally agree it would be cool if their were no year designations, just tags that travel between people whenever played. When there are more people playing with the tags, then maybe a yearly designation would make more sens.

Allrighty, I just went out to get the mail and there it was I am #23. I am going to try and figure out how to add myself to the map.

FYI, I don't have the password for the map, sorry :(

Edit: I am now "in-the-know". Woo Hoo!! :clap:
Feel free to PM me to add travel tags to the map!

Last edited:
Just curious, what is the protocol for multiple players playing together in a group . . . are we all supposed to sign and date each one of them but only take a different one with us?

I ask because there may be 3 or 4 of us getting together in January to play a round together.

i would say play for lowest number. winner gets lowest number, second place gets 2nd lowest, etc. i dont think it matters who ends up with what tag, but dont sign each tag beacause you didnt "possess" each tag. hope this helps

I would hope that "groups" could settle the "what to do with the old tags?" question.

In 2012, I'm looking forward to meeting foursomes!

Volkgirl...if you want to add my info to the map, feel free. The first post should tell you everything you need to know :)

\/\/

SO I am completely confused! 2009 tags are no good as we move into next year? I thought as people bought tags they would just get one with the year they got it. So do these old tags just expire or do they continue to get passed around also? :\:confused::wall:

I'll probably end up getting a bag tag...sounds fun.

When ordering do I just post my info here? because I think it just goes straight into paypal with no options for my info....wait is there even info needed??? lol sorry for such a noob post haha

Latest posts