• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2010 Travel Tags...Who's got one?

if youre always trading them, why would you need more than one? ive seen some guys "retiring" theirs...dont quite understand the benefits of that...

chronic i think you buy the tag and write your info on it. then when you trade, you write your info on the new one and they do the same. theres a thread around here somewhere that tracks them.

if youre always trading them, why would you need more than one? ive seen some guys "retiring" theirs...dont quite understand the benefits of that...

chronic i think you buy the tag and write your info on it. then when you trade, you write your info on the new one and they do the same. theres a thread around here somewhere that tracks them.

I know all of this. I want to know if we have to buy new ones every year or do we just keep using the one already have in circulation?

This was asked earlier and it is a new tag every year. I kinda agree there is no need for a new tag every year, but that is the way it is right now.

Here are some reasons I feel we SHOULD get a new tag each year!

1) there is only so much room on a tag, they would quickly fill up, maybe some have in just one year already, who knows!

2) Tim probably doesn't make MUCH from the tags, but I bet he makes more than he does on us just hanging out here all day. If we need a new one each year, we spend at least $5 paying towards the site.

3) It cuts down on the open holes in the numbers it would start to look like Tag 1 Timg, tag 2 LOST tag 3 WillACarpenter tag 4 LOST 5 LOST this way, there's less of that.

4) It's neat to see how far a tag can go in a measurable amount of time!

5) It makes a neat collectors item at the end of the year!

6) Christmas ornaments!

\/\/

I do suppose a lot of tags will be lost if/when someone decided to not play one year, after playing the year before, so that does make sense we need new tags every year, but they won't likely fill up every year because so few people do it, until we get more people to play in the travel tag adventure!

Here are some reasons I feel we SHOULD get a new tag each year!

1) there is only so much room on a tag, they would quickly fill up, maybe some have in just one year already, who knows!

2) Tim probably doesn't make MUCH from the tags, but I bet he makes more than he does on us just hanging out here all day. If we need a new one each year, we spend at least $5 paying towards the site.

3) It cuts down on the open holes in the numbers it would start to look like Tag 1 Timg, tag 2 LOST tag 3 WillACarpenter tag 4 LOST 5 LOST this way, there's less of that.

4) It's neat to see how far a tag can go in a measurable amount of time!

5) It makes a neat collectors item at the end of the year!

6) Christmas ornaments!

\/\/

Well, I understand the donating to help out timg. I do spend a fair amount of money here to support the site. I am just frustrated to think only a few tags even made it to only 4 people in the first year and it is retired already. :( I know as more people do this they (might) get more use. I would just think it would be cooler to see the tag fill up, before getting a new one. Tracking a tag to 4 places (the most last year so far) just seems a little anti-climactic.

But hey, I will do whatever the group is up for. [Ordering 2010 tag now]

What to do about the old tags when the year is over?
Should we opt to mail it back to the owner?
I'm curious to the mileage each of these things got (owner city to owner city distance)!

PS: To all, sorry I did not read the whole thread before these posts. That was pretty naughty of me! :thmbdown: I will try to get caught up after this post. :\

Just ordered mine! I had a lot of fun trading tags last year go to meet a handful of great people.

Heading to Vegas in January with 2010 Travel Tag.Hopefully,it(my tag) "stays in Vegas".

You can buy one for $5 and other people by them, then you get together with said other people on travels or when they pass through your town, you trade the tag and write the info on it and register it on the travel tag page so we can track how far and to where the tags have been. Get one Get one Get one. I am promoting it and this is the first time I have done it but I travel a fair amount so I think I have a lot of opportunity to play with other people from the site.

Got my tag and can't wait to start trading! How do I add it to the List and the Map? This is my first tag ever! I now I'm such a newbie to the most fun part I'm sure.

You're already on the list.. not sure on the map since I don't deal with that. I'm hoping to make an internal map at some point so you guys won't have to update anything for the most part.

Woot! Travel Tag #41 received and ready to be swapped!

Latest posts