• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ace Race disc speculation

The Impact was a driver from the 2007 Ace Race. It was a slow understable driver (like a cheetah), but it was a driver nonetheless.

I want a slow driver this year. I only played the Ace Race the past two years with the Focus and Hornet. My friend got me an Impact for my birthday last year and we went to the short course in Hartford, WI. I birdied 8 of 9 holes and fell in love with the disc. I just wish I would have been into disc golf back in 2007.

The '07 disc was released as the Impact - a fairway driver rated at 0 stability, which, to me, feels quite understable, given how hard one tends to throw a fairway driver.

Maybe it's just me, but could never get predictable results with it, so I simply don't like it, although, I've met a few folks who do (very few). I'd be happy if they released something about that fast, with significantly more stability, say in the 1.2 to 1.5 range.

Looking at Discraft's fairway driver offerings (which they term "Long Range Drivers"), everything listed is moderately to fairly understable:
Impact
Eclipse
Storm (now discontinued)
Glide
Stratus

Not a hint of overstability in any of them.... :confused:
I see an opportunity there. $$

As for other recent Ace Race discs:

Luvs me my Nebula. :D
With the Buzzz at 0.5, and the Wasp at 1.5, The Nebs fits very nicely between those. I'd have to say it feels like it'd "spec-out" at about 1.0 for a stability rating.

Can't necessarily knock the Hornet. On paper, it bridges the gap between the Wasp and the Drone. That being said, personally, I think it flies quite a bit more like a Wasp than a Drone, but I prefer the way the Wasp feels in my hand. Guess I just haven't found myself thinking "wish I had something more stable than the Wasp, but less stable than my Drone..." so the Hornet ain't likely to be buzzin' round in my bag for a while.

The '09 Focus ain't bad, but between my Challenger and my APX, I'm fine.
I don't need a Discraft Wizard in between those, which is what it is and where it fits.

The Impact was a driver from the 2007 Ace Race. It was a slow understable driver (like a cheetah), but it was a driver nonetheless.

I want a slow driver this year. I only played the Ace Race the past two years with the Focus and Hornet. My friend got me an Impact for my birthday last year and we went to the short course in Hartford, WI. I birdied 8 of 9 holes and fell in love with the disc. I just wish I would have been into disc golf back in 2007.

Wanna trade me something for a 177g pale yellow ESP Impact?
Great condition, no tree damage.

Excuse me. BuzzzOS = flight characteristics of Wasp but still without a bead.

Is this more accurate?

I highly doubt we'll see the 2011 disc released as a Buzzz OS. If they're gonna do that, then they should just figure out how to fix the mold to mass produce the Nebula... no bead, 1/2 cm smaller and more stable than the Buzzz, less stable than Wasp.
Essentially, it is a Buzzz OS.

Discraft said the discs will ship on thursday.

So I guess we will find out soon.

Where are you getting this info from? I dont doubt it, just curious. Even when they do ship, its only going to be for the ace races for the first weekend of August. No matter when they ship, I will have 100 of them at my house next week!

they're going to start restamping avengers as the "force ss", everyone will go crazy over it until someone realizes it's actually just the avenger, then the regular avenger (no longer in production at this point) will be worth unimaginable amounts of money because of the "vintage" stamp.

they're going to start restamping avengers as the "force ss", everyone will go crazy over it until someone realizes it's actually just the avenger, then the regular avenger (no longer in production at this point) will be worth unimaginable amounts of money because of the "vintage" stamp.

thanks for your worthless post!

Where are you getting this info from? I dont doubt it, just curious. Even when they do ship, its only going to be for the ace races for the first weekend of August. No matter when they ship, I will have 100 of them at my house next week!

I contacted Discraft and they told me my player packs would be shipping on thursday.

i am so excite!!!

Borat_thumbs_up.jpg

thanks for your worthless post!

Um...you might want to switch to Decaf. Your post wasn't the most informative. At least his was funny.

I know waiting on the Ace Race disc has our wicker baskets all in a shamble, but we need to just relax, throw a disc at something, drink a warm glass of milk and just chillax...

Christmas will be here sooner than you know. You don't want Santa Discraft to send you a coal disc do you?

i'm in the ace race and i'd rather see it and find out in person. adds to the excitement.

Latest posts