• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ace Race disc speculation

ah, well then, since I don't intend to play in those (not by choice, cuz I'd love to) I'll just have to pre reg in a local mini

I also wouldn't be surprised if the $4 was the online registration fee. Almost all online signups have 3-4 additional cost to cover the expense of processing the credit cards.

*edit*

Actually now, looking at that site's front page, that's exactly what it is.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the $4 was the online registration fee. Almost all online signups have 3-4 additional cost to cover the expense of processing the credit cards.

*edit*

That makes sense now.

So, in conclusion, none of us were even close with our guesses as to what it would be... way to keep us on our toes discraft!

*edit*

$3 or $4 to cover costs seems a little high. PayPal takes out less than $2 to process.

$3 or $4 to cover costs seems a little high. PayPal takes out less than $2 to process.

correct, its actually a $1.03 fee on a $25 payment. And then the fee drops the more money you receive, so the fee for 2 players is $1.75, 3 players $2.48, ect.

However I am going to charge people a $5 late entry fee next year. I'm sick of everyone signing up last minute, or trying to sign up after the players packs have been ordered. Then I will use the extra $$$ for more prizes!

2011 Ace Race

Here is the info straight from Discraft. Our Race is this Saturday so I guess we got it first.

2011 Discraft Ace Race prototype disc: wide, heavy putter!

This year's proto is unique and sweet, and we think you're going to love it! It's the widest diameter putt and approach model Discraft has ever offered, so it can legally weigh in at a hefty 183 grams (subject to PDGA approval)... that's at least a full seven grams more than other putters! The disc is obedient to its master and goes where you throw it, delivering directional precision and soft, flat landings. The rim is beadless and feels great in your hand. Think of it as a shorter, slower Comet that is hungry for chains

^someone beat ya

Prototype disc for 2011: wide, heavy putter!

2011 Ace Race prototype disc

This year's proto is unique and sweet, and we think you're going to love it! It's the widest diameter putt and approach model Discraft has ever offered, so it can legally weigh in at a hefty 183 grams (subject to PDGA approval)... that's at least a full seven grams more than other putters! The disc is obedient to its master and goes where you throw it, delivering directional precision and soft, flat landings. The rim is beadless and feels great in your hand. Think of it as a shorter, slower Comet that is hungry for chains.

class: putt and approach
plastics: ESP and Pro D
width: 22.06 cm
max weight: 182 or 183, depending on PDGA ruling

2011disc_sm.jpg

i always imagined the rattler as a slower, shorter comet ... both are rated '0' by discraft.
since this is bigger, it will be even slower. sounds like fun!

yikes- this sounds exactly like the kind of disc I want to learn to throw, but can't keep from turning over. I have a comet that I keep toying with, but it is still way understable for me, and I am no bueno at putter driving (at least not as good at it as everyone my same skill level I play with in tournaments). I do like the little bag- will be a good bag for quick trips to our local courses where I know the 5-6 discs I need for the whole time.

Anyone know how similar it is to a challenger in firmness? That's the disc they put next to it to show it's size, but is comparable in feel too? At least in it's stiff rim and whatnot?

Latest posts