• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 DGCR Southern California March Meet

The forecast seems to keep improving and I'm really looking forward to the weekend! Was able to locate my bullhorn but it hasn't been used for over a decade and I'm not sure if it's in working condition. Need to get some batteries and I'll bring it up if it still wails.

bullhorn.jpg

The forecast seems to keep improving and I'm really looking forward to the weekend! Was able to locate my bullhorn but it hasn't been used for over a decade and I'm not sure if it's in working condition. Need to get some batteries and I'll bring it up if it still wails.

bullhorn.jpg

Is that a penny farthing in the background???

What's my shotting [sic] for time Saturday morning. I'll be up hella early, probably still can get there before most of you will wake up.

This is a valid question for those who are driving up for Saturday only.
I understand that some have vouched for an "organic" fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants approach, but setting an official start time would be helpful, IMO.

I also understand the desire for those coming on Saturday only to perhaps get in at least one practice round prior to this official start.

1:00 PM has been thrown around. But what exactly is going to start at 1? Singles round for those w/ travel tags or something, yet we all participate?

With random doubles to follow that? At approximately time X?

I agree with pizzadude - if we don't set a start time for whatever tournament we're going to have, everybody'll just show up and start playing and there'll be people scattered all over hell and gone and nobody will know what's going on and people will be coming and going and having fun and ...

... hey wait! That sounds pretty good to me :D

Srsly tho - why not just play whenever and with whoever, keep track of your scores (on paper) and declare whoever shoots best, the winner?

In all honesty, I guess my question boils down to:
Are we planning on the entire group playing random dubz on Saturday?
If so, what is the best estimate of when that would begin?

I find that the best/most fun part of our regular Sunday meets.
I don't really care about winning or keeping score on paper.

Fun WILL be had even if this doesn't happen, don't get me wrong :thmbup:

Just wonder/want clarification on what the structure was, if any, is all.

I'm going to yield the decision to Sir Snappy but my opinion is that there are some surprises to be handed out for the "tourney" style round and it would be best if we all played at the same time. I intend on moving baskets throughout the weekend and it wouldn't be fair for someone to win/lose the round on a different layout than what others have played.

As for everything else I say we do it anything goes.

How does that sound?

I would like to avoid the use of a megaphone. Whatever we can do to stay under ranger radar means more fun for us.