• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 DGCR SS

It was a secret. you do not know who has you and you only know the address of the person you have, not their name. I figured it out because it was done by posted request last year.

my guess is you send it to someone and they don't know it's coming from you and you receive but don't know who it's coming from until you get it.

I stand corrected by prerube.

Last edited:
Since you have this going so early, you should change it to Christmas in July. Who doesn't love a secret Santa gift in July?

I think there needs to be some kind of questioner with this that everyone fills out, with some of their favorite things.

Hookers? and Cr@ck? J/K

That's a good idea and whoever is doing this can forward for that person, adds more work to it, but is a good idea.

Making things this structured takes the fun out of SS. How many people got ripped off last year? I remember seeing some pretty sweet gifts!

As for the list of what you might want, I would be against that. Part of this is not knowing what you are going to get. If you make a list we might as well all swap gift cards!

Maybe we could start a thread each person would post a comment of what you would like, what size shirt ETC. So the gift giver can still be anonymous. M2CW.

lol.. true, maybe just a general idea? I know I carry enough putters to choke a moose.. check that, I don't much care what I get as long as it can be dyed.

One of the best and most used I got were those little hand warmers. A whole bag of them, they were great.

I sent a pair of them away and then got a pair right back :doh:

I played twice, one guy was in MI and the other in GA. Luckily I sent the handwarmers to Michigan since he was in a colder state. I recieved them shortly thereafter from Georgia :hfive:

Making things this structured takes the fun out of SS. How many people got ripped off last year? I remember seeing some pretty sweet gifts!

As for the list of what you might want, I would be against that. Part of this is not knowing what you are going to get. If you make a list we might as well all swap gift cards!

Wow, I'm not talking about posting a wish list… I'm talking about a few things that someone could look at to know a little about the person they get.

Something like this:

Favorite color: Red

Favorite Sports Teams: Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavs, TCU Baseball and Football

Shirt Size: XL

And anything else you would want your SS to know about you. It would suck if I got my person a large shirt, and they wore a XXL, fresh roasted peanuts, and they have a peanut allergy… I'm not the type of person that thinks "Oh, the limit is $14, so I'll just buy a premium disc, and be done with it". I want to know as much as I can about the person I'm buying for, so I can surprise the hell out of them! If you're just planning on just doing the limit thing, I guess it wouldn't be necessary…

I didn't get any throwers last year, but I still had fun. One of my SSs got his first ace with the Fuse I sent him.
I'm in....

I'm in will send Pm, but I like the idea of getting to know a little about the person or what they throw.I don't think it takes the fun out of it but makes it more fun. It's still a surprise what they get it's just closer to what they want.

Do most people just do one SS? What is the most someone did?

Latest posts