• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 national collegiate championships

when does broadcasting start today? and is there anywhere i can see updated scores?

I have a personal interest in Oregon State. Go Beavers! :p

The wind was even worse today, yet I shot 8 strokes better from blacks (62) than I did blues :confused:

The stroke and distance + major amounts of ob + thrashing wind is just dumb. I understand trying to make the course harder for the players, but watching people lay up 30 footers all day long has to be boring as hell for anyone watching. There was times I wouldn't even putt a 15 footer because of the wind or the combination of wind + o.b.

yea i watched a little bit of it. Couple questions how far was hole 18? couple of people made that hole look harder than it was (is ob right behind that sign?) and how far was hole 1? good luck tomorrow, hopefully better playing conditions.

yea i watched a little bit of it. Couple questions how far was hole 18? couple of people made that hole look harder than it was (is ob right behind that sign?) and how far was hole 1? good luck tomorrow, hopefully better playing conditions.

It's actually really short. The wind is really bad there because it's coming across the open area to the right, overtop the trees. On blues it was a straight headwind coming from both sides of the trees. The hole itself is probably about 230', you MUST land inside the black ring or you have to re-tee once. If you miss it twice, play it from where it went OB (which if you didn't even make it, or went into the water, you have to go back to about 120' out at a line. OB on all sides of the basket, and about 10 feet behind the basket. There is no black tubing behind so that it stops the disc, and the fences behind don't go to the ground so you can go under them with a roll etc. Luckily I parked it from blacks :hfive:

Watching live is pretty cool but it would have been nice if they had some stuff from the last few days available to watch also

he's also 6'5''...talk about having some long arms

He beat me by 12 ft. The signs were short by 15ft. I got about 550 before he put that boomer put there. He was just throwing huge anny's with Apes and bosses. I was throwing flatter destroyer shots. And yeah we had 25mph+ left to right

I have an account but for some reason I can't view the live coverage...whats up? anybody else not getting it to stream for them?

Yep, definitely over. Penn State went back around 4:00 after playing another round at a local course and the ceremonies were already over. Great tournament, though! Hope it gets archived and people can watch it.

He beat me by 12 ft. The signs were short by 15ft. I got about 550 before he put that boomer put there. He was just throwing huge anny's with Apes and bosses. I was throwing flatter destroyer shots. And yeah we had 25mph+ left to right

I was so mad at the tryout times. I got beat out in the tryouts after the wind picked up and shifted from a cross to a tailwind. Was the last one to get dropped :( Someone even picked up my disc and put it in their bag, so I was stuck with their nameless semi-beat destroyer instead of my brand new one that had my name pdga and phone number on it :thmbdown:

Had some big bombs on the course though and throwing in that tailwind the day we played blues was fun.

I was so mad at the tryout times. I got beat out in the tryouts after the wind picked up and shifted from a cross to a tailwind. Was the last one to get dropped :( Someone even picked up my disc and put it in their bag, so I was stuck with their nameless semi-beat destroyer instead of my brand new one that had my name pdga and phone number on it :thmbdown:

Had some big bombs on the course though and throwing in that tailwind the day we played blues was fun.

Heh I was first up in tryouts with s headwind and got 470. Never got dropped

And throwing distance btwn rounds sucks. Put up a 1003 rated round from hippo blue followed by a sub 900 on hog. It really got me out of sink.

I was the TxState guy with the mustache that hit the Oregon guy in the face during GUTS

And throwing distance btwn rounds sucks. Put up a 1003 rated round from hippo blue followed by a sub 900 on hog. It really got me out of sink.

I was the TxState guy with the mustache that hit the Oregon guy in the face during GUTS

Nice, I put up two sub 900's to really throw me down, but also two 950+ rounds :doh: For some reason there was no 1000+ rated rounds for hippo black, but I took a 62 (2 shots below best) and only had a 983 rated round without adjustments.

I don't think I played with any texas state guys actually, I was the guy throwing wizards into the headwinds and forehand upshotting with putters.

That was hilarious!!! The best part was that you teammate got it all on film.