• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th

are those the 3 options?

white stains easy... Black is hot....

also sorry on the dumb disc question! It's die... Not Dye! (bows his head in shame)

Here are all of the color choices:

Black
Forrest Green
Kelly Green
Light Blue
Royal Blue
Navy Blue
White
Red
Maroon
Purple

Like I said they have silver as well, but not in all sizes, I'm guess they are probably low or out of Large and Extra Large, the most popular, so it's not really an option. They also told me to have a first choice and a second choice in case the first choice is not available at the time.

Here are all of the color choices:

Black
Forrest Green
Kelly Green
Light Blue
Royal Blue
Navy Blue
White
Red
Maroon
Purple

Like I said they have silver as well, but not in all sizes, I'm guess they are probably low or out of Large and Extra Large, the most popular, so it's not really an option. They also told me to have a first choice and a second choice in case the first choice is not available at the time.

my choices

I like white, you'd be using it outdoors so lighter colors would be cooler than the dark colors previously suggested.

I like white, you'd be using it outdoors so lighter colors would be cooler than the dark colors previously suggested.
^ this. :thmbup:
The entire reason I want drifit is for the hot weather --> white.
Just don't wear it when you eat ribs! :doh:

That being said: Roadtrip what ever you get, I'll work with.

Just logged off Paypal minutes ago: see y'all in C-bus!

^ this. :thmbup:
The entire reason I want drifit is for the hot weather --> white.
Just don't wear it when you eat ribs! :doh:

That being said: Roadtrip what ever you get, I'll work with.

Just logged off Paypal minutes ago: see y'all in C-bus!

I agree! Whatever you order roadtrip I will be happy with! But the above comment bogles my mind! Bogey.... I'd figure you would want the Maroon with grey writing...?

white would be fine... I have a couple of Bowtech shirts that are white & are "surviving"!

I agree! Whatever you order roadtrip I will be happy with! But the above comment bogles my mind! Bogey.... I'd figure you would want the Maroon with grey writing...?
Touché!

How about navy with gold printing???
For an Ohio meet, in C-bus no less???

C'mon... the irony's almost too good not to do it!

Oh, and it's boggles. So, you must have a degree from OSU, huh? :p

It's all good Seany! :thmbup:

Last edited:
Two more bought and paid for, thanks to Old Bassman and BogeyNoMore for purchasing their players packs.

Getting down to the wire on the players packs folks get 'em ordered. Should be reserving the last campsite that we need this weekend and ordering the discs and paragon packs next week.

Another one down, another one down, another one bites the dust. Thanks to Fleshgordon for purchasing a player's pack. Up to 18 bought and paid for, another one that should be paid for tomorrow and still waiting to hear back from like 8 people that had expressed interest.

If anyone said they were going to buy, but can't now, please let me know so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks to culinarywiz and mcmyers640 for purchasing their players packs, up to 20 packs ordered. I should be meeting up with a few people this weekend and getting 2-3 more packs paid for.

Hopefully I'll have the packs ordered by Tuesday or Wednesday and they should be here a week or so before the meet.

Was just thinking it seems like a waste to not have any just single or double round on Brent Hambrick.
*shrugs* Maybe someone would like to join my noodle arm during the distance competition or after being eliminated on their first hole during survivor golf. lol Don't know if thats outside of etiquette though as I haven't been to much of these things so bare with me.

Anyway, will have sons soccer game on Saturday but hope to be out for Doubles at Players then back Sunday for survivor and to cry when I watch MikeC throw his Wizard further than my Vulcan. Actually think I'm going to check out Brent Hambrick in the morning tomorrow for the first time.

Was just thinking it seems like a waste to not have any just single or double round on Brent Hambrick.
*shrugs* Maybe someone would like to join my noodle arm during the distance competition or after being eliminated on their first hole during survivor golf. lol Don't know if thats outside of etiquette though as I haven't been to much of these things so bare with me.

Anyway, will have sons soccer game on Saturday but hope to be out for Doubles at Players then back Sunday for survivor and to cry when I watch MikeC throw his Wizard further than my Vulcan. Actually think I'm going to check out Brent Hambrick in the morning tomorrow for the first time.

sounds like a plan

The reasoning behind not having any other rounds at Hambrick is because its kind of a mess with the middle holes being pulled. It takes a lot of time to walk back up the hill to the course and just overall doesn't flow well which I think would make the singles and doubles rounds go very, very slowly.

Another thing about having the rounds there is that it is definitely more crowded than either of the other two courses. That's one of the reasons I wanted to hold any event we have there first thing in the morning. If we get there early we should be able to avoid most of the crowds, but having a tourney style event there would definitely have us playing during the more crowded times.

Last but not least, with the best holes at Hambrick being pulled, the other two courses at this point are better than Hambrick. (Honestly IMO Holton is always better than Hambrick) With the holes being pulled at Hambrick, there are only 3 wooded holes on the entire course. C, D, and E and all three are right around the 200' mark, everything else is pretty much wide open and lack a whole lot of challenge.

Of course peeps can play whatever course they want, whenever they want, so as long as they are having a great time. That is afterall what its about, just having fun, chucking some plastic. I'm sure that anyone that gets eliminated from survivor golf will toss another round, hell I'll probably be on of the first to be out as well and I'll join you.

As for the distance comp, it might not happen. It was MikeC's idea, and so far he was the only one to show interest and he's no longer coming to the meet. We may have another event in its place or, more than likely, we'll just leave it open for people to play where ever they want.

Alright, still waiting on payment for player's packs from about 8 people that have said they are buying. Also waiting on payments for camping from 3 folks.

If all 8 folks buy we are set for the packs. Wanted to throw this out there, if anyone wants extra discs or the paragon package on top of their full packs please contact me and we can make those arrangements. As of now I will only be opening up half orders, either discs or paragon packs, to those that have already ordered a full pack. If we reach the number of full packs that we need to order I will then open up half packs to everyone.

Is everyone getting excited, its going to be such a great weekend. Everything is in order with Innova and Paragon, just need the rest of the folks to pay and the orders will go in the day I get the last payment. The guy at Innova should have ordered the die already so they are pretty much just waiting on us.

I'm so excited, I can't believe its still a month away, lol.

Extra paypal sent for my 2 extra discs!! can't wait and my son will be stoked to have something that matches Dad's discs!!!!

3 days left to order your player's packs, if I haven't heard back from you please let me know if you plan on buying.

Thanks to ejvogie for getting his order in and to crazyseany and hipster for adding a half pack to their orders. If anyone else is interested in extra discs or another paragon pack hit me up.

We're are now up to 22 player's packs ordered. Just three more and we are set. Thanks again to everyone that has ordered. I can't wait to meet you all and hand out the packs and get busy huckin' some plastic at some metal.

Sidenote: Someone in one of my groups must ace the weekend of the meet so I can finally see another ace in person.

I'll be more than happy to assist you. :D

I sure hope so. I have seen exactly one ace it was my lowly 165 footer at Blendon Woods.

I just got to thinking and I actually have enough paragon pack orders to meet the minimum, I just need to sell 6 more discs. If anyone just wants to buy single discs at this point that would be fine as well, I just need to hit the minimum 50 disc order. Just thought I would toss that out there as an option, so if maybe someone wants their two discs to throw and maybe an extra wall hanger, we can do that too.

The reasoning behind not having any other rounds at Hambrick is because its kind of a mess with the middle holes being pulled. It takes a lot of time to walk back up the hill to the course and just overall doesn't flow well which I think would make the singles and doubles rounds go very, very slowly.

Another thing about having the rounds there is that it is definitely more crowded than either of the other two courses. That's one of the reasons I wanted to hold any event we have there first thing in the morning. If we get there early we should be able to avoid most of the crowds, but having a tourney style event there would definitely have us playing during the more crowded times.

Last but not least, with the best holes at Hambrick being pulled, the other two courses at this point are better than Hambrick. (Honestly IMO Holton is always better than Hambrick) With the holes being pulled at Hambrick, there are only 3 wooded holes on the entire course. C, D, and E and all three are right around the 200' mark, everything else is pretty much wide open and lack a whole lot of challenge.

Of course peeps can play whatever course they want, whenever they want, so as long as they are having a great time. That is afterall what its about, just having fun, chucking some plastic. I'm sure that anyone that gets eliminated from survivor golf will toss another round, hell I'll probably be on of the first to be out as well and I'll join you.

As for the distance comp, it might not happen. It was MikeC's idea, and so far he was the only one to show interest and he's no longer coming to the meet. We may have another event in its place or, more than likely, we'll just leave it open for people to play where ever they want.

Heh no worries. I haven't seen any of the courses yet and had to skip it this morning so I just hope to get to play most of them then. I did see on here where some holes are closed and that sucks.