• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th

Holy moly, that's hardcore!!! Only a 6-1/2 hour drive, eh? Heh heh... hmmm....

Awesome, I thought the stamp was going to be a little plain, But it works great. Ill have something in the mail for ya mid next week.

We have a couple of other prizes lined up as well, random discs and some other small schwag that I have rounded up. There is also a special clock made by ejvogie, but I still need to find out what he wants that to be the prize for. I'm thinking first place in the survivor round, but we'll see what we come up with.

Survivor round would be OK. I'm not picky though, we'll use it for whatever else we don't have a prize for :D

Also wanted to get some opinions on another prize. I've got entry tickets and ride tickets I can donate from the Toledo Zoo (I work there :hfive:). Problem being they expire on December 31, 2011. If enough people show interest, I'll bring them for prizes. If somebody gets them and can't use them, I'm sure a trade could be haggled out with somebody who would.

toledo zoo is awesome! It's a great zoo ... Just enough "zoo" for the day... We went @ Christmas break a few years ago and it was very nice! Kinda neat seeing a zoo in the winter... Not all animals on display but got to aee alot...Polar Bear exhibit 10/10

Also wanted to get some opinions on another prize. I've got entry tickets and ride tickets I can donate from the Toledo Zoo (I work there :hfive:). Problem being they expire on December 31, 2011. If enough people show interest, I'll bring them for prizes. If somebody gets them and can't use them, I'm sure a trade could be haggled out with somebody who would.

:disclaimer: These tickets can only be used during normal business hours, not for the "Lights Before Christmas".

Just in case this may sway somebody's vote

Love the Toledo Zoo and would be happy if I got them. Been a while since I have been.

Alright guys and gals about a week and a half until the meet and I can't wait.

I wanted to see what time all of you folks that are coming out on Friday will be getting there. Campground check-in is 2:00PM I believe and I will be setting up my tent and what not from probably 2:00 to 3:00, but was thinking about maybe getting a random flip doubles round going at Gordon Holton around 4:30-5:00 depending on many people will be there by then. Any thoughts? Anyone know if they'll be there by then?

I also wanted to know how if and who will need there player's pack shipped to them. I think there was at least one maybe two people that needed theirs mailed, if you know you aren't going to be there but ordered a pack, just PM me. (ynmbersup is excluded and doesn't need to PM me.)

As for handing out the player's packs, there are multiple color discs and stamps and of course the weight ranges that you requested, I'm going to make sure everyone gets as close to the weight they wanted as possible and go from there. I would like to go ahead and make up the packs, adding your discs to the paragon packs ahead of time for ease and to save time at the meet, unless anyone objects.

Let me know what you guys think about the player's packs and the plans for Friday, what time you guys are showing up and what not and we'll start nailing down details for Friday.

I am getting people's preference of weights and colors. I am sending out PMs, in the order of payments, so those that paid first, get first choice. Let me know asap so I can move on to the next person, thanks.

I plan on being there by noon or before Friday at one of the courses we're playing Saturday. I've never seen either course.
I still don't have a room reserved, I was thinking of waiting and finding one that day. One of the three hotels listed were sold out a couple weeks ago for our weekend.

I plan on being there by noon or before Friday at one of the courses we're playing Saturday. I've never seen either course.
I still don't have a room reserved, I was thinking of waiting and finding one that day. One of the three hotels listed were sold out a couple weeks ago for our weekend.

There are a couple of hotels around Delaware and at Polaris (North of Columbus and about 7 minutes from Alum Creek) as well if you can't find a room at one of those three hotels listed. There's always camping too, lol, hint hint, we're going to be having a good time back at the campground. If you need helping finding a good, close hotel, let me know and I'll help you out.

I have a couple of people's disc choices and will be sending PMs over the next few days, in order that you paid, to get your disc selections so that we don't have to waste time at the meet selecting discs, I can just hand them out and go.

I know some of you won't be there on Saturday, but a majority of the members will so I will be doing a group photo on Saturday just after handing out the players packs, which will probably be at lunchtime on Saturday.

(If you won't be attending on Saturday I will get you your player's pack on whichever day you are attending.)

Does anyone have any questions or last minute ideas?

I would like to pick up a couple of things for the meet, maybe a box of golf pencils and some orange flags for marking CTP and the short tee pads at Alum Creek. If anyone happens to have any of the flags or anything let me know, if not I can try to hit up Lowe's before the meet.

We could have a Saturday group picture and a Sunday group picture?

I have extra film. ;)

We could have a Saturday group picture and a Sunday group picture?

I have extra film. ;)

There will definitely be a lot of pics taken that weekend. We can definitely do a group pic on both days. I do think there is one or two people only coming for Friday as well so I will grab a pic of the peeps there too.

I laugh at your film :p

Friday random doubles sounds good to me

Awesome, I think at the very least we will have 6-8 people so looks like it's on for anyone that can make it. Tee off at 5:00PM for random draw/flip doubles. This won't be a prize round, but pride is on the line, lol. I wouldn't object to like 3-5 per person either, but that's not required or anything, just an idea.

I've gotten quite a few people's disc choices so far and will continue through tomorrow until I get everyone's preferences, again just wanted to throw it out there so that everyone knows to be on the lookout for that PM.

The Zoo tix will be prizes for the Friday dubs round. If cali/lone wolf/whatever the hell else it's called wins, then only one set of tickets will be awarded and the other saved for another prize (glow?)

I know some of you won't be there on Saturday, but a majority of the members will so I will be doing a group photo on Saturday just after handing out the players packs, which will probably be at lunchtime on Saturday.

group photo = :thmbup:

question, is this looking to be a new dgcr record for a meet with the highest attendance?

The Zoo tix will be prizes for the Friday dubs round. If cali/lone wolf/whatever the hell else it's called wins, then only one set of tickets will be awarded and the other saved for another prize (glow?)

Awesome. Thanks so much for all of your donations.

Sending out more PMs in just a few for disc selection. It's going a lot quicker than I thought, so I hope to have everyone PMed by the end of the week.

Damn, sounds awesome roadtrip...I wish I could make it but it's looking pretty much like a no go for me. :(
@GDBP...if you end up going, let me know and I just *might* be able to swing it if we carpool...*might.*

Alright without further ado:

picture.php

Top two rows are Leopards bottom two are Rocs.

and...

picture.php

Closeup of one of the Leopards.

They look great, there are multiple colors, everyone will just get random colors for both the disc and stamp. I haven't heard back on the shirts/paragon packs yet, but he quoted me two weeks so I should hear back from them in the next week or so and I will let everyone know when they arrive.

So what do you guys think?

Oh and I apologize in advance to the one dude that gets the pink with purple stamp 170-172 Leopard. They sent exactly one in that color, lol.

Sweet stamp! :hfive:

Latest posts