• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th

Sweet stamp! :hfive:

Thanks man. The credit goes to CrazyPep, he did all of the work. I absolutely love them and I can't wait to see how the shirts and what not turn out.

Disc selections came to a grinding halt today, but people should start responding again once they get home from work and tomorrow so I'll pick back up with the PMs then and still hopefully get to everyone by Friday.

I am so effin' excited about this meet. Going to start going through the camping equipment this weekend and make sure its all ready to roll for the meet. Everyone remember to bring tarps and or canopies if you have them. Right now they are calling for rain on Friday, but its still far off and hopefully won't be the case, but you never know. Is it just me or is there guaranteed rain for every DGCR meet?

My wife and I will be heading down Friday morning, but to do some non-dg sightseeing.
We plan on playing the glo round...never done that before, but it sounds exciting! can't wait.

My wife and I will be heading down Friday morning, but to do some non-dg sightseeing.
We plan on playing the glo round...never done that before, but it sounds exciting! can't wait.

Cool. You were going to be there Friday and Saturday correct? What are you all doing for accommodations? I don't remember you saying anything about camping or anything. Just thought I'd ask in case you are interested in camping.

Yes, we'll be there Friday and all day Saturday.
We'll be doing the hotel thing. We like to camp, but more like the kind where you hike 3 days out. :)

uth_matar found the forums?!

funny-dog-pictures-omg1.jpg

i found the forums?! no, i kept the pm from rts....i just keep clicking the link at the bottom of that message. :p

Damn, sounds awesome roadtrip...I wish I could make it but it's looking pretty much like a no go for me. :(
@GDBP...if you end up going, let me know and I just *might* be able to swing it if we carpool...*might.*
You know you want to! Don't let something trivial (like life) get between you and a good DG roadie!

I really hope GDBP comes through...then again, he's got a n00b on his hands, and they have a special way of reprioritizing one's life. ;)

Last edited:
I'm making progress on the disc selections. I have over half of you done, I just got held up by a couple of people and had to skip them. I'm messaging everyone and giving them a day or two to respond them moving on to the next. As get back to me I will let them pick wherever I am at, but I just want to make sure I get through the list and give everyone a chance to pick their discs.

On another note I was up playing at Gordon Holton today and my friends and I were on hole 8 about to tee off when these two small/young deer came out of the woods. They started eating grass and kind of walking towards us. They just looked at us and ate some grass and came about 10 feet from of us. Then one walked over to one of the small ponds and got a drink then they walked away. It was kind of cool. I've never had any kind of animal in the wild knowingly come that close to me.

Only three or four of you left to pick discs and I'll have everything organized as far as they are concerned. Just waiting on the paragon packs to arrive at the moment. I talked to the guy Friday and he assured me that I would have them on time so I expect that they will arrive early to the middle of this week. I'll post as soon as they come in.

Received the first place prize for the singles round on Friday as well. I absolutely love it and I'm sure you guys will to. I've decided to wait until the meet to reveal it, but wanted to give a HUGE THANKS to yrnmbrsup. Thanks so much for the donation Curtis. I will send your player's pack out either the end of this week or beginning of next week and I'll see you in May at Casitas.

I'm still taking donations so anyone that has anything to donate, discs, disc golf towels, dri-fits, anything disc golf related that you can bring to the meet for prizes that would be great.

One other thing that I want to get, but can always go to Lowe's is orange, or any color really, flags for marking tee pads, ctp, and what not. I just thought I would throw it out there in case someone attending has some lying around. Just PM if you have anything that we could use.

Lastly. I can't believe its less than an effin week and I'll be seeing all you guys in 5 days. I'm so excited and I'm going to try to get to the courses as early as possible. When is everyone else getting there. I know that a few of you said that you'll be there for the doubles and glo round Friday, what about everyone else? Anyone else getting there early. I'm thinking noon at the latest so I can get in a round, set up camp and scope out holes for the glo round, then be ready for the doubles round at 5.

We (technically) can't have the campsite until 2PM, correct? That's when I planned on being there. Plus I have to pick up and cash my paycheck and drive down from the 419.

I'll probably be at either Gordon Holton or Alum Creek at noon. I will keep everyone posted on which course.

Yes we can't check in until 2PM.

So I was waiting on Innova and Paragon to charge me to reserve the last campsite, and of course some ahole reserved the site right in the middle of our group. I have reserve 162 and was going to grab 163, logged in earlier today and it was available, but just checked again and it's gone. There are more sites in the loop so it's not like we'll be short or anything, but now we have some randoms in the middle of the group.

I'm sorry I waited so long guys I just had all of the money collected in a separate account and Innova finally just charged me on Friday even though I've had the discs since Tuesday. Plus I never thought that someone would reserve a site in the middle of a bunch of reserved sites since the rest of the campground is practically empty.

I'm just going to wait a couple of hours and then grab another site. I'm hoping someone just has it in their shopping cart or something and it will go back available.

Last edited:
So I was waiting on Innova and Paragon to charge me to reserve the last campsite, and of course some ahole reserved the site right in the middle of our group. I have reserve 162 and was going to grab 163, logged in earlier today and it was available, but just checked again and it's gone. There are more sites in the loop so it's not like we'll be short or anything, but now we have some randoms in the middle of the group.

I'm sorry I waited so long guys I just had all of the money collected in a separate account and Innova finally just charged me on Friday even though I've had the discs since Tuesday. Plus I never thought that someone would reserve a site in the middle of a bunch of reserved sites since the rest of the campground is practically empty.

I'm just going to wait a couple of hours and then grab another site. I'm hoping someone just has it in their shopping cart or something and it will go back available.

You should always have someone walking through their site at some point :p. Has the paragon stuff arrived yet, I'm so pumped for this!

I talked to the guy from Paragon on Friday, he assured me that everything would be here on time. He said the shirts and bag tags are finished, but he had to order the towels. I'm expecting them sometime early to the middle of this week.

I made through everyone that ordered and all disc selection have been made. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly guys and gals.

If anyone in this group did reserve site 163, please let me know. I'm going to reserve the last one in the loop tonight if 163 doesn't go back available.

Latest posts