• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Worlds DVD

Ripper

Double Eagle Member
Thinking of wanting to see the action of this Worlds, but was wondering if the 2011 Worlds DVD ever came out?

No...the PDGA was supposed to be putting it out (I pre-paid them right after Worlds last year), but have yet to receive it or hear anything about it. :(

Tim S.

i think they said november during their broadcast of worlds if i'm not mistaken. promo looks great.

No...the PDGA was supposed to be putting it out (I pre-paid them right after Worlds last year), but have yet to receive it or hear anything about it. :(

Tim S.

where is the that gif with the girl mouthing O M G!

u serious?

Not the PDGA's fault. They signed Derek Hastings of Chains infamy to do the dvd. I was wondering if the disc would ever come out, but the promos during the Worlds broadcast did look good.

Not the PDGA's fault. They signed Derek Hastings of Chains infamy to do the dvd. I was wondering if the disc would ever come out, but the promos during the Worlds broadcast did look good.

Chains...lol, what a joke. I can't believe they don't have the 2011 DVD out yet. Makes me glad I didn't preorder it back then, I'd be pissed if I was still waiting on it. I'll wait until it's DONE, if that ever happens...

Last edited:
Not the PDGA's fault. They signed Derek Hastings of Chains infamy to do the dvd.

The information dispersed in Charlotte was that Hastings' hard drive crashed and/or he was lacking funds to finish the DVD project.

What is a fricking joke is the folks who just naturally jumped to conclusions that this was somehow the PDGA's fault. :thmbdown:

The information dispersed in Charlotte was that Hastings' hard drive crashed and/or he was lacking funds to finish the DVD project.

What is a fricking joke is the folks who just naturally jumped to conclusions that this was somehow the PDGA's fault. :thmbdown:

Well, if the PDGA contracted the work out, then they certainly have some level of responsibility.

Sounds to me like it's definitely their fault. They hired one single guy to make a DVD and then when he said he ran out of money or his HDD crashed they just gave up and didn't pick up the pieces after they already took preorders? When do they plan on releasing the 2012 video - in 2014?

Sounds to me like it's definitely their fault. They hired one single guy to make a DVD and then when he said he ran out of money or his HDD crashed they just gave up and didn't pick up the pieces after they already took preorders? When do they plan on releasing the 2012 video - in 2014?

A 2-dvd set of 2012 footage (over 3.5 hrs, including Finals action and earlier round highlights) will be available in a few days or so through the PDGA. Price is set at $10, including shipping. Details will follow. For those who want more, I'll also make available all of my footage as a package (the same Finals footage plus the full extent of what I shot during the eight early rounds I covered). Pricing TBD on the full set, probably in the $40 range. Footage has already been captured and I'm working on mastering the DVDs. I'm calling these packages Rough Cuts since the footage is unedited with a little bit of live commentary. Not the polished final product that takes months to complete, but something ready and available for folks who want to see something of what happened in Charlotte.

Proceeds from this project support PDGA Media efforts.

Best regards,

Joe

A 2-dvd set of 2012 footage (over 3.5 hrs, including Finals action and earlier round highlights) will be available in a few days or so through the PDGA. Price is set at $10, including shipping. Details will follow. For those who want more, I'll also make available all of my footage as a package (the same Finals footage plus the full extent of what I shot during the eight early rounds I covered). Pricing TBD on the full set, probably in the $40 range. Footage has already been captured and I'm working on mastering the DVDs. I'm calling these packages Rough Cuts since the footage is unedited with a little bit of live commentary. Not the polished final product that takes months to complete, but something ready and available for folks who want to see something of what happened in Charlotte.

Proceeds from this project support PDGA Media efforts.

Best regards,

Joe

Thanks for stepping up Joe and being part of the solution! Also a great price for over 3 hours of footage even if it's 'rough'.

Thanks for stepping up Joe and being part of the solution! Also a great price for over 3 hours of footage even if it's 'rough'.

When I heard there were no plans for an event DVD and knew I'd be there shooting anyway, I thought this would be a win/win. Brian Graham was quick to support the concept and the PDGA is on board to provide most of the marketing. Once the folks at HQ recover from a big week at worlds, we''ll make the Rough Cuts DVDs available through the PDGA website. DVDs are being mastered and I can start duplicating those soon and ship shortly thereafter.

Joe