• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Historical PDGA World Rankings - Why the gap?

ChrisWoj

Common Core Crusader
Silver level trusted reviewer
On the PDGA website there's a gap in the World Rankings between 2004 and 2011. Anyone know why this is? I feel fairly certain that the PDGA was doing those rankings during that period.

I was trying to explain to someone how the rankings used to be based on B Tiers or higher IIRC and how players would have different ratings in the World Ranking line vs their actual rating. (Marty Peters was the example I was looking for - as I believe there was a time he had a good 30-40 point gap btwn his overall rating and what was listed on his spot in the World Rankings)

On the PDGA website there's a gap in the World Rankings between 2004 and 2011. Anyone know why this is? I feel fairly certain that the PDGA was doing those rankings during that period.

I was trying to explain to someone how the rankings used to be based on B Tiers or higher IIRC and how players would have different ratings in the World Ranking line vs their actual rating. (Marty Peters was the example I was looking for - as I believe there was a time he had a good 30-40 point gap btwn his overall rating and what was listed on his spot in the World Rankings)
I started the World Rankings with Yearend 2005. A player's World Ranking Rating was calculated as a straight (unweighted) average of their round ratings (all tiers) during the 12 months prior to the date the World Rankings were calculated. This way, the World Ranking Rating for all players included only rounds from the exact same time period.

I started the World Rankings with Yearend 2005. A player's World Ranking Rating was calculated as a straight (unweighted) average of their round ratings (all tiers) during the 12 months prior to the date the World Rankings were calculated. This way, the World Ranking Rating for all players included only rounds from the exact same time period.
I am certain there was a time when the World Rankings downloadable document contained ratings on B Tiers or higher. Am I mixing this up with a different ranking the PDGA put out? Also do you have a place I can find those rankings from 2005-2010?

I am certain there was a time when the World Rankings downloadable document contained ratings on B Tiers or higher. Am I mixing this up with a different ranking the PDGA put out? Also do you have a place I can find those rankings from 2005-2010?
I gave the link in post #2 for MPO WR from 2005-2010. Player and Rookie of the Year points were awarded for final rank in B-tiers and higher.

I gave the link in post #2 for MPO WR from 2005-2010. Player and Rookie of the Year points were awarded for final rank in B-tiers and higher.

Gracias my bad. I only scrolled down from the quoted post. Appreciate your patience.

Upon closer examination the documents you shared support what I thought - B Tier or higher. The asterisk doesn't mean the same thing for all years. On 2007 rating is calculated on only B or higher. On 2010, and 2006-08 at least

Latest posts